Boots for Canada/NE Cruise

3dogmom

I live in the Tampa Bay area and we love wearing our boots! It's more of a fashionable thing; not "it's below 60 so I don't want my feet to freeze" thing.

I agree. I'm in Central Florida and am looking forward to wearing boots this week. The highs will be in the 50s and 60s. :)

For the cruise, I might do more of a hiking shoe. I have waterproof ones from LL Bean that I like. They also sell hiking boots, although they're more for outdoors than for fashion. But they'll last forever.

One reason I love my soft leather no zip keens is they pack quite nicely. I'm also happy to wear boots on the plane if I don't want to take up space in my bag. If you want to wear/ bring boots, there are certainly ways to make it work! (I have global entry so I get tsa precheck - no need to take off my shoes at the airport, but even if I do - many airports don't have precheck lines for international arrivals - it doesn't take me long to get them on & off :-)

I was thinking of wearing them on the plane to save on space. TSA pre-check....*swooooon*!

They also sell hiking boots, although they're more for outdoors than for fashion. But they'll last forever.

I have Bean duck boots from high school I got in 1987 that I still wear. The treads are a little worn and the leather is nicely broken in. Love them :-) Also have green suede Sorels from college I wear on the rare occasions I need a snow boot (I live in NC - I need them maybe once every 2-3 years ;-) I do like to hold on to the "classics" :-)

You will see a lot of people wearing boots in New England and Canada in October. Boot season starts in NY right after flip flop season. :) http://www.clarksusa.com/us/womens/womens-view-all/Rosalyn-Lara-Dark-Brown-Leather/p/26111587

These could be worn with leggings or skinny jeans or with tights and a skirt. Enjoy your cruise.

Acadia Nat'l Park and Peggy's Cove are the 2 places I was mainly thinking of that a sturdier shoe/boot would be better than a sneaker.

I am reluctant to add I have done really great in Acadia National Park in my walking shoes and/or sneakers. We had great visits there. Hope for a clear day as the views are magnificent if there is good visibility.

If you want your boots, by all means wear them. I cannot ever recall anyone wearing them on those cruises but that should not matter. Wear what you wish.

You will see a lot of people wearing boots in New England and Canada in October. Boot season starts in NY right after flip flop season. :) http://www.clarksusa.com/us/womens/womens-view-all/Rosalyn-Lara-Dark-Brown-Leather/p/26111587

These could be worn with leggings or skinny jeans or with tights and a skirt. Enjoy your cruise.

Oh I like! Thanks:)

I am reluctant to add I have done really great in Acadia National Park in my walking shoes and/or sneakers. We had great visits there. Hope for a clear day as the views are magnificent if there is good visibility.

If you want your boots, by all means wear them. I cannot ever recall anyone wearing them on those cruises but that should not matter. Wear what you wish.

Thank you for this. I read a few reviews that led me to believe I needed a good sole as I've done cobblestones in both sneakers and sandals but thought because it was October I could change it up a bit.

Just curious but are you a native Floridan ? I have lived in Florida for twenty years and the only time I wore boots was on a trip to Buffalo in Feb.. but I do see a lot of people wearing them and I always wonder if they are native Floridians and boots are fun for them . I lived in New Jersey for forty years and got my fill of boots . I did the Canada cruise three years ago and we had great weather sunny with a chill in the air . I packed jeans and a waterproof jacket . Great seafood . Try the various fish chowders . They are to die for .

Just curious but are you a native Floridan ? I have lived in Florida for twenty years and the only time I wore boots was on a trip to Buffalo in Feb.. but I do see a lot of people wearing them and I always wonder if they are native Floridians and boots are fun for them . I lived in New Jersey for forty years and got my fill of boots . I did the Canada cruise three years ago and we had great weather sunny with a chill in the air . I packed jeans and a waterproof jacket . Great seafood . Try the various fish chowders . They are to die for .

Yup, pretty much a native.

It's a fashion thing mainly. I love my suede, leather, high, over-the-knee, bootie boots! Am I talking hiking the forest, trekking in snow boots? No, no....basically I want something that's comfortable to walk in for 8 hour tours, over slippery rocks/cobblestone streets, but that look fashionable doing it. Basically an alternative to wearing my sneakers is what I want.

http://www.clarksusa.com/us/womens/womens-view-all/Rosalyn-Lara-Dark-Brown-Leather/p/26111587

Funny--I just bought these on Shoebuy.com for about $54; I didn't realize they are waterproof. They are very comfortable; I don't normally wear a such a high heel (for me, this is high), but these work great.