"Make-Your-Own Milkshakes" on Lido Deck? What do you mix it in?

RecoveryDude

Everyone, here, does know that at the buffet dispensers it is NOT REAL ice cream? Stick around and watch them fill the machines with a nondairy "desert mix", carton. Yuck- cheap substitute for my preferences. The yogurt isn't any better. :)

So THAT'S why I don't feel the typical tummy rumblings, etc after eating an ice cream..it's not made with real milk/milk products (I'm lactose intolerant).

So THAT'S why I don't feel the typical tummy rumblings, etc after eating an ice cream..it's not made with real milk/milk products (I'm lactose intolerant).

then it's a great plus for you, (although meds work wonders for the real thing. :) )

I'm kind of weird about meds. To me, lactose intolerance isn't something I need to take meds for because I can just avoid milk products (most of the time..I do love cheese..and ice cream). I typically don't put anything into my body (medication wise) that I feel I don't specifically need to treat a condition or disease because that's just how I was raised. You take care of it yourself with home remedies to the best of your ability and if it's something you feel you absolutely CANNOT take care of at home, THEN you go to the doctor and get a drug. But not until you've tried to take care of it yourself at home FIRST.

Last time, I made a coffee shake of sorts by mixing the soft serve with coffee in the big Carnival bottle mug thing that we'd bought.

I do this too, but I put ice in the glass first, then pour the coffee in and the ice cream after. Usually vanilla then top with a smidge of chocolate. ;)I usually just ask a bartender for one of the taller plastic glasses from the bar.

I'm kind of weird about meds. To me, lactose intolerance isn't something I need to take meds for because I can just avoid milk products (most of the time..I do love cheese..and ice cream). I typically don't put anything into my body (medication wise) that I feel I don't specifically need to treat a condition or disease because that's just how I was raised. You take care of it yourself with home remedies to the best of your ability and if it's something you feel you absolutely CANNOT take care of at home, THEN you go to the doctor and get a drug. But not until you've tried to take care of it yourself at home FIRST.

Just FYI, lactaid isn't medicine. It's an all-natural enzyme that aids in breaking down the lactose in dairy products. Totally safe to take as often as needed.

Everyone, here, does know that at the buffet dispensers it is NOT REAL ice cream? Stick around and watch them fill the machines with a nondairy "desert mix", carton. Yuck- cheap substitute for my preferences. The yogurt isn't any better. :)

Here are the cartons for the chocolate yogurt and the vanilla ice cream.

yogurtingredients_zps1d2099e8.jpgicecreamingredients_zpse0cbf7fc.jpg

Same as Dairy Queen or any other eating place that has soft serve machine and just as GOOD!! Alot of ships have real dip ice cream they serve you, will put in a glass.

Edited by texast518

Hi! I've read that people use the soft serve ice cream to make a milkshake on the Lido deck by mixing either milk or the passion fruit juice with the soft serve. I can't wait to try this ...

BUT WHAT DO YOU MIX IT IN?

I'm thinking of bringing my 'shaker bottle' that I use for my protein powder at the gym ... wondering if THAT will work?

What does everyone else use and how do you mix it up?

I leave in 16 days on Pride!!!

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Milk, Ice Cream, and two plastic cups.

Shake shake shake.

Same as Dairy Queen or any other eating place that has soft serve machine and just as GOOD!! Alot of ships have real dip ice cream they serve you, will put in a glass.

No, it is not considered anything "good", for my preferences. There are big differences with REAL quality simple ingredients, which are what I prefer and purchase.

Certainly something for everyone. My only point was, this product does not meet the standards of "ice cream".

Well, whether or not the stuff that comes out of the soft serve machine is real or not doesn't bother me as i like the taste of the stuff, particularly the vanilla.

We also bring a pack of the large solo cups with us to make our shakes.

i get a container or two of chocolate milk from the buffet ( out on the buffet in the morning or just ask one of the servers at other times) i mix the milk with some coffee and add chocolate soft serve and i have a mocha shake.

I love using the solo cups...no worries about losing them.

Just FYI, lactaid isn't medicine. It's an all-natural enzyme that aids in breaking down the lactose in dairy products. Totally safe to take as often as needed.

Still cheaper to just avoid the milk products most of the time. That way I don't have to pay for a medication (even if it's not a true medication like Lactaid pills) that I don't want or need.

No, it is not considered anything "good", for my preferences. There are big differences with REAL quality simple ingredients, which are what I prefer and purchase.

Certainly something for everyone. My only point was, this product does not meet the standards of "ice cream".

I AGREE, but it is GOOD! Being from Texas, I have made & eaten alot of HOMEMADE turn the crank icecream in 74 years.

Edited by texast518

Still cheaper to just avoid the milk products most of the time. That way I don't have to pay for a medication (even if it's not a true medication like Lactaid pills) that I don't want or need.

True, but I was just clarifying for anyone who wanted to know. I get the chewables for my daughter who would rather be sick than live without ice cream :D