LIVE from The Anthem of the Seas - February 6, 2016

bedazzler

Did you find the puzzle room? It's supposed to be in the Seaplex

Found the puzzle room! Can't figure out how to use the puzzle room... Currently in line at Guest Services to hopefully sign up for an All-Access Tour, get a WOWband and to figure out how that puzzle room works.

Found the puzzle room! Can't figure out how to use the puzzle room... Currently in line at Guest Services to hopefully sign up for an All-Access Tour, get a WOWband and to figure out how that puzzle room works.

There may be a clipboard to sign up for the puzzle room in the seaplex if nobody is there. Heard that one before.

Edited by denatravels

It was $80 from JFK to our hotel, which is definitely pricey but cheaper than a taxi. Our driver was a bit aggressive in driving style (perhaps you have to be in a city like NYC) but everything went ok and he was kind enough to get our bags in and out of his car for us. We also took an UBER back to our hotel from dinner tonight (only $7) and that experience was GREAT. I've UBER-Ed in Seattle and Philly as well and I always have a good experience. Can't recommend UBER enough.

Thank you so much for your response!!! I feel more at ease now. Looking forward to seeing more of your review!

But how did it all TASTE?

Delicious!!!!

Looks really good! How was the food? service?

Dinner went great! We are doing dynamic dining and we walked right to our table for our 7:00 reservation. Food was just what I expected from RCI - delicious. Service was reasonable, we were done with 3 courses in an hour.

Looks like you did a lot in NYC yesterday!! You ended up on a very weird weather day-- it's rare that we get even a little morning snow and the streets don't end up being a slushy mess! Hooray for yesterday's sunshine!

As far as the transportation goes, uber is great in New York. In NJ, they aren't licensed in the same way, so not recommended. Also, NEVER take a taxicab across state lines-- you have to pay both ways. If uber doesn't work for you, check a car service. Dial 7 or Carmel are both good. I'm leaving Saturday and live in NYC, I'm taking Supershuttle to the airport and then the cruiseline transport (since I'm going solo, ends up being a lot cheaper that way and still door to door service).

This is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this very helpful info! :)

Thank you so much for the daily blog and photos of your cruise this week- we are sailing on her next week and we're so looking forward to it :)

Can you give me an idea of the dress "code" especially in the evenings? I understand that one dining room option is "formal" each night of the sailing. Are people wearing jeans or are they dressed up more than that, would you say for the other venues?

Thank you!

Hey everyone! Just a quick update now that I've finally got some wifi.

Anthem is maintaining position facing into a pretty big storm off the coast of the Carolinas. They have all of us inside our staterooms for the time being. Captain Klaus and Abe (our cruise director) have been providing periodic updates.

On my end, we're ok. Our room is a bit shaken up (things have fallen on the floor so much that we've stopped bothering to pick them back up again) but thankfully neither of us is prone to seasickness.

Hope everyone else on the ship is alright!! I'll let you all know more as soon as I know.

Also on Anthem - I am ex Navy - this storm is no joke Captain is earning his keep. Winds of 100mph and 30ft seas. Ship is doing pretty well but we are listing from strong side winds. Ship is headed back north they say they expect this to last 3 to 4 hours. There is some damage you can see in web cams mostly things not tied down and water coming in. I am ***** deck 11 and a few times my balcony has had several inches of water. The captain and crew are doing there best. I do not think anyone anticipated weather like we are getting now

Hi Lindsay,

Gosh, I hope the weather improves the further south you get!

I am wondering what the individual costs of Wonderland, Chops Grille, Jamie's Italian and Izumie's are? Also, could you tell me how much the 3 & 4 dinner packages are?

Thanks and be safe.

So far the same story. We aren't making any progress; just staying in one spot turning when the wind pushes us out of alignment. It's relatively calm other than that however.

No word yet as to changes to the itinerary. We have a shore excursion planned to Disney World for tomorrow so I'm hoping we can make it, though I wouldn't be surprised if we don't. Free movies and minibar in the meantime...not really enough for dinner though. Ultimately it's probably ok that we skipped dinner after eating 4 desserts last night :P

Here's a fun pic of me standing upright during this madness:

331c3b2697955c81f460fb227879c061.jpg

So far the same story. We aren't making any progress; just staying in one spot turning when the wind pushes us out of alignment. It's relatively calm other than that however.

No word yet as to changes to the itinerary. We have a shore excursion planned to Disney World for tomorrow so I'm hoping we can make it, though I wouldn't be surprised if we don't. Free movies and minibar in the meantime...not really enough for dinner though. Ultimately it's probably ok that we skipped dinner after eating 4 desserts last night :P

Glad to hear from you and to see you having a little fun. I hope you get to go to Disney tomorrow!

Yep that minibar is pretty lean on food - could get drunk though. We ate the snickers, M&M and mini Pringles - gourmet dining at its best.

The captain just said we had experienced 150mph winds - that's a lot of wind. I pulled up a weather map that shows the wind speeds we are stuck in this purple pocket of 95mph + winds. We are not far from calmer waters just not safe for captain to move us there. Tomorrow I hope is a new and better day.

Following along-good to know you guys are safe and not prone to sea sickness. Virtual cruiser here as our first isn't going to be until 2017-shooting for big family Cruise over Christmas or New Years. Trying to settle on route and ship (definitely Caribbean) and cruiseline.

Love the pictures!!

Also on Anthem - I am ex Navy - this storm is no joke Captain is earning his keep. Winds of 100mph and 30ft seas. Ship is doing pretty well but we are listing from strong side winds. Ship is headed back north they say they expect this to last 3 to 4 hours. There is some damage you can see in web cams mostly things not tied down and water coming in. I am ***** deck 11 and a few times my balcony has had several inches of water. The captain and crew are doing there best. I do not think anyone anticipated weather like we are getting now

thanks Navy. All the best to you and yours, and everyone on board.