Carry on dilemma

dinooomac

When we board Pride of America next week, we will be traveling with 1 checked bag and two carry ons and two personal bags (on airline), should we check all three bags and just carry our personal bags onto the ship? Does everyone pull their bags everywhere they go until they can get into their rooms... seems like a bit of a downer. Or, will we be able to go on and put our carry ons in the room and then go have some fun???

When we board Pride of America next week, we will be traveling with 1 checked bag and two carry ons and two personal bags (on airline), should we check all three bags and just carry our personal bags onto the ship? Does everyone pull their bags everywhere they go until they can get into their rooms... seems like a bit of a downer. Or, will we be able to go on and put our carry ons in the room and then go have some fun???

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Since the answer is dependent upon how the cruiseline handles it, it's best to take a loo at the NCL board for answers. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

You can post your question there or if you do a search or scan the first couple pages of posts, I suspect you'll find the answer to your question. I always check my larger bag and take my carry-on with me since it contains things I'll either need right away as well as valuables and medications. I haven't sailed on POA, but have sailed on the Jade and IIRC, I was able to drop off my bag in my cabin when I boarded.

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

If you have any valuables such as jewelry, electronics or Rx medications in your carry ons, you should hold onto them. I always keep mine with me because of valuables but also as insurance just in case my suitcase isn't delivered to my cabin. At least I'll have clean 'delicates' and change of jersey etc

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

For the carry on's it is your choice. You can carry them onto the ship or check them in.

If you have any valuables in them I would carry them on. We normally have things like cameras, computers, medications, jewelry in them so we carry them on with us.

Keith

We carry our bag on but we are used to carry on. It is the way we now travel. We very seldom check a bag...only on a few airlines that have a very low weight restriction for carry on. There is no right answer but as others have said, keep any valuables or medications with you.

Edited by iancal