Bon Voyage Experience

Sonicsmash214

How does the $39 credit work for a future cruise? I just booked a cruise to the British Isles in June. Would it be possible to go on a BVE before then (say, in March) and then have that credit applied even though the next cruise is already booked?

Also, speaking of BVEs, does anyone have a schedule of them for 2016? Thanks!

My sister just did the BVE in San Francisco. The paperwork she got stated that the $39 credit could be applied to a future booking. Makes it sound like a new booking, but you could try to get it applied to your already booked cruise. It goes on your circle savings account immediately.

I have never seen a BVE schedule! I just always call Princess if we have someone who wants to do one. We happen to have booked a cruise right after that and her $39 was applied

How does the $39 credit work for a future cruise? I just booked a cruise to the British Isles in June. Would it be possible to go on a BVE before then (say, in March) and then have that credit applied even though the next cruise is already booked?

Also, speaking of BVEs, does anyone have a schedule of them for 2016? Thanks!

It needs to be a new booking within three months of the BVE. Once booked, the $39 will come off the final price of the cruise.

For 2016 cruises, i would recommend looking at cruises that leave from your homeport on the cruise personalizer. Not all cities have the BVE, but you would have a better idea of potential dates.

Edited by azdmelani

Just talked to a Princess rep and they said I absolutely can apply it! :)

Here's the official wording:

The Bon Voyage Experience is an innovative new program harkening back to the nostalgic tradition from the early days of cruising, allowing guests the opportunity to invite family and friends aboard your ship on embarkation day. The program's new twist also allows cruisers new to Princess to see the inside of a Princess ship and experience the excitement of cruising first-hand -- even if they're not affiliated with booked guests.

Guests will spend up to four hours onboard before the ship sets sail, where they'll enjoy a four-course dining room lunch (including wine), a guided ship tour, and a souvenir photo! Plus, the $39 per person cost of the program can be applied toward a future cruise with Princess. Only 50 guests are able to participate in the Bon Voyage Experience on any given embarkation day, so make sure you make your reservations soon!

To learn more about Bon Voyage Experience reservations and availability near you, please contact your Travel Consultant or call 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) as long as it is not within 7 days of sailing.

It says that the $39 can be applied to a future cruise, not only just a new booking. Cheers! :)

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late to the party, but just wondering can anyone participate? Or do you need to know someone who's on that particular BVE offered sailing? Looking to book a 2017 cruise and would love to do this, so I could buy a future cruise cert and get reduced deposit. But don't know anyone sailing Princess.

Just talked to a Princess rep and they said I absolutely can apply it! :)

It says that the $39 can be applied to a future cruise, not only just a new booking. Cheers! :)

Were you able to actually do this?

For those who are wondering...here is a link to the 2016 BVEs - http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk//showthread.php?t=2305019

I'm a little late to the party, but just wondering can anyone participate? Or do you need to know someone who's on that particular BVE offered sailing? Looking to book a 2017 cruise and would love to do this, so I could buy a future cruise cert and get reduced deposit. But don't know anyone sailing Princess.

Anyone can do it.

You have to call Princess or your travel agent to get a reservation. When you call, if the rep doesn't know what you are talking about, hang up and call back. Some of the reps live in a cave:cool:.

Anyone can book a BVE. You don't have to know anyone sailing.

FYI, BVE passengers are not quite the first to board the ship. First are B2B followed by any "event" passengers and guests (such as a wedding) and then BVE. Usually, everyone doing the BVE has to be there before the Captain's Circle Host leads you onboard so please plan to be there early. I've done BVEs when we had to wait for stragglers or people who can't tell time. :(

As for the $39 to be applied to a booking, I've had it both ways. One TA I know has gotten it applied to a current booking, another TA wasn't able to. I don't think there's consistency. What a surprise?

Edited by Pam in CA

it is NOT necessary for all the people to be there before the BVE group boards. The B2B passengers also board at the same time as the BVE,( actually they can board with whatever group boards first) Depending on the ship, other groups are boarded before or after the BVE group.

