New itineraries, any interest?

All-ready2cruise

I hope that there is one that does Northern Norway, Svalbard and Iceland; preferably a repo to North America!! :D

Mike

Having done Baltic and also a Norway fjords cruise, Iceland is only second to Australia. That will be a biggie, though.

Hi all!

I'm very interested in the Getaway to the Baltics. I've been looking & looking for a Baltic cruise & soon will be able to book a studio if all goes well.

I loved Getaway from Miami & look forward to sailing it again to interesting ports. Come on Feb 9th!!:D

~ Jo ~ :)

For Latitudes members, are the new itineraries available to book only via phone on the 9th?

According to this: The new itineraries open for sale for Latitudes guests and travel partners on February 9, 2016 and for all bookings on February 10, 2016. For full itinerary details and to book a cruise with Norwegian, contact a travel professional, call Norwegian at 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784), or visit http://www.ncl.com. it doesn't seem to matter.

Have I missed it or is there no mention of where Epic will be? I know she's coming back to the Caribbean fall 2016, but didn't know if she is staying for the summer 2017?

No, you didn't miss anything. AFAIK, nothing has changed with the Epic, however, other than this mention "Three further ships will sail European waters in 2017, including the recently refurbished Norwegian Epic with her popular seven-night Western Mediterranean itinerary, where guests can choose to depart from Barcelona, Civitavecchia (Rome) or Marseille there's nothing else regarding Epic.

We're still waiting for more info. :D

Hi Mike.

We did the 14 day Norway cruise last year (June 2015), from Copenhagen and then only Norwegian ports all the way up to the North Cape and then back down again. Even for a Norwegian "native" (me) it was an amazing cruise. I know that they have one of those 14 days cruises also this year (in June), and it has been so popular that I would be surprised if that itinerary isn't also on the 2017-schedule. There might be only one though, that goes all the way up to the North Cape.

Anita

PS: The repo-cruises from Europe usually takes place in October, and unfortunately I believe that would be a very cold experience both regarding Svalbard and Iceland.

Hi TrumpyNor Anita, we met on Star Northcape last year! Loved it.

I see in paragraph three of the press release, Jade is going to Northcape in 2017. I want to go back that way on a Cosmos coach tour up the middle of Finland to Northcape and down coast of Norway. Looking at that. Have a coach tour in the Alps this June. Will see how that goes.

These new itineraries look exciting. I am looking at the Spirit to Israel from Venice next April. Will wait to book until after I see these new ones and TAs.

Loretta

Hi all!

I'm very interested in the Getaway to the Baltics. I've been looking & looking for a Baltic cruise & soon will be able to book a studio if all goes well.

I loved Getaway from Miami & look forward to sailing it again to interesting ports. Come on Feb 9th!!:D

~ Jo ~ :)

That is one exciting incentive to think Baltics again! I went in 09 on Rotterdam but would love to go back to St Petersburg. So many places!

Oh, I can't wait to see the Jade cruise with Southampton embark for Norwegian fjords itinerary. A bucket list item for me, and another one for DH.

"Norwegian Jade will arrive in Europe looking resplendent after a 2,5-week dry dock and begin her regular cruises from Hamburg on May 14, 2017 with a series of 7-night Western Europe itineraries visiting Amsterdam, Zeebrugge (Brussels/Bruges), Le Havre (Paris) and Southampton (London), offered from May 14 to 28 and from August 19 to September 23, 2017. A longer Western Europe itinerary of 9 nights is offered on September 30 and October 9, 2017 with additional stops in St. Malo and Brest. In addition there will be two 9-night cruises to the Norwegian Fjords on June 4 and 13, 2017 with stops in Ålesund, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Flåm and Bergen as well as Southampton (London), along with two 10-night Norwegian Fjords cruises on July 30 and August 9, 2017 which will also include a visit to the Orkney Islands. On June 22 and July 4, 2017, Norwegian Jade departs Hamburg for two 12-night cruises to the North Cape including numerous highlights along Norway’s West Coast and on July 16, 2017 guests can experience a 14-night cruise visiting Bergen, Ålesund, the Shetland Islands, Akureyri and Reykjavik (overnight) in Iceland, the Orkney Islands as well as Invergordon (Inverness) and Newhaven (Edinburgh) in Scotland."

It sounds like the Norwegian fjord cruises will depart from Hamburg with just a stop in Southampton or only a Southampton embarkation on the first run so you can disembark on the second in Southampton?

"Norwegian Jade will arrive in Europe looking resplendent after a 2,5-week dry dock and begin her regular cruises from Hamburg on May 14, 2017

I guess this means we'll be receiving notification that our 7-day Caribbean cruise end of April 2017 has been cancelled... hopefully before final payment :p

What to do, what to do.... TA maybe? hmmmmm

Hi TrumpyNor Anita, we met on Star Northcape last year! Loved it.

I see in paragraph three of the press release, Jade is going to Northcape in 2017. I want to go back that way on a Cosmos coach tour up the middle of Finland to Northcape and down coast of Norway. Looking at that. Have a coach tour in the Alps this June. Will see how that goes.

These new itineraries look exciting. I am looking at the Spirit to Israel from Venice next April. Will wait to book until after I see these new ones and TAs.

Loretta

Hi Loretta.

