BOGOHO and share holders benefit

cosytoes

I've recently booked on BOGOHO with all inclusive select bev pack and wondered if it may be worth buying 100 shares to receive shareholder OBC benefit.

I've checked their info but it's not too clear but wonder does the BOGOHO count as a booking at a reduced rate? Any one tried this? thanks for your help

Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off”promotions, savings certificates, onboard chartered sailings, certain group sailings or bookings made at a reduced rate or travel

agent rate.

http://http://www.rclcorporate.com/content/uploads/Royal-Caribbean-Cruises-Ltd-Shareholder-Benefit-Offer-1.pdf

Maybe things have changed, but they denied us last year with a BOGOHO rate.

We have only received stock owner discount 1 time in last 10 cruises. It's always denied due to on board credit or bogo. However we have more than double our money on the stock. It's down 25% now - good buy. :)

they will find any reason to deny your shareholder OBC request. I used to get it all the time, which is why we went to getting interior cabins all the time, but now, they've denied if I get my C & A discount for having a balcony, or book during the Going, going, gone Sale, or BOGOHO....

I bought my shares in 2008 when the price was $8.00 per share. I can't afford to sell right now. But I wouldn't invest the thousands now needed to buy 100 shares. I was just able to recoup my initial $800 investment with the OBC I was awarded with. It would take you a gazillion years to get your investment back!

We've been shareholders for years and have been denied OBC maybe 90% of the time. Buy the stock because you believe it's a good value not because you think you're going to get OBC...because you most likely won't. These days they don't even bother responding to requests for OBC, which I find a little bit rude!

• 1 month later...

May I ask what cruise line this thread is about??? Royal Caribbean???

I have the share holder benefit on Princess and I use it all the time... bought it just a little over two years ago at 39 now going for 50 and on a 14 day cruise I get 250 OBC PLUS any other credit Like Military (14 day also 250) I also always get FCC while on board - on a 14 day,, that Pays 100 PER Passenger Plus I almost Always book thru Costco who Also gives Very nice OBC...

sounds like this other company is a joke??? or am I missing something here...

May I ask what cruise line this thread is about??? Royal Caribbean???

I have the share holder benefit on Princess and I use it all the time... bought it just a little over two years ago at 39 now going for 50 and on a 14 day cruise I get 250 OBC PLUS any other credit Like Military (14 day also 250) I also always get FCC while on board - on a 14 day,, that Pays 100 PER Passenger Plus I almost Always book thru Costco who Also gives Very nice OBC...

sounds like this other company is a joke??? or am I missing something here...

Yes, Princess will give you the shareholder's OBC on just about any cruise. Royal Caribbean is much more restrictive.