LIVE from The Anthem of the Seas - February 6, 2016

bedazzler

When you get home, file a claim with the insurance company for trip interruption. Royal used to brag that their insurance covers air even if you booked on your own. If that has changed I don't recall seeing anything announced. The worst they can do is deny the claim and the best is they will reimburse you.

Cruise Care no longer covers airfare, it is stated in their policy which is on their website. The change was over a year ago and there was information about the change there at the time.

Cruise Care no longer covers airfare, it is stated in their policy which is on their website. The change was over a year ago and there was information about the change there at the time.

I believe Royal's Cruise Care still covers air purchased through Royal (Air2Sea), but no longer covers independently booked air.

I feel so bad for the poor bartender by the outside pool bar. There is snow coming down lightly, nobody is out there (of course), and he looks pretty cold. Towel guys look a bit cold too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If no one is at the pool, they should close the outside pool bar ,and bring those guys inside. Why have them suffer in the cold.

I also hope that RCCI will allow passengers who need to, sleep on board past Wednesday docking.

Be safe

When you get home, file a claim with the insurance company for trip interruption. Royal used to brag that their insurance covers air even if you booked on your own. If that has changed I don't recall seeing anything announced. The worst they can do is deny the claim and the best is they will reimburse you.

I believe Royal's Cruise Care still covers air purchased through Royal (Air2Sea), but no longer covers independently booked air.

Independently booked air is what was being discussed.

I also hope that RCCI will allow passengers who need to, sleep on board past Wednesday docking.

If these threads were not so post whored by useless posts, you would have seen several informative post which said passengers have the option to sleep on board tonight. A real nice gesture would have been to let them stay on board till the scheduled return on Saturday.

If these threads were not so post whored by useless posts, you would have seen several informative post which said passengers have the option to sleep on board tonight. A real nice gesture would have been to let them stay on board till the scheduled return on Saturday.

Now, now, Biker, aren't you the one that is posting a useless picture on every page of some of these threads? You really can't have it both ways.

As far as letting the passengers stay on board until Saturday, I, personally, don't think they can. If the cruise line wants to get this ship back to sea as scheduled on Saturday, they need the space to clean up everything, fix what can be fix, all without having to make sure everywhere is safe for passengers to walk. If they have to feed and entertain people until Saturday, repairs will be slowed down.

Yes. There are pools and hot tubs in the solarium- a beautiful glassed in sunny space all the way at the bow. There is also a large full size pool with retractible roof, in addition to the outdoor pool.

Yes. There are pools and hot tubs in the solarium- a beautiful glassed in sunny space all the way at the bow. There is also a large full size pool with retractible roof, in addition to the outdoor pool.

According to the other thread, water is gone from pools and the covered areas are freezing because parts of the glass roofs are shattered.

Solarium and indoor pool appear completely intact, but pools still closed. Only the outdoor pool had glass in it. All pools empty though.

Edited by Kite99

Anyone know why Anthem is only doing 6 knots? Is there damage to props or engine issues? Just got passed by a cargo ship doing 12.7 knots.

We're timing our arrival to meet the harbor pilot at 6pm. No reason to go any faster as they can't accommodate us before then.

Maybe it's just something simple, like trying to time Anthem's arrival to coincide with the scheduled pilot and the berthing schedule? I've been on a few ships that slowed to a crawl for those reasons. I have no knowledge of this situation, just thinking this is a possibility.

Judy

Independently booked air is what was being discussed.

Yeah, I booked my air directly though American because I used FF points. We were all told by Guest Services (as well as the stateroom video) that Royal is covering airline change fees. Thank goodness because I had to buy more points to cover the change (apparently if you book with points you can ONLY pay with points) and the 60,000 points I needed cost me just shy of $2k.

Edited by bedazzler

Maybe it's just something simple, like trying to time Anthem's arrival to coincide with the scheduled pilot and the berthing schedule? I've been on a few ships that slowed to a crawl for those reasons. I have no knowledge of this situation, just thinking this is a possibility.

Judy

There's a whole support staff to deal with a ship's arrival. Lots of moving parts to get into place. WCBS radio said this morning that arrival wouldn't be until 9ish tonight.

Now, now, Biker, aren't you the one that is posting a useless picture on every page of some of these threads? You really can't have it both ways.

You are absolutely correct, I'm part of the post whoring problem today. But just couldn't help myself with that pic - it describes some of these threads so well.

Yeah, I booked my air directly though American because I used FF points. We were all told by Guest Services (as well as the stateroom video) that Royal is covering airline change fees. Thank goodness because I had to buy more points to cover the change (apparently if you book with points you can ONLY pay with points) and the 60,000 points I needed cost me just shy of $2k.

Yikes, that is too bad! We have had good luck with cancelling or changing our flights with United that have been booked with miles but I really think it is because of my DH status. United recently cancelled our return flight for our flight in May and put us on a 6:30am flight out of FLL. No way we can make that and none of the other flights worked for us since I won't fly in regional jets. United reinstated all the miles and refunded us the $5.60 booking fee for each ticket.

Too bad American wouldn't play nice.:(

Those bumper cars pack a wallop - was there earlier. While near the entrance gate, did you happen to look up and catch big hole in the neck of Gigi the giraffe? Looks like she was almost decapitated.

Edited by Kite99