LIVE from The Anthem of the Seas - February 6, 2016

bedazzler

First, thank you so much for keeping it all positive. It has been really disheartening to hear so much negativity after this horrible situation!! I understand people being upset, but a positive attitude is always helpful.

We are supposed to be boarding Saturday- have you by any chance found the entrance to the kid's program (Adventure Ocean?) It is listed on being on both decks 11 & 12...?

Yes! I did look at it! It looks like the main entrance is on deck 11 port forward, but the sign is out in the stairwell on deck 12 as well, so you might be able to access it on deck 12 too.

Those bumper cars pack a wallop - was there earlier. While near the entrance gate, did you happen to look up and catch big hole in the neck of Gigi the giraffe? Looks like she was almost decapitated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did see the hole in poor Gigi yesterday as we were wandering! I got a good pic of it with my DSLR, I'll try to post it tonight!

Yikes, that is too bad! We have had good luck with cancelling or changing our flights with United that have been booked with miles but I really think it is because of my DH status. United recently cancelled our return flight for our flight in May and put us on a 6:30am flight out of FLL. No way we can make that and none of the other flights worked for us since I won't fly in regional jets. United reinstated all the miles and refunded us the $5.60 booking fee for each ticket.

Too bad American wouldn't play nice.:(

American was actually willing to do the same if I cancelled the flight (points are apparently fully refundable) but Royal is only covering fees to CHANGE flights so I had to go through the ridiculous process of buying more points to the tune of $2k! So crazy, haha!

Yes! I did look at it! It looks like the main entrance is on deck 11 port forward, but the sign is out in the stairwell on deck 12 as well, so you might be able to access it on deck 12 too.

Thank you so much! It must be HUGE! I hope we get to see it soon... Fingers crossed.

Bedazzler,

I am so glad you and everyone else onboard are ok. I can't imagine how scary that must have been for yall. Sounds like RCCL did right by everyone for the most part. I love your positive attitude and spirit! Glad to hear you are booked again already for December! I am going on her next May for my 30th anniversary and cannot wait!!! Safe travels in the future!!!

at least you guys got another full day on the ship to enjoy. Just my opinion, but considering the late arrival into Bayonne, they should give people the option to get off Thursday morning now.

That's an option...it's been posted in several places. The only people who can disembark tonight are those who are doing self-assist.

If these threads were not so post whored by useless posts, you would have seen several informative post which said passengers have the option to sleep on board tonight. A real nice gesture would have been to let them stay on board till the scheduled return on Saturday.

I'm guessing they need them off so that they can clean debris from staterooms and for safety reasons as they do work in the common areas.

Hi! My name is Lindsay and I’ll be reporting live from The Anthem of the Seas during our 7-day cruise to the Bahamas and our little pre- and post- vacation in NYC for a total of a 12-day vacation!

I'm starting this thread a little early because I can't contain myself! Also maybe someone on CC can convince me to start packing (I'll admit I'm a terrible last-minute packer).

First, a little about me/us: I just turned 24 and I’ll be going on this cruise with my lovely boyfriend of 4 years, Johnny, who just turned 25. We met in college marching band (we both played the trombone) and have been dating ever since. He took me on my first cruise just over 2 years ago – a Holiday cruise on the Allure of the Seas shortly before I graduated, and I began my love of cruising. Maybe I’m paying him back, or maybe I just felt like 25 was a momentous enough occasion to spend a bunch of money, either way, I get a vacation out of it too! We both work in the tech industry but we’re currently living long-distance from each other (I’m a Phoenix-native and he lives in Orange County), so about once a year we try to go on a nice vacation together for about a week (usually a cruise).

This trip will be my third cruise (Johnny is Diamond on RCCL) but the first cruise I’ve planned by myself. This cruise was initially a surprise for Johnny’s 25th birthday so I set up a whole bunch of it without his knowledge, and as part of his present, I’ve been doing all of the legwork to get everything situated. I actually booked this cruise while onboard our previous cruise on the Allure back in March 2015 (I’ve been on 2 cruises before: Allure Eastern and Western Caribbean). I had to spill the beans on the surprise back in September so that way Johnny would be able to accumulate and request the time off from work – but he’s totally excited!

Johnny is flying here (PHX) on Thursday and then we’re both flying into JFK on Thursday night for our cruise that leaves on Saturday, spending Friday sightseeing. I originally booked the Thursday flight because I was SUPER worried about snow, but thankfully this week looks like it will be pretty tame and we'll get an extra sight-seeing day out of it.

If there's anything you'd like me to figure out while we're onboard, let me know and I'll try my best!

I would doubt this ship will sail after inspection in New Jersey by the coast guard and other authorities.

I think if it were me, I would just abide by the original schedule and fly home Saturday...spend the next 3 days touring NYC.

It would seem a lot less complicated and not as expensive and with the refund still an affordable vacation.

That was sort of the plan originally...because Monday is a federal holiday we were going to stay in NYC until Monday the 15th after our cruise got in on the 13th. Now that everything has changed, we will save that bit for another time as we're both eager to get home.

Another change of events for us: we will be on Good Morning America tomorrow. We are eating at Chic now (original plans for The Grande changed once we realized we had to pack sooner than anticipated) and will be heading off the boat and taken to a hotel in Times Square that is close enough to the ABC studios for GMA.

Our decision to go on GMA is possibly a little bit based on the fact that they are providing transportation from the port to the hotel and studio to JFK for our flights tomorrow (which saves us a decent chunk of money). We also have purely positive things to say about how it was handled so maybe we can shine a light on RCI and how this situation played out.

Edited by bedazzler

First of all - thanks for your live posts through this cruise! Can't imagine what you went through!

Secondly - Omigosh!! Poor Gigi! Amazing that she wasn't decapitated!!

Finally - I'm being selfish (and clearly you have more important things to do), but any photos from Wonderland would be great! Sorry you missed Prime Table - I've really been looking for photos from there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was sort of the plan originally...because Monday is a federal holiday we were going to stay in NYC until Monday the 15th after our cruise got in on the 13th. Now that everything has changed, we will save that bit for another time as we're both eager to get home.

Another change of events for us: we will be on Good Morning America tomorrow. We are eating at Chic now (original plans for The Grande changed once we realized we had to pack sooner than anticipated) and will be heading off the boat and taken to a hotel in Times Square that is close enough to the ABC studios for GMA.

Our decision to go on GMA is possibly a little bit based on the fact that they are providing transportation from the port to the hotel and studio to JFK for our flights tomorrow (which saves us a decent chunk of money). We also have purely positive things to say about how it was handled so maybe we can shine a light on RCI and how this situation played out.

Thanks for all your posts and good luck on GMA tomorrow.

I'll be watching!

It will be interesting to see all the news channels here in the metro NY/NJ area tomorrow and tonight.

As of our latest news, they announced RCCL said the ship will be sailing on it's next sailing on Saturday.

Anyone who is actually onboard, did they do a "Captains' Corner" yesterday or today? They're always good for a few laughs for some of the most ridiculous questions. I know we were on Freedom in Oct 2011 the cruise after the storm and there were lots of questions the entire trip which the Captain explained. Also on our GR cruise in March 2014, where we had 30 foot waves and high winds (also some damage to the running deck-it split at a weld seam) we had complete and open dialogue with the Captain both right after it happened and during the Captain's Corner. Our experience is that the Captains' are very open and honest about weather and decisions made during sailings. I appreciate all the posts made by those who are actually onboard.

Those of us who have been on CC for a while know that a lot of the rumors and speculation by those who either aren't onboard and/or guessing turn out to be wrong after the fact.

Edited by BND