Using OBC

FSUNole

We will be buying drink packages and a premium dining package. When do we do this so that our OBC is used to pay for it. Do we have to wait until we get onboard? I haven't gone through the process online to arrange these packages so not sure if it asks for form of payment or not... Thanks in advance for your patience with my clearly amateur question... ;)

If you want to use OBC, you have to wait till you are onboard. We bought our drink package onboard from the bartender at the Solarium Bar. If you book it ahead of time you have to pay for it then.

I've never had trouble using my OBC by the end of the cruise.

We will be buying drink packages and a premium dining package. When do we do this so that our OBC is used to pay for it. Do we have to wait until we get onboard? I haven't gone through the process online to arrange these packages so not sure if it asks for form of payment or not... Thanks in advance for your patience with my clearly amateur question... ;)

Anytime you purchase something on-line for your cruise you will have to pay for it by credit card. If you wait and purchase it once on board, it will be added to your SeaPass Account and any OBC that you have will offset the charges.

OBC usually appears by 4PM on Day 2. Enjoy your cruise.

Anytime you purchase something on-line for your cruise you will have to pay for it by credit card. If you wait and purchase it once on board, it will be added to your SeaPass Account and any OBC that you have will offset the charges.

OBC usually appears by 4PM on Day 2. Enjoy your cruise.

Wait, My OBC will not be available to me on day one when I board? I wanted to use it to book Chops and an excursion. Can I call to book those and use it or does it all have to wait till we are on board. I'm only on a 4 day cruise so if it doesn't show up till basically half way through the cruise I'll be pissed.

Wait, My OBC will not be available to me on day one when I board? I wanted to use it to book Chops and an excursion. Can I call to book those and use it or does it all have to wait till we are on board. I'm only on a 4 day cruise so if it doesn't show up till basically half way through the cruise I'll be pissed.

You can use it on day 1 but it wont show on your account until usually day 2.

It doesn't matter. You can still spend the OBC, it just goes against your account and then when the OBC is added it is subtracted from your bill. You don't pay your bill until the end of the cruise anyway so it all evens out by then.

Tom

You can start buying stuff as soon as you board! :D They will be very happy to take your Seapass card.

But whatever onboard credit you have won't show up until the next day or so. It will help to offset the cost of the things you have already purchased! :D

Just think of your SeaPass onboard account as a bank account that needs to end up being zero at the end of the cruise, regardless of when debits (purchases) or credits (OBC) get posted. You can "overdraft" the account if your OBC is not posted right away on Day 1.

You just have to pay off any remaining balance at the end. If you have a cash account, anything owed can be paid in cash or you can apply a credit card to the cash account at Guest Services. If you already have a credit card linked to the SeaPass account before you board, you don't need to line up for any owed amount to be paid.

If you're lucky enough to have OBC remaining (money owed to you), any refundable amount can be cashed out at Guest Services on the last day of your cruise (or in one case for me, refunded to my credit card).

When you embark on your cruise, you can immediately book your specialty restaurants. You do not need to wait for OBC. The OBC will show up later to offset the charge. When you preregister for your cruise, you should have a credit card on record with the ship!