Almost last minute....booked for May!

dltvermont

We had no intentions of cruising this year after cruising the past two, but just couldnt pass up booking an itinerary that Ive wanted to do for a long time. Not the ship I would have preferred but booked the Fascination out of PR for mid May.

So far everything has fallen into place and this time we dont have to wait a year for the trip!!

There was no Roll Call for this trip so I started one. If anyone else is sailing May 15 go add yourself!!

This was with our whole family so had to make sure it was when two of my kids were out of college classes etc. I told my wife when we do one for just us, I think we should wait as well and try to get a deal.

I was just concerned about planning and things falling into place. My wife hates to fly so is picky about what airline and when etc. I was able to find seats but certainly not the choice I usually get when the airlines first put out their schedule.

For someone who has only booked a year + in advance, this is last minute.

With the national security stuff I didn't know they would let you book a cruise same day now. Although given the right price I could be ready to go tomorrow!

...booked the Fascination out of PR for mid May!!

Congrats! Have a great time. It's a great cruise and I can assure you that you won't even think about the ship.

I agree with others. 4 months is hardly last minute, although it may feel like it to you. In fact, the cruise lines are currently in what they call "wave season" which is when majority of cruisers book their summer sailings. You are actually ahead of many fellow cruisers who will more likely pay more than you because they haven't booked yet. Nonetheless, enjoy!

Tapi,

Funny you say that. I always see all these signatures with tickers so far out from the cruise date and thought that was just the norm (Only working on our 3rd cruise ever so not alot of experience). And, we've always booked a year or more ahead, so, needless to say, it felt like last minute to us at 3.5 months!

Pretty sure we will go this route on future cruises too. Makes it alot easier not having to wait so long!

Tapi,

Funny you say that. I always see all these signatures with tickers so far out from the cruise date and thought that was just the norm (Only working on our 3rd cruise ever so not alot of experience). And, we've always booked a year or more ahead, so, needless to say, it felt like last minute to us at 3.5 months!

Pretty sure we will go this route on future cruises too. Makes it alot easier not having to wait so long!

I don't even know my vacation dates a year in advance! We usually book vacations about 3-4 months out, our upcoming cruise we booked about 6 weeks out. I can't imagine having something booked for over a year and just waiting for it to arrive. We even had a short engagement cause I didn't want to wait and plan a wedding for over a year.

Our first one was our 20th anniversary so we knew we wanted to do a cruise and wanted it to be during that date so it was booked about 14 months or so in advance!

Our second we booked almost immediately when we got home from the first because we both agreed the kids would LOVE it and wanted to take them on a cruise so booked for the next year when they would be on spring break from HS. I think it was like 11 months out.

Gee, did that still qualify for stockholders benefit?

Yes.

Just curious how you get the stockholder OBC applied to your booking when you book the morning of the sailing, or even the day before? I am retiring soon and live within driving distance of 5 cruise ports, so I see A LOT of last minute cruises in my future :)

Just curious how you get the stockholder OBC applied to your booking when you book the morning of the sailing, or even the day before? I am retiring soon and live within driving distance of 5 cruise ports, so I see A LOT of last minute cruises in my future :)

I send a pdf copy and a fax of my stock statement while I'm on the line with Carnival.

Congrats! I have the same itinerary booked on the Fascination in November of this year. I felt the same about the ship, but with a port-intensive cruise such as this one, we won't be on board much anyway. So much so, I didn't even book a balcony for this one. Got a porthole interior for a great price.

Anyway, enjoy your cruise!

Edited by bakersdozen12