Help with deck on Regal

tinker 4

Hi

I have not sailed with Princess for several years. We have sailed on Grand, Golden, Star, Caribbean and Ruby many times. We have always had a room on Deck 10 Caribe deck. we love the bigger balcony.

We are thinking of trying Princess again. Can anyone tell me what deck or cabin type I would need to get to have a balcony about the same size as we are used to on the older ships?

Thank you

Hi

I have not sailed with Princess for several years. We have sailed on Grand, Golden, Star, Caribbean and Ruby many times. We have always had a room on Deck 10 Caribe deck. we love the bigger balcony.

We are thinking of trying Princess again. Can anyone tell me what deck or cabin type I would need to get to have a balcony about the same size as we are used to on the older ships?

Thank you

95% of all balcony, deluxe balcony, and mini suites on the Royal and Regal Princess have balconies which are approximately 9'x4'. None of these category cabins have the 9'x9' balconies that you find on the Grand class ships. There are a few cabins in certain areas of the ships that have angled balconies which are a little larger. The Royal and Regal are not designed the same as the Grand Class ships. Check out the deck plans on Princess.com.

Edited by sknight

Hi

Thank you

You probably would not be happy with the small balconies on the Royal or Regal. You could get a suite and the balconies are larger but at a price. I find the balconies and the furniture on MS or regular balcony cabins on those ships down right uncomfortable. Sorry

Hi

Thank you

There are several cabins at the very front of the ship that have larger balconies - the 101 to 104 series on Marina and Lido. These are great for the caribbean.

Look mid ship directly over the Promenade deck on all decks port and starboard. The largest balcony drawings here will give you the size you're looking for. You will also find them forward facing as well as forward port and starboard. You can also find them aft facing among the suites.

You probably would not be happy with the small balconies on the Royal or Regal. You could get a suite and the balconies are larger but at a price. I find the balconies and the furniture on MS or regular balcony cabins on those ships down right uncomfortable. Sorry

Even the Penthouse suite balconies are small. They are only as deep as the regular balconies and are twice as wide. Bigger but too small still.

We love Regal but the only cabins we will book are the aft owners suites. Even then, you must be careful as the balconies on the owners suites are not the same size.

On the Royal the balcony was so small I couldn't turn sideways (face the ocean) when seated, I'm 6' 2", thin build. When wife tried to join me it was even worse. I had pretty much sworn off this class of ships, but recently was swayed when one of the large front facing balconies came up on a spring break cruise.