Wallet stolen

Drews_Cruise

We were checking in at SF for a cruise and my husband reached into his pants pocket and his wallet was gone. He just panicked which is understandable and immediately back traced his steps out the "in" door. The clerk who was assisting us yelled towards the door "Tom, I think we have the gentleman who belongs to the lost wallet." Indeed it was my husband's. He was so relieved. Now he travels with a wallet on a chain.

My first thought when I read this post was the wallet did not make it out of the terminal.

Also, I am chain on the wallet kinda guy. I started a few years ago just before the trip to Barcelona and reading all the reports on pick pockets.

Bob

My first thought when I read this post was the wallet did not make it out of the terminal.

Also, I am chain on the wallet kinda guy. I started a few years ago just before the trip to Barcelona and reading all the reports on pick pockets.

Bob

Bob....we think that Mark lost it outside the terminal when we were giving our luggage to the porters. We always say if you are going to loose something do it on a cruise. Cruisers tend to be pretty honest with each other.

One time on the Dawn, I left my small purse with EVERYTHING in it in the pizza parlor. I did not know that until we got back to the cabin and had a message on the phone that my purse was at the PSD.

Now we put our wallets in the safe while on board.

I don't understand these women that carry around a purse while on a cruise. I too put everything into the safe and only carry my cruise card till I get off the ship. I see women carrying purses all the time. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine contains my tablet or phone (for internet, reading, games and music), reading glasses, sunglasses, hand cleaner, and pencil/pen (for trivia). Women's clothes often don't have pockets into which to put a cruise card and coffee card, much less these other items. So we carry little cross-body bags or wristlets.

I guess I don't want to carry too much and like having my hands free.

I carry my cell phone for Internet and my room and coffee card usually in a wristlet bag. I don't carry a large purse like I see others do.

I certainly do hope that your wallet is found and that you enjoy your cruise.

We also keep wallets, phones, jewelry and money in the safe and only take what is absolutely needed ashore.

Hubby likes to wear a jacket to dinner in the evenings...so I just give him my cruise card and lipstick to put in one of his pockets...works for me!!!

I don't understand these women that carry around a purse while on a cruise. I too put everything into the safe and only carry my cruise card till I get off the ship. I see women carrying purses all the time. I don't get it.

My ever-present Epi-pen and phone necessitate a small wristlet or cross-body. Oh, and all the stuff that my hubby wants to have on hand but doesn't want to carry himself, so he can then say "why do those women carry purses, sheesh?" LOL :rolleyes:

Tidbits on lost items:

Mom "lost" her passport after boarding, since she was sitting on it Bedlam ensued before we discovered this

My girlfriend told me to "walk backward in my mind" to figure out where a lost thing has gone

It works sometimes

Once I left a camera on a tour and the port rep recovered it

It hopped from port to port following us and eventually did find us

So awesome

We have had good luck the bad luck On first Princess cruise lots of things never got to lost property it was sad I lost a magnificent jet beaded stole and another lady lost her shoes from under the bench while she was watching a show!!!!

But on a tour in S Africa DH left the camera in one of the cars. I e-mailed the tour guide to check he had done so before I killed him and I was told yes What is your next stop and the tour guide couriered the camera to the port official and it was brought on board by the officiasl for me He would not charge me anything either They were great

mamaboss, how did that wallet get into your room safe?

It was left by the previous couple that stayed in the suite. It was really wedged in a small space in back of the door, I never saw it when I put our things in upon boarding. The wallet was just like my mothers. I was shocked when she said that's not mine. I could not believe the amount of money in it when I was looking for some Id. I didnt want to touch the money so dont know exactly how much but if I had been him I would have freaked out. We were on that cruise for 5 days and in those 5 days he never missed it till I called and told him, strange.

Mine contains my tablet or phone (for internet, reading, games and music), reading glasses, sunglasses, hand cleaner, and pencil/pen (for trivia). Women's clothes often don't have pockets into which to put a cruise card and coffee card, much less these other items. So we carry little cross-body bags or wristlets.

I see people carrying the blue Princess bags with their knitting, etc in them. I was mainly talking about a regular every day purse. Some are so big that they take up a chair on the Lido deck in the buffet. Speaking for myself, it would be just one more thing to keep track of and lose.:eek:

I see people carrying the blue Princess bags with their knitting, etc in them. I was mainly talking about a regular every day purse. Some are so big that they take up a chair on the Lido deck in the buffet. Speaking for myself, it would be just one more thing to keep track of and lose.:eek:

Now I will agree with you that taking up seats is a problem.

What a thing to happen and right at the beginning of your cruise, regardless how it happened. I feel sorry for anyone losing a wallet or purse, such a pain! Last year at the end of our cruise I emptied our safe out and placed my mother's belongings next to her purse. A little later I saw her wallet still sitting there but everything else put away. She said that's not my wallet. Well it wasn't mine either. I opened it for info and it was loaded with money and cards and an ID. I called the owner who did not realize he left it to tell him I was taking it to passenger services and he should take the steps to retrieve it. I would hope someone would do that for me.

I sure hope he finds his wallet, good luck op!

