Can our family members board with us (we're Platinum)?

jordanaire

Only the people in your cabin can board Platinum. If your family members are not platinum they will have to go through the regular check in line.

On a past cruise, myself and my cabinmate were both platinum and my 82 year old father was in a cabin by himself. He was not permitted to board with me so I also boarded through the regular line so he would not be by himself.

They don't keep the cards in the same place, so they won't board non platinum in same place. I always get FTTF for whoever is traveling with me so they can board early too.

They will let you bring more people with you for tendering though and also for disseminating. But getting on with you, no.

They don't keep the cards in the same place, so they won't board non platinum in same place.

Actually, I'm not sure the cards in the priority line is a problem. In January we were in the regular line, but at the time we reached the front of the line there was no one in the adjacent priority line so they sent us to an agent over there. When the time came to get our cards the agent looked in the box at the priority desk, and our cards where in there.

"Wait a minute, how did they know we'd end up at the priority desk to put our cards there?" I asked my wife. She said she thought the cards must all be somewhere behind the long desk and when we started our check-in with the agent someone moves them to the appropriate box for that agent. By the time the check in in done, the cards are are there.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

OK, here is the deal. My husband and I ALWAYS cruise together, but when our documents came, hubby is platinum and I am gold. Will I have any trouble with the difference? I guess we will try to get it fixed when we get on board.

OK, here is the deal. My husband and I ALWAYS cruise together, but when our documents came, hubby is platinum and I am gold. Will I have any trouble with the difference? I guess we will try to get it fixed when we get on board.

If it were me I would get this taken care of before the cruise. Since you stated when "our documents came" you must have booked thru a travel agent. Perhaps you can have your TA take care of this or call Carnival yourself. I know Carnival won't talk to you regarding a booking but hopefully they will regarding your status.

Your gold status really wont matter that much. You are in the stateroom with your husband, will be allowed to board with him, Carnival seems to make an exception to allow guests to attend the past guest party (even thought it is against their own rules). About the only thing you would miss out on would be the complimentary cocktail on the last night.

If it were me I would get this taken care of before the cruise. Since you stated when "our documents came" you must have booked thru a travel agent. Perhaps you can have your TA take care of this or call Carnival yourself. I know Carnival won't talk to you regarding a booking but hopefully they will regarding your status.

Your gold status really wont matter that much. You are in the stateroom with your husband, will be allowed to board with him, Carnival seems to make an exception to allow guests to attend the past guest party (even thought it is against their own rules). About the only thing you would miss out on would be the complimentary cocktail on the last night.

On our recent B2B at the Platinum/Diamond party, they were checking that everyone had an invite to the party.

Get it taken care of before you sail so you have the correct card if you are Platinum. If you're considered Gold, you will not only lose the "free drink" coupon to be used in MDR at b'fast or brunch, but you will not get the Platinum gift which is currently a very nice duffle bag.

Edited by Sparky2

Last summer we had 2 cabins booked. I am Platinum so of course my wife and I were able to do priority. Our kids are not Platinum but they were able to board with us. That being said, we were told that it was because they were under a certain age. If they were above that age they could not board with us. I'm trying to remember what that cutoff was and if it was both or just one of them. in fact, that's what I'm searching for on here right now :)

We are sailing with family members who are going on their very first cruise. Will they be able to board with us, as we are Platinum members? Or will we need to board with everyone else?

It depends on how everyone is booked:

Everyone booked in the same cabin as a platinum/diamond can board with the platinum/diamond. An exception is minor children in a different cabin with a reservation linked to the platinum/diamond.

Platinum/diamond always have the option to board later with the regular embarkation group but will likely have to get their sail and sign cards at the platinum/diamond check in since they are pre-printed.

So it's not just a question of when you can board, but where one must go to find their pre-printed sail and sign card.

Remember Carnival sells Faster to the Fun for $50@ per cabin and that benefit includes priority embarkation, so priority embarkation isn't likely to be given away for free regardless of other situations.

And don't forget that Carnival is rolling out pre-assigned embarkation times fleet-wide, so be sure your port/ship are not yet part of that.

Have a great cruise introducing your family members to the cruise experience!

Edited by winddawn

They have changed this and now check invitations. They are not letting in anyone who is not platinum and above. The party is a lot nicer now.

And don't forget that Carnival is rolling out pre-assigned embarkation times fleet-wide, so be sure your port/ship are not yet part of that.

Excellent advise from this post. Excuse me for shortening it, but if you are platinum or diamond you can board at your leisure regardless of what boarding time you selected.

We've cruised twice from Galveston since the new policy went in and their system defaults to everyone regardless of status needing to select a time from the drop down on the check in menus.

Actually, I'm not sure the cards in the priority line is a problem. In January we were in the regular line, but at the time we reached the front of the line there was no one in the adjacent priority line so they sent us to an agent over there. When the time came to get our cards the agent looked in the box at the priority desk, and our cards where in there.

"Wait a minute, how did they know we'd end up at the priority desk to put our cards there?" I asked my wife. She said she thought the cards must all be somewhere behind the long desk and when we started our check-in with the agent someone moves them to the appropriate box for that agent. By the time the check in in done, the cards are are there.

Yeah, my bad. It totally depends if the port has an entirely different place for Plat/Di to check in. I'm usually out of Galveston, which does, and that's the issue there. But I hear they're pretty strict on it everywhere anyway.

Excellent advise from this post. Excuse me for shortening it, but if you are platinum or diamond you can board at your leisure regardless of what boarding time you selected.

We've cruised twice from Galveston since the new policy went in and their system defaults to everyone regardless of status needing to select a time from the drop down on the check in menus.

I think you still pick a time to make the computer happy even though boarding as a platinum. Pick a later time so someone else can claim an early spot.

They have changed this and now check invitations. They are not letting in anyone who is not platinum and above. The party is a lot nicer now.

I know the rule is Platinum only however on my last cruise, December 2015 on the Freedom, I saw several spouses of Platinum that were at the party. Hence my comment that OP and spouse would still be able to attend the party even though it was against Carnivals rules

Edited by springs741

They weren't checking on the Pride either. The cruise director even made a comment at the party that there was a discrepancy in the number of diamonds and platinums on board and the number who were actually there.

I guess it depends on the ship.

But back to the OP's question, those who are in your cabin with you may board with you, otherwise general boarding unless they have FTTF.

Edited by funinthesun1964

Last summer we had 2 cabins booked. I am Platinum so of course my wife and I were able to do priority. Our kids are not Platinum but they were able to board with us. That being said, we were told that it was because they were under a certain age. If they were above that age they could not board with us. I'm trying to remember what that cutoff was and if it was both or just one of them. in fact, that's what I'm searching for on here right now :)

From what I have read here they closed this loophole... if you have underage kids in a separate room, you will have to go with them in the regular line.