I SHOULD be on Breakaway

ALS1214

Went to bed Saturday night with chills and fever that got worse as the night progressed. Long story short I'm still home sick with flu. Purchased medical insurance but does not cover cancel for any reason. I booked through CAS so I'm not out thousands but cannot believe the flu would strike me now. Guess having 24 students passing me their cooties did not help. Ncl called to see if we were picking the ship up at a port. Lesson learned about getting insurance!

Sorry to hear you missed your cruise. We never want to give up the opportunity to be cruising.

Even the NCL insurance which allows you to cancel for any reason only refunds a percentage of what you paid. And the credit is hard to use if you routinely book through CAS since it can only be used against commissionable portions of your booking which is small on a CAS reservation.

Went to bed Saturday night with chills and fever that got worse as the night progressed. Long story short I'm still home sick with flu. Purchased medical insurance but does not cover cancel for any reason. I booked through CAS so I'm not out thousands but cannot believe the flu would strike me now. Guess having 24 students passing me their cooties did not help. Ncl called to see if we were picking the ship up at a port. Lesson learned about getting insurance!

If you purchased medical insurance, why would it not cover you for cancelling because you are sick?

If you purchased medical insurance, why would it not cover you for cancelling because you are sick?

It's a medical only policy. As an example, I have an annual medical travel policy that is there for my medical needs and evacuation if necessary, good for travel up to 70 days at a time. I'm frequently gone over a month, so this policy was ideal for my needs.

I've missed 3 cruises, which I accepted without insurance in 2013. Caribbean, Hawaii, TransAtlantic. less than a $5000 loss, but my 11 day stay in a Barcelona hospital with one of those cruises, was far more costly, with no payment from me due to the health insurance. It took one phone call, specific directions for a cab and they were expecting me at the hospital when I got there. Only needed to show my passport.

Everyone is different in their risk acceptance.