Cote De Boeuf Pour Deux at Le Bistro?

kayleighbayleigh

Has anyone ordered this? I've not seen anyone mention it and was wondering if it's prepared well. I've ordered cuts like this at steakhouses on land and wanted to know how it compared. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

It has been a couple years, but yes I had it and shared it with DS. The waitress, Romana from Romania (who we also saw several days as a washy washy girl), said to allow some extra time for it to cook. It came out and looks pretty big and they cut it up for you. While it is big, DS and I could have eaten more. It was good in our opinion.

It has been a couple years, but yes I had it and shared it with DS. The waitress, Romana from Romania (who we also saw several days as a washy washy girl), said to allow some extra time for it to cook. It came out and looks pretty big and they cut it up for you. While it is big, DS and I could have eaten more. It was good in our opinion.

Great to hear! Thanks!

Oh wow, that good huh? I have two Cagney's reservations...perhaps I should change that to two Le Bistro reservations!

I am probably in the minority when I say that Cagney's is completely overrated, but I'm not in the minority when I say Le Bistro is excellent. There's lots of variety in Le Bistro. You can have the steak, the lobster, puff pastry with seafood, rack of lamb, etc. and they're all good.

I liked the fillet from Cagney's, but not the other cuts. Keep in mind the fillet is the smallest and you can't get more than one entree without incurring a surcharge.

Has anyone ordered this? I've not seen anyone mention it and was wondering if it's prepared well. I've ordered cuts like this at steakhouses on land and wanted to know how it compared. Thanks!

It's very good. My wife and I have ordered it a number of times. I would agree that it can be better than Cagney's but some of that is atmosphere, Le Bistro always feels like a more upscale place than the other speciality restaurants.

I think it's definitely worth the upcharge, which depending on your package may not be an issue.

I am probably in the minority when I say that Cagney's is completely overrated, but I'm not in the minority when I say Le Bistro is excellent. There's lots of variety in Le Bistro. You can have the steak, the lobster, puff pastry with seafood, rack of lamb, etc. and they're all good.

I liked the fillet from Cagney's, but not the other cuts. Keep in mind the fillet is the smallest and you can't get more than one entree without incurring a surcharge.

Can you order different sides at Le Bistro? For instance, could we order the steak for two with mashed potatoes in addition to the sides it comes with?

Can you order different sides at Le Bistro? For instance, could we order the steak for two with mashed potatoes in addition to the sides it comes with?
I don't see anything served with mashed potatoes on the (non à la carte) Le Bistro menu. They have other kinds of potatoes. Ask them what they have, I think they are happy to bring extra sides.

It's very good. My wife and I have ordered it a number of times. I would agree that it can be better than Cagney's but some of that is atmosphere, Le Bistro always feels like a more upscale place than the other speciality restaurants.

I think it's definitely worth the upcharge, which depending on your package may not be an issue.

Yes, it's always been a elegant place to dine, but I have to say that on our 1-23rd cruise, I did not care for it at all. It has always been a small venue, but it seemed very tiny on the Escape. And the service was absolutely abysmal. Maybe they had a bad night, but another review currently on the board for either our week or the week before mentioned the same thing. So bad he spoke to some one about it. Let's hope they get it straightened out. On the other hand, Cagney's food was excellent and the service very friendly and attentive. We went twice.

Yes, it's always been a elegant place to dine, but I have to say that on our 1-23rd cruise, I did not care for it at all. It has always been a small venue, but it seemed very tiny on the Escape. And the service was absolutely abysmal. Maybe they had a bad night, but another review currently on the board for either our week or the week before mentioned the same thing. So bad he spoke to some one about it. Let's hope they get it straightened out. On the other hand, Cagney's food was excellent and the service very friendly and attentive. We went twice.

Well I'll give it a shot, as that steak looks to die for, but Cagney's definitely sounds like a great choice as well!

Sorry I didn't notice you were going to be on the Escape. You have probably already seen the à la carte menu, but just in case: click here. (Still no mashed potatoes, though!)

So your question about the side items, with à la carte I'm not sure if they will be stingy with extra requests like this. But some of the new sides sound very good so I hope you'll ask for some and report back!

Sorry I didn't notice you were going to be on the Escape. You have probably already seen the à la carte menu, but just in case: click here. (Still no mashed potatoes, though!)

So your question about the side items, with à la carte I'm not sure if they will be stingy with extra requests like this. But some of the new sides sound very good so I hope you'll ask for some and report back!

I will! The twice baked potato cakes and chateau potatoes sound delicious. A steaks just not complete without potatoes!