Nice to hear from you! Seems like you have a few nice travelling plans ahead of you, all though for me I must admit that coach is boring - I prefer cruising...!

Have fun in the Alps - it is beautiful! (I lived in Switzerland for a couple of years when I was an young adult).

Anita

I guess this means we'll be receiving notification that our 7-day Caribbean cruise end of April 2017 has been cancelled... hopefully before final payment :p

What to do, what to do.... TA maybe? hmmmmm

No cancellations! :)

After the last bookable sailing, the April 23th sailing she will make the crossing, see the breakdown below:

Tampa, Florida (16 Apr d1600);

Cozumel, Mexico (18 Apr 0800-1700);

Costa Maya, Mexico (19 Apr 0800-1700);

Roatan, Honduras (20 Apr 0800-1700);

Harvest Caye, Belize (21 Apr 0700-1300);

Tampa, Florida (23 Apr a0800)

--

Tampa, Florida (23 Apr d1600);

Cozumel, Mexico (25 Apr 0800-1700);

Costa Maya, Mexico (26 Apr 0800-1700);

Roatan, Honduras (27 Apr 0800-1700);

Harvest Caye, Belize (28 Apr 0700-1300);

Tampa, Florida (30 Apr a0800)

--

Transatlantic crossing

--

Hamburg, Germany (14 May)

But what about the refurb "Norwegian Jade will arrive in Europe looking resplendent after a 2,5-week dry dock", it says on NCL Edge that it's to take place Q1 2017. There aren't any holes in her schedule so wouldn't it make sense to do the TA mid April followed by the refurb, then May 14th she's good to go... all shiny and new :D

Dh and I are fine doing another TA, opposite direction to the one we just did on the Star. (and different debarkation port as well)

Does this make any sense?

Ah, didn't realize it Freeport drydock so... we miss out unless they reschedule dry dock to mid Caribbean cruise schedule. My bad.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I bet they'll cancel the last 2 Caribbean cruises, it makes more sense...

darn... oh well, we'll have to figure something out..

I think you're right, I didn't thought about the dry dock.. NCL.eu stated "Norwegian Jade will arrive in Europe looking resplendent after a 2,5-week dry dock and begin her regular cruises from Hamburg on May 14, 2017 .. "

Sorry...

Edited by FreestyleNovice

I think you're right, I didn't thought about the dry dock.. NCL.eu stated "Norwegian Jade will arrive in Europe looking resplendent after a 2,5-week dry dock and begin her regular cruises from Hamburg on May 14, 2017 .. "

Sorry...

No need to apologize, I appreciate all the info you and others have shared.

I think it might still work for us as far as a TA goes though, I mean, surely they wouldn't sail empty to Europe so... they'll likely go back to florida, pick up pax and then trundle off to Europe in good time for the new itin.

Fingers crossed :D :p

Hi Loretta.

Nice to hear from you! Seems like you have a few nice travelling plans ahead of you, all though for me I must admit that coach is boring - I prefer cruising...!

Have fun in the Alps - it is beautiful! (I lived in Switzerland for a couple of years when I was an young adult).

Anita

Felt like a change with the Europe coach tour. Back to the ships soon enough, Anita. NCL has several cruises coming up of interest. Can't wait to see full itineraries. Good thing I have 2 more future cruise rewards certificates!

"Norwegian Jade will arrive in Europe looking resplendent after a 2,5-week dry dock and begin her regular cruises from Hamburg on May 14, 2017 with a series of 7-night Western Europe itineraries visiting Amsterdam, Zeebrugge (Brussels/Bruges), Le Havre (Paris) and Southampton (London), offered from May 14 to 28 and from August 19 to September 23, 2017. A longer Western Europe itinerary of 9 nights is offered on September 30 and October 9, 2017 with additional stops in St. Malo and Brest. In addition there will be two 9-night cruises to the Norwegian Fjords on June 4 and 13, 2017 with stops in Ålesund, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Flåm and Bergen as well as Southampton (London), along with two 10-night Norwegian Fjords cruises on July 30 and August 9, 2017 which will also include a visit to the Orkney Islands. On June 22 and July 4, 2017, Norwegian Jade departs Hamburg for two 12-night cruises to the North Cape including numerous highlights along Norway’s West Coast and on July 16, 2017 guests can experience a 14-night cruise visiting Bergen, Ålesund, the Shetland Islands, Akureyri and Reykjavik (overnight) in Iceland, the Orkney Islands as well as Invergordon (Inverness) and Newhaven (Edinburgh) in Scotland."

Could you please tell me the source of the above quote? I can't find anything on the NCL web site other than their original Jan. 26th press release. We were hoping to do the 14-day cruise in late September, same month as last year and this year.

Many thanks!

Could you please tell me the source of the above quote? I can't find anything on the NCL web site other than their original Jan. 26th press release. We were hoping to do the 14-day cruise in late September, same month as last year and this year.

Many thanks!

Sorry PatJim, I misspoke, not sure if that info is from another, thought it was NCL.eu but ... freestylenovice will have to confirm.

Interesting reading however there's more to come and this is just the beginning.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

Many thanks!

Sorry PatJim, I misspoke, not sure if that info is from another, thought it was NCL.eu but ... freestylenovice will have to confirm.

Interesting reading however there's more to come and this is just the beginning.

The European press release from the same date is actually more detailed in that department:

http://www.ncl.eu/news/