MTD question auto grats

Funbobby68

Not sure if what I read is true , but wondering if anyone knows for sure if auto prepaid gratuity is not mandatory with my time dining , when I just tried to change from early dining to MTD on one of my reservations, it added gratuity, so I'm leaning towards it still being the case , I like the early dining , but 5:30 is way to early IMO

Not sure if what I read is true , but wondering if anyone knows for sure if auto prepaid gratuity is not mandatory with my time dining , when I just tried to change from early dining to MTD on one of my reservations, it added gratuity, so I'm leaning towards it still being the case , I like the early dining , but 5:30 is way to early IMO

Prepaid gratuity is no longer required for MTD. You can have it removed.

Can you explain what this really means? I have prepaid gratuity and my time dining. How does this work then..?

Before if you wanted MTD gratuity were added to the final price of the cruise , now they apparently don't have to be prepaid and you can pay onboard like normal at the end of the cruise

Can you explain what this really means? I have prepaid gratuity and my time dining. How does this work then..?

Rather than paying gratuities before the cruise, you will now be charged daily on your onboard account.

I just prefer personally paying gratuities onboard , but before that was not an option . In the end it's all the same

I do too but others have ruined it by skipping out so we have to pre-pay or be charged daily. I still like to throw a little something in an envelope at the end of the cruise because it still feels like they aren't getting anything. Which I why I liked cash.

I don't understand skipping out on gratuities , I look at it like I'm paying for a service just like any other , if I had to make the bed myself or straighten the room myself , or prepare my own meals it would be a different story, but I don't......so you pay the people that do , simple as that , IMO if you can't afford the grats you can't afford to cruise .

Understand I had no intention of turning this in to a pro/con on the merits of tipping and won't participate in others narrow minded ideals that justify not tipping

Peace out

Funnobby68