You are not alone at all!

Even the filet... small and tough at Cagney's, delicious at Le Bistro.

I don't know about the newer menus, but Le Bistro was phenomenal (and we can be pretty critical when warranted).

One sleeper was the Coq au Vin.

I had that the last night of the most recent NCL cruise (last year), and am very sorry I didn't discover it sooner.

The sauce was amazing and the chicken was moist and tender.

The only disappointment at Le Bistro was the lobster: a few chunks of tough <something> in a very heavy sauce.

The ambiance may vary a lot by ship, however.

On the Dawn, it was an interior room that seemed cramped and dark.

On the Pearl, spacious and with a lot of windows.

Another one for Cagney's being overrated. I've eaten there on 3 different ships, and always walked away disappointed. Have eaten at Le Bistro on 3 different ships and been impressed every time. On the Getaway 2 weeks ago, we had 2 reservations for Cagney's (against my recommendation) and 1 at Le Bistro. After having dinner at each, my cruising companions asked if we could change our 2nd Cagney's reservation to Le Bistro. Even our concierge could only get us in at 9:30pm on the last night - they were that booked. :eek: Still worth it. :D

Another one for Cagney's being overrated. I've eaten there on 3 different ships, and always walked away disappointed. Have eaten at Le Bistro on 3 different ships and been impressed every time. On the Getaway 2 weeks ago, we had 2 reservations for Cagney's (against my recommendation) and 1 at Le Bistro. After having dinner at each, my cruising companions asked if we could change our 2nd Cagney's reservation to Le Bistro. Even our concierge could only get us in at 9:30pm on the last night - they were that booked. :eek: Still worth it. :D

What did you find disappointing? I'm thinking about changing my second Cagney's res to another Le Bistro or Bayamo now!

My wife and I ordered it in 2014 on the Jewel and it did nothing for us. Neither of us care for fat on our steak. If you like fat you will love it. If you don't, I advise you pass on it. The steak for one in Le Bistro is great and much leaner.

What did you find disappointing? I'm thinking about changing my second Cagney's res to another Le Bistro or Bayamo now!

First time was in 2014 on Breakaway. I had it booked on the first night and last night. Service was slow, and the food was bland. Steaks weren't very good. Servings were ridiculously small, but we made up for it by ordering a lot of different sides. Canceled it for the last night and booked Ocean Blue instead.

I gave it another try on the Gem last year. Slightly better flavor, but it was just such a blah experience. 3 small shrimps in a martini glass? Wow. This is what you're paying extra for? Wife didn't like her ribeye, but I did like my fillet, tiny as it was.

Don't get me wrong. I don't love everything on the menu in Le Bistro. The little set of four savory "ice cream cones" didn't thrill me. The chocolate napoleon was too rich for me. However, the other items I've tried were outstanding including the steak. Seriously. The best steak on NCL is not in Cagney's.

BTW, there's supposed to be a highfalutin surf and turn option in the MDR for an upcharge. I don't know how if that's any good.

First time was in 2014 on Breakaway. I had it booked on the first night and last night. Service was slow, and the food was bland. Steaks weren't very good. Servings were ridiculously small, but we made up for it by ordering a lot of different sides. Canceled it for the last night and booked Ocean Blue instead.

I gave it another try on the Gem last year. Slightly better flavor, but it was just such a blah experience. 3 small shrimps in a martini glass? Wow. This is what you're paying extra for? Wife didn't like her ribeye, but I did like my fillet, tiny as it was.

Don't get me wrong. I don't love everything on the menu in Le Bistro. The little set of four savory "ice cream cones" didn't thrill me. The chocolate napoleon was too rich for me. However, the other items I've tried were outstanding including the steak. Seriously. The best steak on NCL is not in Cagney's.

BTW, there's supposed to be a highfalutin surf and turn option in the MDR for an upcharge. I don't know how if that's any good.

Aww man, I really wanted to like Cagney's. The menu looks delicious :(

Can not order it with Platinium anymore😩😩😩😩

Yep.

We were going to order that, and looked it up myself.

From the Latitudes Platinum Le Bistro Benefit page:

** Benefit entitles guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of their choice. Entrée item in Le Bistro excludes Homard Roti Au Beurre (lobster tail) and Cote De Boeuf Pour Deux (Angus beef ribeye steak for two). Entrée item in our Italian restaurant excludes Lobster Fra Diavolo (Maine lobster) and Bistecca Fiorentina (T-bone steak). Restrictions apply.

:(

gary