An insurance thank you.

So often we hear about how people have been let down or ripped off by insurance companies with their travel insurance claims.

Well our recent experience warrants a big thank you.

Having been medically discharged off the Golden Princess mid cruise and subsequently having to cancel a later cruise on P&O UK we submitted 2 claims.

Claim forms were sent to us which we completed and returned with supporting paperwork and Doctors reports.

The result was a swift and acceptable settlement with the claims being deposited in our bank account.

Who were the insurers? It was the free travel insurance that came with our BNZ Platinum Visa card (on which we paid the overage premium) which was underwritten by CIGNA Insurance.

Our sincere thanks to all concerned.

Very satisfied customers.

Pete and Norma

That's great to hear Pete. Hope you are much better now.

We too had a claim a couple of years ago and it was through our Platinum CC. We had a great experience like you with fast processing and the money was in our bank acc within a week.

Good one pete, another good case study re platinum CC travel insurance. I posted one the other week re excess paid on rental car accident in England.

Edited by NSWP

Good to hear your experience was a good one and thank you for letting us know of the outcome.

We have claimed previously through normal travel insurance companies without any issue but have not claimed through our credit card insurance. We currently generally only travel on our CC insurance but have been fortunate to not claim.

We are planning a Panama Canal cruise in April and I have been contemplating buying a policy as a just in case (particularly being on a cruise) our CC insurance is regularly voted as a one of the best in Australia, so I think I may have faith and save the money and travel purely on a CC insurance.