FTTF room/luggage question.

Indytraveler83

This upcoming trip we are getting FTTF for the first time. I know what we get from the package, but for those of you who have gotten it before, I have a few questions:

1) Are the rooms typically ready as soon as you board the ship, even if you are one of the first on? How can you tell if it's ready, and does anyone question when you go through the closed doors?

2) How fast does your luggage typically arrive?

A lot of the reason I got FTTF was for the room and luggage arrival. Last time our luggage didn't arrive until after dinner, which made me quite nervous. I want to get settled in a lot quicker. Just looking for an idea of what to expect. Thanks!

This upcoming trip we are getting FTTF for the first time. I know what we get from the package, but for those of you who have gotten it before, I have a few questions:

1) Are the rooms typically ready as soon as you board the ship, even if you are one of the first on? How can you tell if it's ready, and does anyone question when you go through the closed doors?

A lot of the reason I got FTTF was for the room and luggage arrival. Last time our luggage didn't arrive until after dinner, which made me quite nervous. I want to get settled in a lot quicker. Just looking for an idea of what to expect. Thanks!

In my experiences (I've had FTTF 4-5 times), my cabin has always been ready. There is a sign on the closed doors that welcome Diamond, Platinum and FTTF to go through. As far as luggage, it's kind of hit & miss. Last cruise mine was there by 2 or so but my moms was after 5.

We have always used FTTF and our room is always ready even if the doors are closed. Typically they do not question you, but if they do, just tell them your cabin number and they know it's FTTF.

Our luggage has always been there within the hour after we get on the ship

Happy Sailing!

We too purchase FTTF for the benefit of immediate room access and quick luggage delivery. It's much easier for us when we have our DS with traveling with us to drop off what carry-ons we have and get settled in to enjoy the cruise. It's well worth the $$ to us...until I become platinum anyways.

In answer to your question, it has been our experience that our room is ready immediately upon boarding. Our room stewards have always been pleasant and they already know which rooms are FTTF/Platinum/Diamond so they are prepared to see some folks walking down the hallways early. The two times we've utilized FTTF, our luggage was in our room by no later than 12:30 and we were unpacked, enjoying a cool beverage and lunch on the lido by 1pm.

We get to the port early around 10:30 a.m. and board behind the wedding, diamond/platinum, special assistance folks. Of course, YMMV.

Have fun on your cruise!

I thought the tags were color coded for the decks. :confused:

It should show FTTF on your online boarding pass and in a circle on your luggage tag.

Yes, the Carnival luggage tagged are color coded based on location. The orange sticker is something that the port employees that handle the luggage will place on your bags when you drop them off if you are FTTF/Platinum/Diamond/etc.

I thought the tags were color coded for the decks. :confused:

It should show FTTF on your online boarding pass and in a circle on your luggage tag.

When you arrive at the terminal they check and see if you are priority. Then a bright orange sticker is placed on the edge of the suitcase with Priority and FTTF labeled on it. It's a separate sticker/tag from the one you printed at home.

We know it works as platinum cruisers because we missed getting the sticker on one piece in December and it didn't arrive until after dinner. The rest was in our cabin after we had lunch.

As a rule those crew members assigned to "guard the door" leading to the cabins are told to tell everyone they have access after 1:30pm. All you need to do is show the sticker or your card and push the doors open.

If we weren't platinum I'd spend the $ every time. All it takes is one look at those at lunch lugging around carry on suitcases, bags, sodas, etc to see it's a worthwhile investment.

Edited by BallFour4

I have had FTTF twice, and both times the room was ready when I boarded, right after the plats and diamonds, and that was around 1145 or so. The doors to the hallways are closed, but a sign says that plat, diamond and FTTF may proceed through to their room. Neither time was I challenged by any staff as to which one I was. Room was ready, and my luggage had arrived by about 2pm. Could have arrived early, but I just came back to the room around 2pm, and the bag was there at the door.

