LIVE from The Anthem of the Seas - February 6, 2016

bedazzler

First of all - thanks for your live posts through this cruise! Can't imagine what you went through!

Secondly - Omigosh!! Poor Gigi! Amazing that she wasn't decapitated!!

Finally - I'm being selfish (and clearly you have more important things to do), but any photos from Wonderland would be great! Sorry you missed Prime Table - I've really been looking for photos from there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. I just set my dvr!!

Our decision to go on GMA is possibly a little bit based on the fact that they are providing transportation from the port to the hotel and studio to JFK for our flights tomorrow (which saves us a decent chunk of money). We also have purely positive things to say about how it was handled so maybe we can shine a light on RCI and how this situation played out.

I just set my DVR too.

I just can't get over how positive you are! And I am guessing your boyfriend is also just as positive!

I do have one question but I am not sure you would even be able to answer it since you 2 went on the cruise alone. When they did have everyone go to their room for the night, could you go to another cabin and stay with family or were they doing a bed count of sorts?

Stay Positive, have a safe trip home!

Anyone who is actually onboard, did they do a "Captains' Corner" yesterday or today? They're always good for a few laughs for some of the most ridiculous questions. I know we were on Freedom in Oct 2011 the cruise after the storm and there were lots of questions the entire trip which the Captain explained. Also on our GR cruise in March 2014, where we had 30 foot waves and high winds (also some damage to the running deck-it split at a weld seam) we had complete and open dialogue with the Captain both right after it happened and during the Captain's Corner. Our experience is that the Captains' are very open and honest about weather and decisions made during sailings. I appreciate all the posts made by those who are actually onboard.

Those of us who have been on CC for a while know that a lot of the rumors and speculation by those who either aren't onboard and/or guessing turn out to be wrong after the fact.

I was on the Anthem right before this.

B2B. So I was on the cruise that was extended by a day because of "Jonas" and on the cruise that lost a day because of "Jonas".

Many of the passengers who boarded on January 26 (instead of January 25) were NOT happy.

Not only did they lose a day of their cruise, but the itinerary was completely altered.

Forward to the Captain's Corner on the final sea day.

NOT A SINGLE QUESTION ABOUT THE CHANGED PORTS.

NOT ONE HOSTILE QUESTION.

You could have knocked me over with a feather! :eek: ;)

Bedazzler, I'll be watching you tomorrow morning!!!! I spend just about every weekday morning with George,Robyn and Lara. I just want to personally thank you, Karina and newbie1cruiser for all the unbiased and most often, upbeat and positive information. Have a safe trip back to Phoenix!!!!

Now that I think of it, no one has mentioned B2B - what happens to anyone who is on the current sailing 2/6 and the 2/13 sailing?:confused:

I have been wondering about that as well. I think I've only read about one poster for whom the 2/13 sailing will be week 3 of 4 sailings she is doing b2b, and she said Royal is putting them up at a hotel.

Thank you for your very positive review of your rather dramatic cruise!

I hope your next cruise is full of less dramatic moments!

Weather can affect anything, cruises are not alone in this. In August 2010, my cruise from Miami was affected by Hurricane Earl - our itinerary changed from St Thomas & St Maarten to Cozumel & Roatan!

Yes we grumbled quite a bit but we still enjoyed the cruise. Being from the UK, we were like where the heck is Roatan!!!

Latest update (5:30am EST):

Something more important broke out in Oregon so we will not be on GMA. The nice folks at ABC are still dropping us off at JFK.

That's sad. I just saw the opening on Morning Express on HLN and the first headline was disgrundled people interviewed. Some crying, some saying the captain stopped communicating because he went to bed:eek:

I have no concept of what you guys went through, but to show so much anger getting off surprised me. I guess I thought some of the emotions would have calmed in the past 2-3 days.

That's sad. I just saw the opening on Morning Express on HLN and the first headline was disgrundled people interviewed. Some crying, some saying the captain stopped communicating because he went to bed:eek:

I have no concept of what you guys went through, but to show so much anger getting off surprised me. I guess I thought some of the emotions would have calmed in the past 2-3 days.

It did not surprise me at all. As a matter of fact, I expected it. I am sure the whole experience for all of these people was not pleasant at all.....but put a bunch of camera's there and there will always be people that exaggerate and even down right lie. One woman said she had NO IDEA what was going on and NO ONE was informed. Right, lady.

Something more important broke out in Oregon so we will not be on GMA. The nice folks at ABC are still dropping us off at JFK.

Have a safe flight home. Thanks for posting your reviews and updates. Your positive attitude is perfect to wither any storm!:) I hope all debbie downers, whiners, complainers and captian-cursers learn something form you.

Was looking forward to seeing it. Someone was just on Fox, all positive. Glad they are still taking care of you. Safe trip home! Were there very many for a b2b? Will they stay on the ship?

Now that I think of it, no one has mentioned B2B - what happens to anyone who is on the current sailing 2/6 and the 2/13 sailing?:confused:

My guess is they have to leave the ship until Saturday. Maybe Royal will put them up in a hotel.

Having been through it ourselves, it is clear that some interviewed were WAY into the hyperbole.

Yes, there were scary moments. But nothing I would call terrifying. I did not think for a minute we were sinking or capsizing. It was just more of a major PITA being stuck in cabin for long hours, with stuff flying everywhere, relying on the minibar for sustenance (until they came around with some grapes and Pringles). I have gotten seasick long ago, but think I have gotten past it over the years. Because feeling queasy in that storm would have sucked, and there were definitely some rug stains the next day in the common areas (quickly dealt with).

Yeah, the whole experience was a bummer, but I'd certainly sail again, and I'd certainly sail with RCL again. That was our 1st RCL cruise...rough intro, and HAL will clearly remain our favorite for now...

Edited by Kite99

I read a post on one of these Anthem threads by a B2Ber who stated that RCL was putting them up in a hotel in Manhattan for 2 nights.