LIVE from The Anthem of the Seas - February 6, 2016

bedazzler

Have a great time - Current compasses would be most welcome

I would appreciate seeing as well. I think many of the previous reports were additional days. Although I will be going on a different itinerary, I'm interested in looking at changes in the shows for a 7 day.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the northeast! I have family that lives in Phoenix, Ahwatukee to be exact, and I just love it out there!

Excited to follow along, I haven't really read a great review with a good amount of pictures for Anthem yet! When you get onboard, I would love to hear all about the internet packages.

Enjoy NYC today :D

Going on the Anthem March 19th so I'm looking forward to your live review. Glad you got to see the snowfall this morning! It was pretty but it's gone already, that's the best kind! BTW I played the trombone in band and so did my daughter. I hope you and your boyfriend have a great time on your cruise!

Edited by kahliasmom

Landed and in the UBER en route to our hotel! We're staying at the Doubletree Times Square for this stint. I was expecting it to be much more cold, but conveniently it isn't too bad!

Awesome!!! We're staying there as well this fall. Hope you have a great experience! I thought about using UBER but I'm nervous...Would love to hear about your experience using UBER in NYC.

Awesome!!! We're staying there as well this fall. Hope you have a great experience! I thought about using UBER but I'm nervous...Would love to hear about your experience using UBER in NYC.

It was $80 from JFK to our hotel, which is definitely pricey but cheaper than a taxi. Our driver was a bit aggressive in driving style (perhaps you have to be in a city like NYC) but everything went ok and he was kind enough to get our bags in and out of his car for us. We also took an UBER back to our hotel from dinner tonight (only $7) and that experience was GREAT. I've UBER-Ed in Seattle and Philly as well and I always have a good experience. Can't recommend UBER enough.

Some highlights from our sightseeing today:

I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea but it was certainly on my NYC bucket list to visit the Bite Beauty Lip Lab and have my own lipsticks made for me. Definitely a fun experience and absolutely worth $45/lipstick to have a personally mixed color of your choosing.

I don't wear a lot of make-up or often but I would love to have my own color mixed for me!!

Looks like you did a lot in NYC yesterday!! You ended up on a very weird weather day-- it's rare that we get even a little morning snow and the streets don't end up being a slushy mess! Hooray for yesterday's sunshine!

As far as the transportation goes, uber is great in New York. In NJ, they aren't licensed in the same way, so not recommended. Also, NEVER take a taxicab across state lines-- you have to pay both ways. If uber doesn't work for you, check a car service. Dial 7 or Carmel are both good. I'm leaving Saturday and live in NYC, I'm taking Supershuttle to the airport and then the cruiseline transport (since I'm going solo, ends up being a lot cheaper that way and still door to door service).

Landed and in the UBER en route to our hotel! We're staying at the Doubletree Times Square for this stint. I was expecting it to be much more cold, but conveniently it isn't too bad!
Will be on Anthem March 7th, your review should hold me over till we board, thanks....K.O.:)

What a bonus taking a cruise out if NY. My husband and I love it there.. What a great city. On our look last trip we visited the World Trade Centre area.. Quite emotional, but done in good taste.

NY is such a great city. Great pre-cruise. Enjoy the ship.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Waiting in traffic at the cruise port. A big ugly building is hiding her...so close but so far! Come on!

Have an amazing time! I booked Anthem for next March, so it's between that and the Adventure in February. Would be nice to spend some time in NYC again.

There are so many great moments that happen once onboard the ship.

But to me, a few of the best moments happen before the cruise:

The build-up and night before the cruise.

You've talked this vacation to death, but for some reason, the night before it all seems so much better!

The first time the car or shuttle pull into the port entrance and you catch your first in-person glimpse of the ship. So many other people's photos have come across your multiple screens, but it's never the same.

The walk up the gangway to the ship for the first time.

It's the last time that you live out your trip in your mind and the walk up is the climax of anticipation. It's the first/last time to experience that.

Every other time you get back on-board is just to leave an island and you've already seen the inside.

Enjoy your cruise and live in the moment!

I'm looking forward to your review and pictures.

I wonder why the two shows were cancelled. Are there diamond discounts for wi-fi found in your cabin?

Each Diamond Member receives 1 continuous 24 hour internet session. It will be loaded onto your SeaPass Card and will show up when you sign on to one of the computers on board and your use Folio Number.

Diamond Plus gets 2 continuous 24 hours sessions.

Edited by cruisenfever