We all have our reasons for wanting FTTF, and mine is so I don't have to stand in line for long periods, which for me with leg and back issues can be very painful. I appreciated the shorter line for checkin, actually was no line up at all either time, so check in was quick and "painless" for me.:)

We love FTTF and yes your room is ready right when you get on board! I have never seen anyone "guarding " the doors so although they are closed no one is there to stop you from opening them.

One time on Fascination there was a person at the door directing passengers to the Lido deck. I think perhaps because on that cruise we were on the Riviera Deck and no public areas only cabins.

We simply showed our boarding documents and were allowed to enter.

We love the FTTF because, as others have mentioned you just go to your cabin and unload your stuff. We have had FTTF 5 times, and only one time our cabin wasn't ready. We were told that our luggage would be there by the time we got there, and of course that was a hopeful untruth. But when we went to guest services and stated that the cabin wasn't ready and the luggage (didn't show up until 4:30) we got a refund for our FTTF. She did state they don't guarantee the luggage part, but they do guarantee the cabin being ready.:)

Another perk? On our last cruise, we got to the port at 10:45. We were on board by 11:15. It doesn't get better than that, other than not having to get off the ship at all.:)

We have been Plats for the last six cruises that we have taken. On all six cruises the rooms were ready on all but one. They allowed us to drop our carry-ons off even though they were still cleaning.

Our luggage was not as successful. On two it came after dinner, on one after muster drill, and on one about 3:00. This was a bit disconcerting because our neighbors, who did not have the orange tags, often got theirs before us.

I would only buy FTTF if there was a tendering port. Even as Plats, we only get on the ship about 10-15 minutes before Zone 1, and if you are willing to go to guest services at a slow time, there is not much of a line. Tendering, however, is a huge advantage.

I sail Breeze in Saturday and this is the MAIN reason I purchased FTTF. I feel I cant begin to relax until luggage is put away. Sorry cant help but look forward to your answers.

You will know if the room is completed usually if the door is closed. Yes, the corridor doors will be closed and someone most often stops you. Just tell them your cabin number and say you have fttf. If your room is not ready just set your things down and go have a nice lunch and explore a little. They are working as fast as they can. Luggage has been in my room once we have lunch and a couple of drinks and go to the room. Have fun and hope this helps. Most definitely before we set sail our luggage arrives.

Cabin is always ready when I board. Luggage twice has been prior to 1:30 but on one occasion I didn't get until everyone else had their luggage. Thought maybe the porter didn't put the orange sticker on them since when I gave him the bags he said he was going to have to grab the tags. They arrived with the tags on them so they never were separated.

We just purchased FTTF when it opened up again a couple days ago, but being the crazy overplanner that I am, I already printed and laminated our luggage tags. Now if I go in to print them, they have a little FTTF circle and a big F 2 F on them.

So the porters tag the FTTF bags with an orange sticker to identify them as "faster" bags?? Will that be enough to mark our bags or should I just suck it up and redo all my tags?

Thanks!

We just purchased FTTF when it opened up again a couple days ago, but being the crazy overplanner that I am, I already printed and laminated our luggage tags. Now if I go in to print them, they have a little FTTF circle and a big F 2 F on them.

So the porters tag the FTTF bags with an orange sticker to identify them as "faster" bags?? Will that be enough to mark our bags or should I just suck it up and redo all my tags?

Thanks!

If I were you, I'd reprint the luggage tags after adding FTTF. The orange FTTF tape that the porters put on the bags is in addition to your luggage tags, not in place of them. You should end up having both on your bags.

I had FTTF on my cruise in November on the Splendor. My room was ready first thing. Luggage arrived around 6 while we were at dinner. Non FTTF luggage near me arrived before dinner for the most part. No guarantees of anything. Hopefully you have a better experience. FWIW luggage arrival wasnt a big deal for me, I just wanted a room ready, priority tenders, disembark and Guest Services lane. I got what I wanted.

Just sharing my experience as the luggage thing is important to you.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

Thanks!

Redo the tags. It will possibly decrease your anxiety. I can relate.