Suites-Speciality Dining on Embarkation Day

qsuzi

Has anyone in a suite taken advantage of the "complimentary cover charge for one of the speciality restaurants on embarkation evening" with no issues? Do you let them know you are in a suite when you make your reservation (upon boarding)? Is this amenity available on the Crown Princess?

Edited by qsuzi

Also, go visit the Concierge Desk after you get on board and the host will make your reservation for you. This can be faster than going directly to the venue as there can be a large line. When the host makes your reservation, she/he will confirm you are a suite passenger so the venue will already be aware of it.

Suites have early boarding so you should be well aboard before the ship is crowded. We were on Regal, went to Alfredo's for lunch and then stopped by Sabatini's to make our dinner reservations. There was no line. We got to meet the Matre'd and were able to pick our preferred table for breakfasts there. Intend to do the same for our next Regal cruise.

Suites have early boarding so you should be well aboard before the ship is crowded. We were on Regal, went to Alfredo's for lunch and then stopped by Sabatini's to make our dinner reservations. There was no line. We got to meet the Matre'd and were able to pick our preferred table for breakfasts there. Intend to do the same for our next Regal cruise.

That was not our experience. We were on the ship before 12 noon and walked by the Crown Grill on our way to the elevators to the suite and the line was easily 15 deep. We then went to the Concierge Desk and she had our reservation made within two minutes of making the call.

I suppose it can go either way.

It was very convenient to stop by Sabatinis after lunch at Alfredos on Regal. I wonder if the difference in our experiences was the result of your choice for the CG and our choosing Sabatinis?

Thanks for letting me know that the Concierge can make those reservations. It will be very convenient to let them make our reservations on our next two cruises. We will have two complimentary dinners on CB. We will have one on Regal but we also want to do a UBD. It would certainly be smoother to let the Concierge make those reservations instead of walking all over the ship.

Thanks a bunch.

It was very convenient to stop by Sabatinis after lunch at Alfredos on Regal. I wonder if the difference in our experiences was the result of your choice for the CG and our choosing Sabatinis?

Thanks for letting me know that the Concierge can make those reservations. It will be very convenient to let them make our reservations on our next two cruises. We will have two complimentary dinners on CB. We will have one on Regal but we also want to do a UBD. It would certainly be smoother to let the Concierge make those reservations instead of walking all over the ship.

Thanks a bunch.

We utilized the desk often. If on the Regal and Luidmyla is your host, she was fantastic. Always had a smile on her face and always got the job done. When the CG told us we couldn't get reservations any earlier than 8pm, she said she would work on it and got us in at 7pm.

Where/what is the 'concierge desk'? Is that the separate line at the customer service/purser's desk? I'm curious because we have a suite for the first time on our cruise next month. I've never heard of a 'concierge desk' before.

It will depend on which ship you are on and I honestly don't know if all ships have them. However if your on the Royal or Regal, it's on the Riviera Deck (14) mid-aft. They have snacks and beverages 24/7 and the desk is normally open for two hours in the morning then afternoon and again in the evening. If you call "guest services" from your room, it will actually ring the Concierge Desk.

It will depend on which ship you are on and I honestly don't know if all ships have them. However if your on the Royal or Regal, it's on the Riviera Deck (14) mid-aft. They have snacks and beverages 24/7 and the desk is normally open for two hours in the morning then afternoon and again in the evening. If you call "guest services" from your room, it will actually ring the Concierge Desk.

We're on the Caribbean Princess.

We're on the Caribbean Princess.

I looked real fast. It looks like the Penthouse Suites are on the Rivera Deck (14) and I did not see a Concierge Lounge. Unless someone chimes in between now and your departure date, or if you end up on the phone with Princess, you could ask them or ask if there is a lounge when you get on board.

I looked real fast. It looks like the Penthouse Suites are on the Rivera Deck (14) and I did not see a Concierge Lounge. Unless someone chimes in between now and your departure date, or if you end up on the phone with Princess, you could ask them or ask if there is a lounge when you get on board.

Will do, thanks!

I couldn't locate a concierge desk on Caribbean Princess. I did check the suites amenities popup. It does say there is a suites lounge. Since it says specifically that there isn't a suites lounge on Dawn, Sea, and Sun Princess, the implication is that there is one on CB. I would imagine that would be where the concierge would hang out. (First suite on CB so not sure.)

I couldn't locate a concierge desk on Caribbean Princess. I did check the suites amenities popup. It does say there is a suites lounge. Since it says specifically that there isn't a suites lounge on Dawn, Sea, and Sun Princess, the implication is that there is one on CB. I would imagine that would be where the concierge would hang out. (First suite on CB so not sure.)

The lounge they're talking about is probably the suite/elite/platinum lounge open for happy hour drinks and snacks. Not a dedicated concierge lounge.

So, where is that suite/elite/platinum lounge?

That depends on the ship and the number of suite/elite/platinum passengers. On the Grand Class ships it is usually in Skywalkers but if there are hundreds of qualified passengers they move it to Club Fusion. On the Royal and Regal it is in Club 6 (don't know where they move it to if there are too many qualified passengers).

Has anyone in a suite taken advantage of the "complimentary cover charge for one of the speciality restaurants on embarkation evening" with no issues? Do you let them know you are in a suite when you make your reservation (upon boarding)? Is this amenity available on the Crown Princess?

We had a card from dining services, all we had to do was call for reservation time. It would be nice to be able to pick which day we want. We're usually tired after traveling to the pier, and like to go to bed early. Oh well it's free.