Ubp martini

dortrust

Do they fall within the $ for the UBP?

Yes, most martinis do.

I suggest you try Cosmopolitan as your starter martini, to get an idea, and then try others one by one!

Be aware, any drinks that include specialty coffee are not included in UBP.

Also, flights of 6 small martini tasters are not included in UBP either.

We cruise NCL for the martinis (amongst other things).

ENJOY!!

This is not true, or no longer true, at least in my recent experience and according to other reports. (See this thread for example.) The espresso martini is not listed in the martini bar menu anymore, but they may still make you one if they have the ingredients. It was never made with fresh espresso, or any kind of espresso (again in my experience), so the UBP restriction should not come into play here.

UBP holders in the past were offered 20% of the menu price of flights (martini, mojito, wine, etc.), don't know if that is still the case.

Yes, most martinis do.

I suggest you try Cosmopolitan as your starter martini, to get an idea, and then try others one by one!

ENJOY!!

One olive, splash of dry vermouth and Bombay Gin! You'll these!

I have never tried a martini! What are the best kind and do they qualify with the UBP. 60 years old and it is on my bucket list.

What is your usual choice of beverage? If never tried an original martini, it might not be good a idea unless you like gin. If you like vodka, then try a vodka martini. Now...there are many fru fru martinis that are not a true martini but are served in the martini glasses. My favorites are: French Kiss, Cosmopolitan, Chocolate Martini. The martini menu will have all the ingredients listed so it is fun to review and make a choice based on what looks good.

coka

Yes, most martinis do.

ENJOY!!

I can't imagine any drink that would include specialty coffee's. Specialty coffee that is being referenced are something along the lines of a cafe mocha etc. Those are not part of most/any cocktail. The exclusion mentioning specialty coffee is to exclude folks going to a coffee bar and trying to get a mocha etc. Mixed drinks that include coffee are certainly part of UBP.

If you're not into sweet drinks, there's always the dirty martini: the classic martini with a splash of brine from the olive jar.

But... that probably won't be one you'll want to try as a starter.

Since you have the UBP, make sure to order using a top-shelf vodka (Ketel One, Grey Goose etc.) or gin (Bombay Sapphire, Tanqueray) as these will still be under the $15 limit.

They do offer some cocktails made with hot espresso. There is a short menu of them at the Atrium bar, things like Irish Coffee, Grasshopper, Mississippi Mud. Included under the UBP, at least the last few times I've sailed, and not only in the Atrium bar, but wherever they have espresso (there is a machine at the pool bar on the Epic, in the MDR/restaurants, etc.). But not at the Martini bar.

I once had a Apple Martini oboard. Was great.

as in one post before, I would start with a Cosmopolitan. It's fruity.

The "pure" Martini is to dry for me :D

An appletini was my first - on a cruise ship many years ago - and I've been hooked ever since.

I too prefer those with a fruity base. Lemon Drops are my current favorite....yummy lemonade for grown ups! ;)

Lots of great ideas. If I try them all...........

Wow...I was skimming this thread, just looked at your signature and realized you are leaving in 3 days you lucky duck...I'm 40 days out today which isn't long in the big picture, but I can't wait til I see the big 3 D on my countdown!! Have so much fun!!!

Martinis are my favorite cocktail, and we always do every martini tasting on the NCL cruises. I like the vodka martinis, I do not care for gin. My advice is if you do not mind spending a little, try a martini tasting and then you may find a favorite, and you could order it again on the ship. Usually there is 5-6 different types at the tasting. Depending on the bartender and waiters, it can be quite a riot! Sometimes there are party games, and depending on the crowd it can be very funny.

If you like fruity- yes the appletini is great, and a lemon based is also delish! I do not care for the "dessert" martinis, but this might be your favorite- very sweet, usually chocolate or coffee based, I have even had an eggnog martini. A dirty martini is another of my favorites, it tends to have a more salty taste from the olive juice and olives.

I hope you get to chop this off of your bucket list and have a lot of fun!

The tasting and the flight are two different things (but you don't normally get to choose the exact selection, in either case). The tasting is a scheduled event that you can sign up for, and someone from the bar staff does a presentation and you get to taste several martinis (or wines or beers, whatever the tasting is about) and talk about your feelings, etc.

The flight is a menu item that you can order anytime. They prepare all the drinks and give them to you. You can ask the bartender questions about them, but he will be on duty serving other people, too.