LIVE from The Anthem of the Seas - February 6, 2016

bedazzler

Just saw more sensationalist reporting from the Weather Channel, with lots of "terrified" and "cruise from hell", et cetera. Funny, but on Monday morning after the storm, from that point until Wednesday night I saw nothing on board but happy smiling people. No one was cowering in a corner in tears, no one was petrified or screaming, "Get me off this ship!!" Funny how the news media always goes out of its' way to make the most of a bad situation. My wife and I have been going out of our way in the opposite direction in spite, telling people who ask us that it was "funny" to try to walk around the cabin during the storm. As we passed all the news media maggots on the pier last night, my wife yelled out, "It wasn't that bad!" as we weaved our way through the carrion-pickers to get to the garage quickly.

obviously i can't say how -ehem- "fair and balanced" the news is since i wasn't on the ship. (I know, dont let that stop you). But i imagine some people felt more nervous than others. people have different levels of anxiety. But regardless of all that, you guys sound like the sort of folks we'd hang with :) thanks for the post.

Hello:

I took a look at the inappropriate display issue as described by you and those that emailed us, and it appears it was isolated to those using the TAPATALK app to view the forums.

If anyone was using the actual Cruise Critic version of the app (it clearly states Cruise Critic and it has our colors), please let us know at help@cruisecritic.com.

Laura

No...that is not correct that the inappropriate post was limited to TAPATALK. I don't have that...not even sure what it is to be quite honest...I access CC from my laptop using the CC website..and was able to view the image.

Although I'm sure it was very fright in for all aboard. The way people portray it, like the Capt. Purposely put over 6000 souls at risk. The fact that only four minor injuries were reported, is a testament to the Capt. And ships officers ability to keep the passengers as safe as possible.

This was a freak situation, and the Capt. saved lives by using his skills as a seasoned veteran at the helm. But, I've said this on other threads

1) Capt. Will be fired. (PR MOVE)

2) ship will have to go into dry dock for hull inspection. (Knee jerk reaction)

3) next 2 cruises will be canceled.("Sorry folks, Wally World is closed. The moose out front should of told ya")

Wrong.

All your posts are negative

No friends on CC

No mention of your past cruises

Semms you are more like a forum troll

No response needed, it is above your pay grade

If you had to rate Anthem for embarkation/debarkation out of 5, dining, service, entertainment how would you rate this ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

IMHO, if it's anything like the Quantum, I would rate it as 4.8.

If Anthem is better for cold climates and more indoor venues how is the outdoor venues, can the Solarium open up when it's warm?

I'm not sure about the solarium, but the indoor pool does have a glass roof that is able to retract.

If you had to rate Anthem for embarkation/debarkation out of 5, dining, service, entertainment how would you rate this ship?

I would give it a solid 4.8 as others have said. Embarkation was a little chaotic in that it seemed really disorganized but really we were on the ship within 10 minutes (and that includes the stop for pics like this one):

239440290a43243876e01bd8097ca6c4.jpg

Debarkation was equally as quick, though our review might be skewed since the agents weren't even looking at passports, they were only collecting customs forms. I didn't have a single bad meal; my only real gripe was that our Wonderland meal took nearly 3 hours. But even then, it was completely worth it. Entertainment was great too, and we didn't even get to do most of the things Anthem is famous for, like Spectra's, The Gift or NorthStar.

Service was REALLY fantastic, and I'm not exaggerating. We were able to eat at Silk without reservations because the host heard that we really wanted to eat there - and then our server brought out the dessert we thought about ordering but decided against anyway. The crew had so much extra work cleaning up after the storm and none of their usual quality was diminished.

How's Dynamic Dining and making reservations for dining/entertainment?

I loved the concept of planning your own vacation the way you want it, rather than early seating/late seating and coordinating shows. My only gripe is that a few of our show reservations were cancelled (turns out that didn't really matter in the long run [emoji41]) less than a week before sailing and all of the other reservations had filled up by that time. But even then, as soon as we got on board we were able to reserve seating at the shows that were "full" online.

We were on the Quantum, also and agree on at least 4.8. Dynamic Dining was good. Liked the different restaurants but also like having the same wait staff each night. That's a toss up for me. But easy making reservations.

My understanding is that the intro of DD classis will accomplish what you miss. Rotate to the 4 complementary restaurants with the same wait staff and fellow diners. It did not bother me as we always dine with a table for 2 as we have had bad experiences with large tables. Can't wait for our Anthem 9 nite cruise in late August to NE & Canada.

If Anthem is better for cold climates and more indoor venues how is the outdoor venues, can the Solarium open up when it's warm?

Unlike the Radiance class, the Quantum class has permanent structure with no sliding roof to open up. On the Oasis class they have permanent structure but with many opening in the roof that does little to protect you from rain and winds.

Bedazzler.

Thank you for sharing your story, for your upbeat attitude...and for even offering a legitimate attempt at a review of your completely-trashed-cruise.

Your outlook is inspiring. Having never met you, I wish you nothing but the best in life.

Cheers, and thank you for everything you've posted here.