Getting off one ship and onto another - same port

Shaden1982

I searched and couldn't find an answer....maybe someone here has done this or knows the answer.

I'm going on a cruise and then hopping on another ship at the same port after we disembark, what is the best way to get from ship to ship? A taxi? Does Royal offer a shuttle of any type? This will be in FLL - getting off Serenade and getting on Independence.

Thanks!

CHEERS!

I searched and couldn't find an answer....maybe someone here has done this or knows the answer.

I'm going on a cruise and then hopping on another ship at the same port after we disembark, what is the best way to get from ship to ship? A taxi? Does Royal offer a shuttle of any type? This will be in FLL - getting off Serenade and getting on Independence.

Thanks!

CHEERS!

Unless the ships happen to be docked right next to each other, you will most likely need to take a taxi. I don't know of a shuttle and Port Everglades is not really a good place to walk around, mostly industrial.

we did this on 1/9/16 going from the oasis to the carnival conquest. they happen to be next to each other at terminals 18 and 19. we ended up walking to between the terminals, luggage and all, because we couldn't get a taxi to take us such a short distance. do you know which terminals the ships will be? if they are farther apart than what we did, you might find a taxi willing to take you. my suggestion would be to NOT tell the taxi driver where you are going until you get all of your luggage in the car and you get in, then just be willing to give him $20 for the trip. when is your sail date

2 years ago in FLL we did a same day transfer from Independence at Terminal29 to Allure at Terminal 18. Talked to Guest Services and they said we could ride at no cost the 10am bus from Independence headed to the airport via the Allure. We rode to the Allure and got off, and they then boarded more people from the Allure who had paid to go to the airport.

This year we did a same day transfer from Celebrity Constellation at Terminal 4 to Oasis at Terminal 18. We heard lots of rumors of a Port Everglades inter-terminal transfer bus, but when we arrived at its supposed location nobody knew anything about it - BUT they told us it was only about a 10 minute walk to Terminal 18 (versus probably 5 minutes to return back to the taxi stand). We walked it in about 15-20 minutes with rolling luggage. YMMV

Thom

Edited by TravelerThom

Unless the ships happen to be docked right next to each other, you will most likely need to take a taxi. I don't know of a shuttle and Port Everglades is not really a good place to walk around, mostly industrial.

Thanks!

we did this on 1/9/16 going from the oasis to the carnival conquest. they happen to be next to each other at terminals 18 and 19. we ended up walking to between the terminals, luggage and all, because we couldn't get a taxi to take us such a short distance. do you know which terminals the ships will be? if they are farther apart than what we did, you might find a taxi willing to take you. my suggestion would be to NOT tell the taxi driver where you are going until you get all of your luggage in the car and you get in, then just be willing to give him $20 for the trip. when is your sail date

We disembark on get on Independence on March 7.

Is there a way to find out which ship docks where? Or is that just a luck of the draw thing that day?

I'll be more than willing to give him $20 to go from one pier to another......

We've walked from hotels across from ports before, but I have no idea how far it is between berths in FLL. We will have 3 suitcases since our 1st leg is a 10 day and the 2nd is a 5 day. And I'm a chronic over-packer.

Edited by Shaden1982

2 years ago in FLL we did a same day transfer from Independence at Terminal29 to Allure at Terminal 18. Talked to Guest Services and they said we could ride at no cost the 10am bus from Independence headed to the airport via the Allure. We rode to the Allure and got off, and they then boarded more people from the Allure who had paid to go to the airport.

This year we did a same day transfer from Celebrity Constellation at Terminal 4 to Oasis at Terminal 18. We heard lots of rumors of a Port Everglades inter-terminal transfer bus, but when we arrived at its supposed location nobody knew anything about it - BUT they told us it was only about a 10 minute walk to Terminal 18 (versus probably 5 minutes to return back to the taxi stand). We walked it in about 15-20 minutes with rolling luggage. YMMV

Thom

I will definitely check at Guest Services aboard Serenade and see if they offer any transportation ideas! I've also read of a inter-terminal bus either here on CC or on FB and was wondering if this were a 'real' thing......

You can check the ship schedules and which berth they will have here:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/publicmovements.aspx

(you will need to check about a week ahead).

You can see the pier map here:

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/PEG545_MultiMapBrochure_Map_REVISED-Feb-17-2015.pdf

If one ship is at 18 and the other is at 29 or 25 - that's too long of a walk with that much luggage - you have to walk around, there's really no direct route. I would be up front with the taxi driver - just let him know upfront he gets $20 to take you to the other pier. They ask where you are going before you get into the taxi. Asking guest relations about their transfer bus is also a good idea - if you are getting off at 25 or 29 and going to 18. It would not run the other way.

You can check the ship schedules and which berth they will have here:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/publicmovements.aspx

(you will need to check about a week ahead).

You can see the pier map here:

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/PEG545_MultiMapBrochure_Map_REVISED-Feb-17-2015.pdf

If one ship is at 18 and the other is at 29 or 25 - that's too long of a walk with that much luggage - you have to walk around, there's really no direct route. I would be up front with the taxi driver - just let him know upfront he gets $20 to take you to the other pier. They ask where you are going before you get into the taxi. Asking guest relations about their transfer bus is also a good idea - if you are getting off at 25 or 29 and going to 18. It would not run the other way.

Thanks! Appreciate the links and the info. I would be upfront with the taxi driver - have had disgruntled ones before and its makes for everyone to have a nicer day if we're all on the same page.

recent history has Serenade at 18 and Indy at 25.

That would be a hike to walk! Definitely have to grab a taxi if RCCL doesn't offer any type of transport.

Thanks all for your input!

Getting excited......isn't it funny that no matter how many times you cruise, you get just as excited as your first one???? :)

We have done b2b on separate ships twice now and really enjoy it. The first one was on the Indy / oasis and we ended up walking around with luggage in tow. That was not a bad walk and we had sidewalk all the way.

The b2b we just finished last December included the Navigator and the Allure. For this set we asked the concierge if they had a shuttle which they do not. We then were told to go and see if the parking shuttle would take us(btw they are not supposed to). We ended up getting a nice gentleman who said if we tip the shuttle bus driver he would take us no problem. You can not really walk out of the terminal that the navigator is at safely(29 has no sidewalk).

We have done b2b on separate ships twice now and really enjoy it. The first one was on the Indy / oasis and we ended up walking around with luggage in tow. That was not a bad walk and we had sidewalk all the way.

The b2b we just finished last December included the Navigator and the Allure. For this set we asked the concierge if they had a shuttle which they do not. We then were told to go and see if the parking shuttle would take us(btw they are not supposed to). We ended up getting a nice gentleman who said if we tip the shuttle bus driver he would take us no problem. You can not really walk out of the terminal that the navigator is at safely(29 has no sidewalk).

Thank you! We're really looking forward to an extended vacay this trip - maybe we've found a new way to lengthen the trip! ;)

I did this about 26 yrs ago at Miami. B2B cruises, different ships.

From memory, RCL handled the transfer. It was a long time ago and in those days, RCL tried harder to make these things easy.

There have been a few changes in the past 26 years. Rarely does Royal Caribbean now offer any assistance when transferring from one ship to another.

Seems that so many people take back to back cruises on different ships (at the same port) that it would be wonderful if the cruise line would offer some assistance . Even if you get your own transportation from one ship to the other, you are at the second terminal way too early to drop luggage or even enter the terminal.

M

Btw this is called a side by side not a B2B.