There are always stragglers in SFO as most people do not plan for the time it takes to park. They board when they arrive and catch up with the group. Travel agent and wedding groups all board together as they ALL have to be there in order to board, this may be before or after BVE

Of course this is subject to change if conditions change. Such as a late arrival, Coast Guard inspection, etc.

As for the $39 to be applied to a booking, I've had it both ways. One TA I know has gotten it applied to a current booking, another TA wasn't able to.

Thank you everyone...appreciate your response.:) Bummer on the inconsistency above. Although I'm sure lunch and tour are enjoyable, I'll probably pass if I can't find something in writing on this program that states fee will be applied to a future booking. I'd really just be doing it for the lower deposit and $50 FCC OBC. And Princess runs reduced deposit deals all the time.

I wonder if there are published Bon Voyage terms and conditions somewhere that I can cite as proof when trying to get the fee applied to my 2017 booking. Will do a search on their website.

Thanks again!

Quick update: I did find written mention (in website FAQs) that the $39 can be applied towards a future Princess cruise. However, it says nothing about the ability to purchase FCC (with reduced deposit and OBC benefit) during that BVE experience.

So I called Princess to ask about the FCC and the rep said she didn't think you could do that on a BVE. But she'd be happy to verify - she looked up that dept's extension and reached someone there. They told her you can definitely apply the $39, but you can't get the FCC benefits - that's only for people who actually sail.

I know several people on cc said they were able to do so...maybe they changed the policy? (It sounded too good to be true to get FCC benefits AND apply the $39!) :D

it is NOT necessary for all the people to be there before the BVE group boards. The B2B passengers also board at the same time as the BVE,( actually they can board with whatever group boards first) Depending on the ship, other groups are boarded before or after the BVE group.
Don't know what to tell you. Maybe it's different in SFO. I've done the BVE in San Pedro six times and the process I described above is what I've experienced.

Were you able to actually do this?

For those who are wondering...here is a link to the 2016 BVEs - http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk//showthread.php?t=2305019

I booked a BVE in March and I asked for an email confirmation from the rep I spoke to, just in case the $39 credit doesn't apply for some reason or if I have trouble with the reps. I won't know the actual result until after I go on the BVE.

Quick update: I did find written mention (in website FAQs) that the $39 can be applied towards a future Princess cruise. However, it says nothing about the ability to purchase FCC (with reduced deposit and OBC benefit) during that BVE experience.

So I called Princess to ask about the FCC and the rep said she didn't think you could do that on a BVE. But she'd be happy to verify - she looked up that dept's extension and reached someone there. They told her you can definitely apply the $39, but you can't get the FCC benefits - that's only for people who actually sail.

I know several people on cc said they were able to do so...maybe they changed the policy? (It sounded too good to be true to get FCC benefits AND apply the $39!) :D

My sister did the BVE in December. She got a FCC deposit. They just emailed her the paperwork, she didn't walk off with it. Then while I was on the cruise, I booked our next cruise together with FCC deposits as our initial deposits.

You can purchase FCCs while doing a BVE, but the FCC usually cannot be applied to an existing booking.

I thought I read somewhere that the BVE people can also bring on bottles of wine which they could drink themselves or be left for those sailing. Has anyone heard about this. I'll bring a bottle for my DH and he can bring one but if my DD and DSIL can bring one too that will keep him for the week.

I also plan on the kids bringing their champagne as well. They do love their bubbly. :D

Who gets the BVE credit off future cruise ? The person who buys it or the person who does the BVE ? I bought BVE for DD, DSIL and Granddaughter. Can I get a credit ?

The person who does the BVE.

Just like airline frequent flier miles. They go to the person that flies, not to who paid for the ticket.

I thought I read somewhere that the BVE people can also bring on bottles of wine which they could drink themselves or be left for those sailing. Has anyone heard about this. I'll bring a bottle for my DH and he can bring one but if my DD and DSIL can bring one too that will keep him for the week.

I also plan on the kids bringing their champagne as well. They do love their bubbly. :D

Great idea ! I never thought of that one. ;)