Royal Caribbean will not announce if Anthem if they will leave port until tomorrow AM

ken_nyc

Just heard on NBC4NY news that they will not announce if the Anthem will be leaving tomorrow until the morning tomorrow. I just wanted to let those who are suppose to leave tomorrow, I hope she will sail and all of you have a great cruise!

Does anyone know if captain Claus has been relieved of his duties for this sailing? I am curious if there's "administrative leave" while they review everything.

Captain Claus is currently in Miami assisting in the investigation and will be returning to the ship shortly.

I guess they had to wait for Coast Guard approval before they could say anything definitively about sailing today.

In the article I saw...

(http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/12/coast-guard-will-determine-if-battered-royal-caribbean-ship-anthem-of-the-seas-can-set-sail/)

...the Coast Guard spokesman said RC had replaced the broken azipod. That amazes me because:

a) They apparently had a spare azipod sitting around in New York, or were able to get that large item moved there very quickly from wherever it was, and

b) They could install a new azipod without a drydock. They can do that with divers in it's berth?

Remarkable!

Edited by Earthworm Jim

I guess they had to wait for Coast Guard approval before they could say anything definitively about sailing today.

In the article I saw...

(http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/12/coast-guard-will-determine-if-battered-royal-caribbean-ship-anthem-of-the-seas-can-set-sail/)

...the Coast Guard spokesman said RC had replaced the broken azipod. That amazes me because:

a) They apparently had a spare azipod sitting around in New York, or were able to get that large item moved there very quickly from wherever it was, and

b) They could install a new azipod without a drydock. They can do that with divers in it's berth?

Remarkable!

They used Azipod as a general term. It was the clutches that they actually replaced. A lot less complicated process.

The Azipods on the Quantum are of a newer type and a lot more service can be done without the need for a drydock.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

In the article I saw...

Remarkable!

Not really remarkable at all, just a very poor job of reporting. They had to replace the clutches in both azipods, they didn't replace any azipods.

Let''s not let facts get in the way of journalistic license.

Direct from Corporate.:)

Just don't let corporate watch TV... They may lose their resolve. Journalism is a lot like piranha attacks. No brain in the entire swarm, but they are determined to feed, and will shred anything in the water.

Again, I hope that a good man is not eaten by jounalistic piranhas.

JC

It has been on the news all morning and it is on RCCL web page.....

Passed inspection....LEAVING ON TIME.

Bon Voyage and have a wonderful cruise

Let me add my wishes for a great cruise!

I know how difficult the period of uncertainty has been, but you can put it all behind you now and concentrate on having a good time.

They used Azipod as a general term. It was the clutches that they actually replaced. A lot less complicated process.

The Azipods on the Quantum are of a newer type and a lot more service can be done without the need for a drydock.

Hmmm! I did not know the Azipods had clutches - not something you would need with an electric motor even with reduction gears. I will have to read up on them more - know of any good articles on them - I work on Locomotives - much the same process a big Diesel Generator providing power for Electrical motors. We do not have any clutches because electric motors can be electrically controlled from very low speed to very high speed with no slipping or clutches.

Just don't let corporate watch TV... They may lose their resolve. Journalism is a lot like piranha attacks. No brain in the entire swarm, but they are determined to feed, and will shred anything in the water.

Again, I hope that a good man is not eaten by jounalistic piranhas.

JC

I read the article ... too funny. THOUSANDS of people on board ... and ONE person called it the cruise from hell.

Really? And they call that "news".

Hmmm! I did not know the Azipods had clutches - not something you would need with an electric motor even with reduction gears. I will have to read up on them more - know of any good articles on them - I work on Locomotives - much the same process a big Diesel Generator providing power for Electrical motors. We do not have any clutches because electric motors can be electrically controlled from very low speed to very high speed with no slipping or clutches.

Here's the link to the thread on the damages to the propulsion system. It is explained in detail in several posts there by chengkp75.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2314372&page=16

I sent an email to corporate in support of the Captain and below is the response. Not sure if he will make this sailing.

Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. It is my pleasure to respond on behalf of Mr. Bayley.

Mr. Bayley cannot thank you enough for sharing your kind words regarding Captain Claus. He has the utmost respect for the Captain and his decades of experience serving our brand. Captain Claus is currently assisting us in Miami with our investigation and will be returning to the Anthem of the Seas shortly.

Just heard on NBC4NY news that they will not announce if the Anthem will be leaving tomorrow until the morning tomorrow. I just wanted to let those who are suppose to leave tomorrow, I hope she will sail and all of you have a great cruise!
Amazing that the media is able to throw out such garbage with bad information!....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Amazing that the media is able to throw out such garbage with bad information!....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The media does post a lot of garbage, but why in this instance is this garbage in your mind?

At the time this was posted, Royal Caribbean was not making an official announcement about sailing or not sailing today.

[emoji848]