Drink package tipping

beebee

It was my understanding that when you ordered one of the drink packages a tip was included. I think it was 18%. I assumed that was included in the price of the package. However, I just read something about being charged for the tips at the end of the cruise, which would mean that the tips were not included in the cost of the package. I hope I am reading this wrong. I would appreciate anyone who has bought the classic or premium drink package to clarify this for me. Do tips appear anywhere on your "invoice" when you settle your account at the end of the cruise?

Thanks for any responses!

Tips for drinks are included with the Drink Package. If you want to tip for exceptional service (or extra strong drinks) you are free to tip additional - but it is not needed.

Tips for the staff that serves you throughout the cruise is either due at the end of the cruise (if you are eating in the MDR). The are paid in advance if you have Select Dining. These include tips for your room stewards, waiters, maitre'd, butler (if you have one), etc.

Some people have a perk where gratuities are paid by their TA or Celebrity.

Melissa

Tips for the drinks package are included in the package price you paid or the free drinks package if you got it as a perk. Tips for your room attendant, wait staff and other behind the scenes staff are charged to your account on a daily basis unless you have pre paid them

Hmm? I understood and have never did the drink package that the gratuities are added on at the end on the total cost of the package? Pardon me if I'm missing something or miss understood something. But if gratuities are included in the promo package that's great...darn now I need clarification...

So if classic is a certain amount per day then multiply that x amount of days your cruise is and then add 18 percent on that? Help please...

Classic drink package is $55.00 per night plus 18% gratuity. If you choose the drink package as one of your perks on the Go Big, better, best promo, the gratuities are included in the promo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We just came off a Royal Caribbean ship but always sail Celebrity at least once a year.

We purchased their package and an 18 percent tip was added. On the ship we were asked sign a receipt which showed a zero charge. I asked why we had to sign on their ship and not sign on Celebrity. We only signed at bars but not restaurants. What I found out that despite tips already included Americans when handed a receipt will almost always add an additional tip as opposed to Europeans who live with tips included and not use to adding any additional money. This was told to me by the pool bartender.

I watched as almost everyone added a tip despite it already being included twice you when you buy a package or buy a drink without a package. All drinks include an 18% gratuity plus another 18% for buying with the package.

Yes we are tip happy, but it is buyer's choice. I'm not rich by any means, but I usually give an extra $ for two drinks when I have a drink package. If I get a server with an attitude, I'll give them the extra buck and go out of my way not to use them again.

Just wondering do you usually tip 36% at home on drinks at home? 18 % as part of the drink package and 18% which is built into the price of a drink which means that you are tipping somewhere around 45 to 48 percent. Very generous..

Please not I tip this or I tip that thread, the Drinks Package

Offered as an incentive is great upgrade if you want to.

Tip extra if you want to, that's your choice .

For me , I love the fact that once I have a drink, talk to those

wonderful waiters, I usually never have to show my card again

and I must add never usually wait to be served .

👍🏻😜😜😜

We just came off a Royal Caribbean ship but always sail Celebrity at least once a .

I watched as almost everyone added a tip despite it already being included twice you when you buy a package or buy a drink without a package. All drinks include an 18% gratuity plus another 18% for buying with the package.

Gratuity is only charged on the package price, It is not charged again when you order drink.

We only tip beyond the 18% if we feel service was exemplary. Usually when one of the bartenders put on a special show at the martini bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Yes we are tip happy, but it is buyer's choice. I'm not rich by any means, but I usually give an extra $ for two drinks when I have a drink package. If I get a server with an attitude, I'll give them the extra buck and go out of my way not to use them again.

A server gives you attitude, and you tip them an extra $ on top of the 18% ?:confused:

Very generous.

A server gives you attitude, and you tip them an extra $ on top of the 18% ?:confused:

Very generous.

Yes, generous is one word you could use.

Just proves how irrational the whole tipping system is. But heaven forbid you actually say that out loud.

Well we could go into the decision of how much you tip the butler. That would be another couple of weeks. As you can see I'm not a big poster. I come to these threads to gather information and once in a while give what I do. In cruising, as in life, there is a lot of options. Do what makes you happy.