JADE: VEGETARIAN's TREATED LIKE THIRD TIER PASSENGERS!!!

Rashmi

I was on Jade in November on the first cruise out of Houston. That cruise had a lot of challenges, but finding vegetarian meals was not one of them. I am a strict vegetarian, no meat, no broth, no fish sauce, etc. I thought the buffet went above and beyond to create several veggie options inside and at the Great Outdoors. The main dining rooms, La Cucina, and Le Bistro all had veggie options. They were limited, but they were available.

Echoing what has been said previously in this thread. I am a long-time vegetarian (no meat, no fish.) Although I have not been on the Jade, I have sailed previously on the Breakaway and the Jewel. I have never had an issue getting vegetarian food. In almost every case, it was well prepared, tasty and satisfying. This applies to the specialty restaurants as well. I always found the crew accommodating to my requests.

The only restaurant where there was nothing on the menu for me was Cagney's (the steakhouse.) I went there to join the rest of my family who was dining there. Even at Cagney's, I spoke to the maître d' upon arrival, and they arranged for a vegetarian dinner to be delivered from Le Bistro.

No complaints from this vegetarian.

Edited by Dan_K
typo

To the original poster:

I see you have not been back since your original post, but on the off-chance you see this the following me ay be helpful.

Don't use hyperbole in your thread title. You are setting yourself up to be perceived as a drama queen.

Break your thoughts up into separate paragraphs with spaces between. As is, your post is difficult to read.

Also, I think some of the pushback is that many find it hard to believe that your options were so limited when thousands of vegetarians sail every week and manage.

While there are not as many vegetarian options in the MDR, I've always seen at least one vegetarian option, usually two. I'm really confused here. Does OP just not like the vegetarian offerings? Or does OP mean VEGAN not vegetarian, because yes, I'm willing to believe it would be very hard to find VEGAN offerings on the ship.

While there are not as many vegetarian options in the MDR, I've always seen at least one vegetarian option, usually two. I'm really confused here. Does OP just not like the vegetarian offerings? Or does OP mean VEGAN not vegetarian, because yes, I'm willing to believe it would be very hard to find VEGAN offerings on the ship.

And these people had such wonderful meals EVERY NIGHT in the MDR go figure! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251554

Nope. My vegan niece was ok with her choices.

Edited by DMH15

I am shocked ... SHOCKED! ... that veterinarians are treated so shabbily! I just hope that Del Rio never has a sick animal he needs taken care of. I can understand maybe not calling a veterinarian "doctor" because you don't know that honorific is used for animal doctors, but feeding them only from the buffet is beyond the pale.

I am shocked ... SHOCKED! ... that veterinarians are treated so shabbily! I just hope that Del Rio never has a sick animal he needs taken care of. I can understand maybe not calling a veterinarian "doctor" because you don't know that honorific is used for animal doctors, but feeding them only from the buffet is beyond the pale.

Emily-Litella-Never-mind.jpg

[YOUTUBE]KmK0bZl4ILM[/YOUTUBE]

Bonus points for knowing the A.W.! Saw them in Kingston, and once in Mississauga in concert.

They have the best description of Canada, which I've ever heard:

:)

Stephen

Edited by sjbdtz