Family Dining Together MDR

Cavners5

Not sure about Carnival but on many cruise lines to link two separate reservations both of you (or each of your TAs if you booked with one) have to request the two booking numbers be grouped together for dining. You need to get their booking number and give them yours before each making the call else you will not end up sitting together (or will have to request a table change once onboard which may take a day or two).

You should take care of this prior to your cruise.

If you used a TA, s/he has to link your reservations together. If you used different TA's, just get your son's booking confirmation number and tell your TA to contact the cruise line and have your bookings linked and request the same dining time.

If you booked direct with the cruise line, you can do it yourself.

If you all have Anytime dining then just show up at the ATD MDR.

Check your cruise cards to confirm your dining assignment.

They do not have anytime dining:

We booked a Western Caribbean for next year and so did our son and his girlfriend. How do we sit together at dinner for our early seating. We did not book together. Can we call or just go to the MDR when we board?

...but the relevant point is that if they wait until boarding to try to change their table assignments they will most likely be told to just switch to anytime dining (whatever Carnival's term for it is). So the suggestions above to call now should be heeded.

We booked Carnival. I used a TA and he did directly. Can I add them to my cruise manager thru the website?

Since you booked through a TA Carnival will require that the TA make the request.

Whether merging dining times can be done through the cruise personalizer is a question for the experienced Carnival cruisers on their board.

We booked Carnival. I used a TA and he did directly. Can I add them to my cruise manager thru the website?

You can try but the system, hopefully, has a way for both you and him to enter it on your own accounts. Just because you want to dine with him, he has to confirm his approval by entering his confirmation and yours.... probably.

You just need to have Carnival Cross Reference your reservations so that you sit together.

If you booked though a TA they can do this for you or if you booked directly with carnival they can do this for you.

You just need to know their booking number.

Keith

We booked a Western Caribbean for next year and so did our son and his girlfriend. How do we sit together at dinner for our early seating. We did not book together. Can we call or just go to the MDR when we board?

You have gotten good advice so far, but if all else fails go to the maitre'd on embarkation day and explain the situation. If it is at all possible to get you together s/he will get it done.