CRAZY question about missing the boat...

Savlamara

You don't need to be snide about it:eek: I was just bringing up a point.;)

Wasn't trying to be snide and do apologize if I came across that way. I'm sure the information being imparted could be helpful to someone so even if it's "what if" on the OP's part it still fills a purpose.

If you have a friend or spouse or family member who is habitually late, just don't be an enabler. If you plan on meeting at the pier and she is more than 5 minutes late just go check in yourself. If she isn't ready for a meal just tell her you will meet her at the table. If you are exiting the ship at a port and she is dilly-dalying just tell her you are going ashore and she can catch up...and do the reverse when it is time to re-embark on the ship.

Don't wait for her...that just enforces her "control" and will only make you miserable.

Better yet...find someone else to travel with. Sounds like she may be a real pain on a vacation.

After all this, we will all be wondering if she really did miss the ship and if you sailed solo - send an update after your sailing and let us know!!!

Safe and happy sailing solo or with your friend!

Yes i definitely will post an update!

But she IS the only one I'd be cruising with... So if she isnt there I'd have to wander around like a dope by myself all week! I'm not very social with strangers. =(

Whether she makes it or you go alone, take advantage of the onboard activities (trivia, etc) to meet people. You can interact or not as you feel comfortable. If you like music, the piano bar is a fun activity. On one cruise we met some ladies in the piano bar the first night and continued to interact with them at various activities throughout the cruise.

On our recent cruise our first port was on day 2 in Freeport. I saw a couple coming onto the ship that morning with luggage & based on the little bit I overheard, it seemed they were embarking. Of course I know nothing of the circumstances or why it was allowed. They certainly could've booked air through the cruiseline.

Based on this, I'm guessing depending on circumstances catching up at the first port may be allowed. However, I wouldn't plan for that. Be ready to cruise without your friend. I saw earlier that you probably couldn't fool her by giving earlier time frames. If she makes the sailing, keep track of time at port on your own & be prepared to leave her to head back to the ship. Maybe advise her to have her passport & extra cash in port.

Good luck! I hope the worry is unnecessary & the trip goes smoothly!

Okay, slight update, BFF doesnt know if she can come or not. She doesnt think she can get the time off she is waiting to hear back about job offers. For background we hadnt booked yet. I wanted her to come so i dont have to pay double price and be alone, but now she might not make it anyway. I really want to go on this sailing though and there is a sale today that I dont want to miss.

I know you guys will think I'm a glutton for punishment, but I just posted asking if I can book as a solo and add someone afterward. My anxiety about being solo is getting the best of me I guess...

Okay, slight update, BFF doesnt know if she can come or not. She doesnt think she can get the time off she is waiting to hear back about job offers. For background we hadnt booked yet. I wanted her to come so i dont have to pay double price and be alone, but now she might not make it anyway. I really want to go on this sailing though and there is a sale today that I dont want to miss.

I know you guys will think I'm a glutton for punishment, but I just posted asking if I can book as a solo and add someone afterward. My anxiety about being solo is getting the best of me I guess...

Yes you can. See the replies to your thread.