I boarded a Celebrity ship in Cape Liberty and could not get into the safe. Neither could the people across the hall. The cabin steward call someone who came and opened them. He opened mine, and walked out of the cabin. I swung open the door, and there was a big fat wallet inside. I raced to the door and called him back. He came and looked at it, and said he would be back with someone from security to get it. Put it back in the safe and relocked it.I didn't want to look through it for ID...I had to go to muster and it was gone when I got back. I hope they got it out to the terminal, because the cruise was a repo to San Juan...EM

So many helpful suggestions and encouragement, wish OP would have done more than just start the thread and not come back!

Agreed. Even though he is still on his cruise, he's sailed enough to be platinum and is sure to have free internet minutes.....

A few years back as we were going through security at the NYC port during embarkation, my husband emptied his pockets and put his cell phone into one of those gray bins. It was crazy busy but after gray bin went through the X-ray machine, I noticed the guy in front of us pick up his own stuff (including his own cell phone), then reach over and palmed my husband's cell phone. No, not accidental! I told my husband who had been distracted and he confronted the man. "Sorry man - thought it was mine."

The other sad part of this is that we had to see him around the ship all week long. Grrrr!

Funny! We had an experience on our Hawaiian cruise. We sat with a brother and sister on Lido. The sister went into a panic because she lost her cell phone. We worked with her retracing her steps. She was in tears. When she stood up, her phone fell to the floor.:D

That is like searching everywhere for your glasses and eventually realizing they are on your head! LOL:D

Well, are't you the lucky one who doesn't need reading glasses or medication or an inhaler for severe allergies. Everybody's needs are not the same. Now do you "get it"? :rolleyes:

Wow, I also have wondered why but I am sure glad I never voiced the question. People are a little sensitive. I have a back pack for during the day for the camera or sunscreen but I admit I have always been a little puzzled by the fancy small purses. Most likely because I know I would forget it everywhere I went :). But as we are all different I am glad we all share our differences.

That is like searching everywhere for your glasses and eventually realizing they are on your head! LOL:D

That would be me. :D

Wow, I also have wondered why but I am sure glad I never voiced the question.

It was very nice of you not to walk up and ask someone why she had a purse. (Maybe it was full of sanitary items.) Why are people so shocked and amazed that everyone else in the world isn't just like them? :confused:

Wow, I also have wondered why but I am sure glad I never voiced the question. People are a little sensitive. I have a back pack for during the day for the camera or sunscreen but I admit I have always been a little puzzled by the fancy small purses. Most likely because I know I would forget it everywhere I went :). But as we are all different I am glad we all share our differences.

I am also one of those that carries a small bag/purse around with me, originally just for my reading glasses, my patter, and a pen, nowadays it is a touch bigger, for my iPad mini.

Funny thing is I started carrying the bag after my first couple of cruises when I would set my readers down somewhere and walk away without them. Repeated trips throughout the cruise and no once were they ever turned in. I guess I am so accustomed in day to day life carrying a purse that I never put it down and forget it.

I am so sorry. I agree with others who say that the first thing we do when getting into the cabin is to set the safe combination and then put both of our wallets, jewelry and passports locked in the safe.

I find it hard to believe it could have been taken or pickpocketed by another passenger at Muster Drill. Are you sure that it didn't fall out of your pocket maybe while seated at the pier in Port Everglades or do you definitely remember having it while on the ship? We usually carry on a purse, wine container, carry on bags, etc and it would be easy to set something down and forget to pick it up in the excitement to board. Unless you are sure you had it, might be worth a try to have ships personnel contact Port Everglades to see if it was found.

Normally my wallet would go right in the safe but I had put our room keys in it when we boarded and we needed the keys to attend the muster drill. They scanned our keys upon entry and I returned my wallet to my pocket as we sat down. That may have been where I dropped it. We sat right by the exit and performed the drill and then went straight to our cabin. It was already gone by then and we had no key to re-enter our cabin, so I retraced my steps back to my chair. We searched everywhere but it had obviously been picked up by then. It seemed strange that when we got on the elevator someone said Hold you life jackets over your heads so we can fit more people in the elevator. That may have been a fluke but my hands were in the air leaving my pockets exposed. Oh well tomorrow is our last day on the ship and still no wallet. Cards are cancelled and we saved lots of money by not being able to shop much....thanks for concerns everyone. Be vigilant.. Drew

Agreed. Even though he is still on his cruise, he's sailed enough to be platinum and is sure to have free internet minutes.....

Sorry the Internet connection is not the greatest on the ship and I haven't been able to get back on until now. Needed to save my minutes for check out and flight check ins..

Something doesn't add up here....you are accusing someone of stealing your wallet (based on the title of your thread), yet you don't provide any details to back up your claim as to when you definitely last had your wallet. The first thing I thought of was the Seinfeld episode where Morty was in the doctor's office where he was "sure" his wallet was stolen.

I sure hope you ultimately find it as there is nothing worse than having to call all your credit card companies and replacing ID's, etc.

I remember that episode. Thanks for the laugh. But unfortunately I had it with our room keys to scan in at the muster drill and 10 minutes later everything was gone. We check the cushions moved the chairs and looked everywhere. We've been to the front desk daily to check but nothing. No one from security has even called us. They just say they will call us if something is found.

Sorry the Internet connection is not the greatest on the ship and I haven't been able to get back on until now. Needed to save my minutes for check out and flight check ins..

Sorry you didn't get the wallet back. What a pain to go through.

Thanks for the tip on the mustard drill and someone saying hold up the life jackets to make more room. Very interesting. That is a possibility that it did happen there. Never had that said before.:(