The issue with subeds on Britannia.

tankmc

£50 for a day? Can this be true. I must have fallen asleep somewhere back in the mid 80's and woken up to one of the horrors of the 21'st century.

David.

The Retreat

The Retreat

Accessed via the Spa reception on deck 16 The Retreat is a sumptuous open-air spa terrace with sun loungers, a separate pool and stunning sea views designed exclusively for adults only.

Offering the perfect place to relax, unwind and be pampered, the area features padded sun loungers, huge outdoor beds, a cabana which sits in the middle of the deck with stewards on hand to help with anything guests may need and two massage beds set up, where for an additional charge guests can access a full range of treatments including daily specials such as £20 facials or a 15 minute Expert Touch session for £15.

The overhead covering enables the retreat to be airy whilst protecting it from the midday sun and guests can relax or cool off in the Endless Pool and whirlpool spa’s in the Oasis spa below.

The cost to use The Retreat is £20 per person on sea days or £12 per person on port days. A 2 week couple’s pass for £200 is also available which includes the use of the Thermal Spa.

The next day, back to normal. When I asked why I was told that staff had been "in tears" after being confronted by the Hogs and had said they wouldn't do it any more. Talk about letting the bullies win!

There's a very simple solution to that, which actually should be applied anyway, because some people seem to think the staff are a cross between personal slaves and sounding boards for their grievances.

Aggressive behaviour (raising issues is fine, but do it politely) towards staff gets you an official warning. Do it again and you get to watch the ship sail off without you.

This might sound harsh. I think it would probably gain P&O Customers. I was delighted when I read about yobs being chucked off in the West Indies.

Do the spa team try the hard sell on you if you go in The Retreat?

The Spa is in a separate side area. So if one enters their area, it is perfectly natural for the staff to consider one as a potential customer. ;)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Agreed, one can Q in the morning for a day pass, which is on a first come first served basis. Q will start about 07.00 with no guarantee of a place, or position of bed. So start the Q to be safe.

With regard to the term "sunbeds", the Retreat has large padded comfortable loungers, the decks have the usual P&O offerings. You can actually leave your sunbed without concern of it being targeted by people with good manners and thought for others. It is also has more personal space and a nice peaceful environment

One pays for the total Retreat package, not just "beds".

I have just corrected that for you, no need to thank me.

They certainly try the hard sell if you go anywhere near them!

First cruise on Ventura, we went to the raffle thing they have. Was standing close enough to the boss to hear sotto voce the instructions to stand near the exits to encourage people to take a tour.

Having said that, to access the quiet pool you have to go through the Spa and never been hassled.

The Retreat

The Retreat

Accessed via the Spa reception on deck 16 The Retreat is a sumptuous open-air spa terrace with sun loungers, a separate pool and stunning sea views designed exclusively for adults only.

Offering the perfect place to relax, unwind and be pampered, the area features padded sun loungers, huge outdoor beds, a cabana which sits in the middle of the deck with stewards on hand to help with anything guests may need and two massage beds set up, where for an additional charge guests can access a full range of treatments including daily specials such as £20 facials or a 15 minute Expert Touch session for £15.

The overhead covering enables the retreat to be airy whilst protecting it from the midday sun and guests can relax or cool off in the Endless Pool and whirlpool spa’s in the Oasis spa below.

The cost to use The Retreat is £20 per person on sea days or £12 per person on port days. A 2 week couple’s pass for £200 is also available which includes the use of the Thermal Spa.

I am assuming that is £200 each not £200 per couple?