Royal Regular Retreats to NCL - Feb. 20, 2016 "Live" ESCAPE Review

Yorkvillain

We spent a lot of time at that bar on the Getaway but not so much on Escape, it was always too windy and we did the 5 o'clock somewhere bar more. Also the mister/fogged thingy was never on while we sailed in December.

Crappy wifi again last night for me. It keeps saying that I am already logged in somewhere else . . .

I battled that as well. There seems to be some routine that clears it, but I don't remember the specifics . . .

Ditto. :(

Received that message last night in my cabin before going to bed, and was 100% sure I'd logged out at the Internet Café shortly before . . . but got dressed and went downstairs to the same PC and checked just to make sure. Had the two 'off' devices with me and each said I was logged in somewhere else.

Asked Gregor this morning what the issue was, and I loved his answer. He used an adjective to described it that I can't repeat here . . . without getting in trouble for language. :)

Edited by DGP1111

dfb614da7f64f058e0fa539c07d4c6bc.jpg

The drop slide looks awesome. Is it just me, or does the pool deck seem cramped? Perhaps, I am just used to the Oasis split deck design. What are your thoughts? I see open deck chairs in the pictures, so it looks like you ahould've been able to find a chair easily every day?

The weather looks great.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Deck 19 bar

c6650c56d31e9547d01bfb7dc7393e6e.jpg

If you return here, and I Wayan Redita (Indonesia) is tending bar . . . I highly suggest you order his 'personal specialty' called a Bob Marley. Tastes great, but looks even better.

Hypothetically, I 'might' have ordered more than one. :)

Sugarcane Mojito Bar definitely does accept the drink package . . . just not full coverage for the mojito flight. :)

This just calls for ordering an individual mojito of each flavor instead!! It's a cost issue. Up to $15 included, over $15 pay the difference.

YorkVillian, Doug, CamaCama,

Have you gone/went to Pincho Tapas Bar? Doug/CamaCama I don't remember seeing any pictures in either of your reviews.

We are going to be on the March 5th cruise and I'm trying to get familiar with cruise ship through your reviews. I don't see many reviews about this place. Is it just bar food or can you have dinner here as well.

Thanks,

Betty

Nope, we had little kids with us so we didn't get to do any of the cool adult stuff. lol

If you return here, and I Wayan Redita (Indonesia) is tending bar . . . I highly suggest you order his 'personal specialty' called a Bob Marley. Tastes great, but looks even better.

Hypothetically, I 'might' have ordered more than one. :)

Ha. I will try to squeeze one in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The drop slide looks awesome. Is it just me, or does the pool deck seem cramped? Perhaps, I am just used to the Oasis split deck design. What are your thoughts? I see open deck chairs in the pictures, so it looks like you ahould've been able to find a chair easily every day?

The weather looks great.

Yeah. The pool deck does feel a little cramped. This ship could use one more pool too. That may be my only negative (well that and the wifi).

We always found deck chairs but sometimes they are a hike from the pool. That is mainly because we sleep late and don't get out there early like most people do.

It's tapas, and yes, you can make a meal of it; we did. It is a "small" menu, but plenty of variety. We tried several things and all was very good. Things we liked more than others. We both thought the lamb was excellent. I liked it better than Food Republic. I am assuming we got an "off" night at FR. I say that because of the several good reviews I have read.

Loved the Paloma cocktail there!

We ate outside .....the service and weather were perfect. One of the few food places I left an additional tip.

YorkVillian, Doug, CamaCama,

Have you gone/went to Pincho Tapas Bar? Doug/CamaCama I don't remember seeing any pictures in either of your reviews.

We are going to be on the March 5th cruise and I'm trying to get familiar with cruise ship through your reviews. I don't see many reviews about this place. Is it just bar food or can you have dinner here as well.

Thanks,

Betty

Edited by asubaru

There's that 20 minute line for bar service I keep reading about...

Haha! There was one day when we were eating at Garden Cafe. The table next to us wasn't cleaned off for a good 5-10 minutes after the last people left. I said to Courtney, "These are the types of things that people go on Cruise Critic to complain about and write a 500-word essay on how their vacation was ruined because of that dirty table".

Edited by Yorkvillain

Drop slide

a91fb647fc926ad8065def720dde4acc.jpg

9d382f963458e1cc321d4ec885443241.jpg

Are the drop slides pitch black inside or does the natural light pass through the tube?

Loving the review, nice work. We can't wait, 79 more days until we sail!