Packing Cubes For Upcoming Princess Cruise

Meena

I use a mix of ebags and the eagle creek pack-its (I like the ebags for things like polos, shorts, etc - the pack-its for things like socks)

One caveat... They are excellent at maximizing space, but that also means watch your bag weight if flying! After one cruise where I forgot to check my bag tipped the scales at 60+ lbs. Fortunately we had bumped to FC that trip where they tend not to notice.

We used eBags from Amazon for our last trip. They were great. We always cross pack after SW lost my husband's suitcase for a couple of days. I packed one cube with a couple of days worth of stuff for me and put in his suitcase and put one with his stuff in mine. When we got to our first destination, we just had to switch the cubes.

I have Pro Packing Cubes I bought off Amazon. You can sign up at the companies website and get on their VIP list. I believe we now have 3 or 4 sets in different colors. I like the organization factor. I also like that it is so much easier to cross pack and then get back your clothes from who ever you cross pack with!

I have Pro Packing Cubes I bought off Amazon. You can sign up at the companies website and get on their VIP list (good idea). I believe we now have 3 or 4 sets in different colors. I like the organization factor. I also like that it is so much easier to cross pack and then get back your clothes from who ever you cross pack with!

I am defiantly going to get a set. When you say yo u take them out and put them on the shelf, I assume your talking about the shelves in with the safe? What size will fit the shelves, small or medium? I was just going to get a set of 4 mediums but like the shelf idea!

Yes, I meant the shelves inside the safe closet. I have various sizes, but mostly the mediums.

I think the large will fit the shelves, but I use large for shirts that need to be hung up anyway, so I am not sure.

I use the mediums for underwear, etc. and those I just put on the shelves. I use the small ones for DH's belts, ties, handkerchiefs.

We also cross pack, just in case a bag gets misplaced.

Patti

We have used the E Bags cubes for several years now. Don't travel without them. Not sure if they help you get more in the suitcase, but it certainly keeps everything organized.

A few cruises ago, when we were disembarking, I got picked for a random customs inspection. After they retrieved our bags from the direct to airport pile, they pulled the biggest bag onto the table. The very nice lady from customs (being serious, she was real polite) unzips it and the first cube she pulled out was the one with all my smelly socks, t-shirts and briefs. Took one look, put it back in the bag and said have a nice trip home. :D

I really think they make packing the bags more efficient.

Mike

Call me cheap..or thrifty. My bargain version is the XL Ziploc bags. The ones I use aren't sold anymore, but they're getting worn out. I will probably replace them with the storage ones in the following link. Mine are great.

http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Double-Zipper-X-Large-4-Count/dp/B003U6A3EY

I think you can still get them from Hefty if you are looking for the 2.5 gallon size. Hefty calls it "jumbo." They are not quite as big as the 10 gallon size referenced by your link, but they are very convenient.

Maddle

Edited by Maddle

I graduated from the Heffty 2.5 gal. bags to the discovery of E-Bags! I swear by them! I have several sets of the different sizes. For personal clothing I just unzip the bag and place in the drawers. I also repack dirty cloths into the larger bag as the week goes on and stick them back in my suit case. Frees up the closet and at the end of the vacation I am almost all packed!!

I use cubes for organising my packing list items, using small and medium ones for medications, toiletries, makeup, undies & socks, chargers and chords, and miscellaneous - stationery pens, magnets, torch or anything else small....so a total of 5 between us. I label each cube even though they have a mesh top.

When unpacking , I hand almost everything on hangers as we cruise for 3 weeks +. I find that an easier way to choose what to wear and it also reduces creasing ( love the fact that you only unpack once on a cruise ;)

Selecting from of a cube and arranging these on the wardrobe shelf sounds easy and probably better for short cruises. Just my tuppence worth :)

I'm a fan of cubes too! I have an Eagle Creek 2 sided cube that has one side that is mesh and the other side that is lined/waterproof. I pack my swim suit/cover up/and flip flops in it. It's especially nice for packing wet swim suits in (from using the hot tub on the final night of cruise).

My local Dollar Tree stores stock XL (20 1/2 x 17") and XXL (24x20")size ziploc type bags. THE XXL one is my favorite dirty clothes bag.

I love my Shacke Pak packing cubes. I got them on Amazon for 29.99 for a set of four that comes with a storage bag that can be used for a laundry bag when traveling. They come in lots of colors and work great.

Edited by Shelly97060

Call me cheap..or thrifty. My bargain version is the XL Ziploc bags. The ones I use aren't sold anymore, but they're getting worn out. I will probably replace them with the storage ones in the following link. Mine are great.

http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Double-Zipper-X-Large-4-Count/dp/B003U6A3EY

Me too!! I have been using the 2 1/2 gallon ZipLocs for years and just love this method of packing. Things packed in them arrive wrinkle free, and I can just slide the bags of clothes on the shelves of the closet when unpacking.

No need to buy fancy packing cubes. These are less expensive, reusable may times over, and do a great job of preventing wrinkles and, when well "burped", compressing clothes so they take up less space in luggage.

For those of you using the cubes, what/why do you like them more than the vacuum bags? That's what we've used the last few trips, just pack them, zip them, and then roll the extra air out. I've looked at the cubes on and off for a while, but didn't see why they're worth the extra money over the vacuum bags I already have

thanks- dogdoc2002