On board credit question

Suzez

mrstanley: Hi - your last two posts are a bit confusing. On one hand it sounds like you do not want extra ship board credit (OBCs) and the other you state that you will be using all of your OBCs. Should you decide to rebook any of your Regent Choice excursions on board, the refund will be in cash. In any case, I agree that it is a bit annoying dealing with booking and rebooking excursions. On the other hand, it is nice to be able to get your money back if you do not plan on using all of your OBCs.

Have you booked your excursions for your upcoming cruise? I recommend booking the day that Regent opens booking as some excursions fill up fast. While waiting lists often clear, IMO, it is best to book early to insure that you get the excursions that you want. This is particularly true of excursions that work in conjunction with the Culinary Center as the number of passengers is extremely limited.

mrstanley:

Have you booked your excursions for your upcoming cruise? I recommend booking the day that Regent opens booking as some excursions fill up fast. While waiting lists often clear, IMO, it is best to book early to insure that you get the excursions that you want. This is particularly true of excursions that work in conjunction with the Culinary Center as the number of passengers is extremely limited.

By the way Travelcat, I was reading your Regent reviews, and on your recommendation, as soon as excursions opened up, I jumped at the Positano and Lunch at Ristorante Quatrro Passi excursion. Didn't want it to miss it as it sounds wonderful!

By the way Travelcat, I was reading your Regent reviews, and on your recommendation, as soon as excursions opened up, I jumped at the Positano and Lunch at Ristorante Quatrro Passi excursion. Didn't want it to miss it as it sounds wonderful!

I am so happy to read that you booked Quatrro Passi!!!:D It remains my favorite Regent excursion to date. I don't want to tell you anything whatsoever about the restaurant because you need to experience it yourself. Amazing restaurant - décor - food, etc. Don't forget to go into the kitchen after lunch (they welcome you in).

Thanks Travelcat2 for your help. Our shore excursions are booked for our upcoming cruise. Long story but…we have enough OBC to cover the cost of what we paid for these excursions. I want Regent to credit back my American Express card….No need for anymore OBC. Yes…we plan to use every bit of our OBC. If you don't use it you loose it.

Who can I contact to get the correct information regarding using shipboard credit for

the pre paid shore excursions that we booked online several months ago? Our TA told me that once onboard go to the Destinations desk and if the excursions that we booked are

not sold out then cancel and rebook..Regent would refund the monies paid to our Amex and charge the excursion to your shipboard account using our OBC.

Would love to have correct information regarding this. Thanks to all.

Who can I contact to get the correct information regarding using shipboard credit for

the pre paid shore excursions that we booked online several months ago? Our TA told me that once onboard go to the Destinations desk and if the excursions that we booked are

not sold out then cancel and rebook..Regent would refund the monies paid to our Amex and charge the excursion to your shipboard account using our OBC.

Would love to have correct information regarding this. Thanks to all.

Your TA is correct - go to the Destinations Services desk once onboard the ship. There is really no one to contact before getting on board. If you call Miami, you run the risk of getting misinformation. Also, according to some posters, you can cancel and rebook - even if the excursion is sold out. This is apparently a new policy.

We have been told that the refund cannot be credited back to a credit card which is why you receive cash. It would be nice if this policy changed as well.

Travelcat2,

When you say "cash" you mean money, right ? Hard to believe Regent just can't credit back a credit card but is able to fork over cash. We booked and paid for many of our upcoming shore excursions. I'll be more than happy to receive the cash and put it in my wallet. Regent is not very accommodating and I find it very annoying dealing with their

odd policies…like playing.

Maybe it takes more "work" to do it the credit card way? Mainly, though, doesn't it cost the "vendor" something when they use the credit card service?

Actually the "vendor" is better off to apply the credit to the credit card. When you pay with a credit card, the people you are paying have to pay anywhere from 2% to 4% of the amount charged to the credit card company. Giving a credit back on the credit card should result in a credit of 2% to 4% of the credited amount back to the "vendor".

In the case of credits we are talking about, they are fairly substantial and cannot understand why Regent would not want to take advantage of that credit to them????

Having said the above, would always prefer to get a credit back in cash since a smart buyer is getting valuable points for every purchase and if the credit is put back on the credit card the points are deducted just like the fees the "vendor" pays for accepting the credit card. It's win win for the card churner if they can pay with the card and get the credit in cash.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be on the Navigator in May and will have on board credit. This is our first cruise with Regent and we are wondering what happens to unused OBC?

It depends upon whether your OBC is refundable or not (most is not refundable). Obviously, if you cancel an excursion that you paid for before the cruise, the OBC is refundable. Most (if not all) OBC's given to you by Regent as a promotion are non-refundable. Sometimes OBC's given to you by a TA are refundable but not usually. When you get on the Navigator in May, there will be a card indicating how many OBC's you have and whether or not they are refundable.

We have started looking at OBC's as play money. It is easy to spend them in the spa. I also have a collection of watches that I purchased at the Boutique with OBC's that I only wear onboard the ship. While I don't "need" anything, I make sure that I spend every penny of our OBC's.:)

Thank you TravelCat2 for clarifying that for us. I'm with you...and will not plan to leave any on board credit on the table! We have enjoyed your commentary on the board and appreciate your advice and comments.

Best Regards and Safe Travels.

Edited by wavefairy
spelling of name

Thank you TravelCat2 for clarifying that for us. I'm with you...and will not plan to leave any on board credit on the table! We have enjoyed your commentary on the board and appreciate your advice and comments.

Best Regards and Safe Travels.

Thanks so much for the kind words! If you have time, we'd love to hear about your first Regent cruise when you return!