Homewood Suites, Blue Lagoon

Land of Ice and Snow

Blue Lagoon is a nice area if you are arriving late and just want dinner and a room.

Have not stayed there but we have stayed a couple of times at the Homewood Suites around the corner. Nice large rooms and a great breakfast! :)

I have stayed there and it is a zoo. The dining room is way too small for the hotel and seating precious during peak times. Parking is not convenient unless you are in one of the front spots.

The other Homewood near the airport (the one next to the Hilton Garden) is much smaller and nicer.

We stayed there in October and had a great experience. Arranged a shuttle for our large party of 12 and everything went smoothly. We are in fact scheduled to stay there again in October again. The buffet area is a little packed on port day but it has been that way on all the hotels we have stayed in the day of. Our cars were safe and it's a nice location. Hope it works out for you.

HI there,

Thanks so much for your response. We are Hilton and Marriott members thus we always stay at one of their hotels. We are travelling with our 23 year old daughter for our cruise in celebration of her Masters' Program graduation year. We are so looking forward to it.

:):):)

If you are going to be here for two days, may I suggest something closer to things to do?

Both Coconut Grove and Coral Gables are gorgeous areas and less expensive than downtown or the beach and have amazing dining, shopping, and attractions.

I would check Residence Inn Coral Gables and Courtyard Marriott Coconut Grove.

I've stayed at several Homewood Suites, not this one in particular, but I have never had a bad experience. I would expect the same from this location, it's always provided a pleasant stay especially during my business trips

• 9 months later...
We stayed there in October and had a great experience. Arranged a shuttle for our large party of 12 and everything went smoothly. We are in fact scheduled to stay there again in October again. The buffet area is a little packed on port day but it has been that way on all the hotels we have stayed in the day of. Our cars were safe and it's a nice location. Hope it works out for you.[/quote

Who did you book a shuttle with to get to the port with your party of 12? We are staying at same hotel with roughly same # people.

Thanks!

Blue Lagoon is a nice area if you are arriving late and just want dinner and a room.

We stayed at that Homewood and had a similar experience. Okay hotel, but there is nothing close by. We had a rental car though, and were able to see other parts of Miami.