55+ special pricing

Hapinowagain

Most cruise lines offer senior discounts on some, but not all sailings; however, they are not often combinable with other discounts so it often makes little, if any, difference to the final cost.

• 2 weeks later...

I had been watching the cruise we will go on in a week for months and knew the on-line agency price. Carnival had announced a One Day Sale. I called my agent to let her know what I would be looking for: date, cabin Category and particular cabin number which I did know was available, and asked her what the "sale" price might be. She called me right back the same day and our 55+ rate was cheaper than the lowest equal category sale rate! I didn't want to risk loosing the cabin, so we booked it on the Carnvial Pride.

Most cruise lines offer senior discounts on some, but not all sailings; however, they are not often combinable with other discounts so it often makes little, if any, difference to the final cost.

Hi, We live in Bedminster,PA We go through Bedminster NJ on our way to Lead East car show in Parsipany.

• 3 months later...

Dalsal,

I know Carnival offers a miltary discount. I saw from your signature that you will be sailing on Princess. Does Princess offer a military discount? They told me, when I booked my Panama Canal cruise, that they did not offer military discounts. Has something changed?

FedJan,

As far as I know,Princess does NOT give a Military Discount.My brother was hoping they did as he wanted to go on my cruise.But,instead,I will have to cruise on the Conquest later this year with him!

So far the only ones that give Military discounts are Carnival,Celebrity,Holland America,MSC Cruises,Norwegian,Orient Lines and Royal Caribbean.So Princess needs to get onboard!

This is the best discount Ive found so far,wish I could use it.

The ones that give 55+ rates are Carnival Celebrity,Norwegian,and Royal Caribbean.

There are also discount for Police/FireFighters and Teachers...

Dot

I popped in on this thread and since the DH and I fit the 55+. FEDJAN, as you can see we are going on the Panama Canal cruise soon and sad but true Princess does not offer a military discount. Carnival does offer the discount but not on all cruises and dates. The DH and I found that out when we booked a short weekend get away with the DH and DSIL on Carnival. We did get the 55+ discount :D

My husband and I have a cruise booked on RCCL for April. We have already paid in full for it. We are both over 55, do you think we should ask about a discount? My husband is also a police officer, I didn't know we could get discounts for either one. Funny that our travel agent didn't mention this.:confused:

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

All cruise lines offer senior rates. However not on all cruises . It changes daily depending on how the sales are going. Also NCL give 5% for anyone that is a union.[ and can prove it ] Even after you put a deposit down and the price drops say a month later your TA can call and secure the lower price. After full payment is made it is very hard to change anything. Never make final pmt b/4 it is due.

Our TA called on Tues to tell us that RC would be crediting our card for $400.00 for the senior discount!! That's wonderful!!

Rebeccajo68 - We are booked for the April 1st cruise on the Enchantment! This will be our 2nd cruise on the Enchantment, but the 1st since the stretch. We are very excited.

All cruise lines offer senior rates. However not on all cruises . It changes daily depending on how the sales are going. Also NCL give 5% for anyone that is a union.[ and can prove it ] Even after you put a deposit down and the price drops say a month later your TA can call and secure the lower price. After full payment is made it is very hard to change anything. Never make final pmt b/4 it is due.

Thanks for that information about NCL and a union discount. We have a trip booked on the NCL Crown this summer. after reading what you wrote, I e-mailed our travel agent yesterday to ask about this. (My wife is a teacher and a member of their union.) He e-mailed back today and answered that NCL has instituted a discount program for AFL-CIO members. I e-mailed back and asked what if any discount we will qualify for. Thanks again.

Thanks again for this information. We now have confirmation from our travel agent as to the amount of the discount we are entitled to. We needed the following information, member number and local number. I have e-mailed that to our travel agent. My wife will also need to have her union card to show them at embarkation.

We never would have received this discount without the information you posted.

• 1 month later...
Hi, We live in Bedminster,PA We go through Bedminster NJ on our way to Lead East car show in Parsipany.

DH had a cousin who lived in Bedminster NJ; we visited him there just a couple of years ago. Pretty town.

Hey Jude - I just realized you live in Miami! That is where the Triumph sails from - and the prices are so reasonable. I am cruising the week of 1/6/07 for less than $700 pp. (Western Caribbean) You might want to give it a try. She is a Destiny class ship - not as large as the Conquest class - but a beaut! She has lots of balcony rooms (did I mention this price is for a balcony on the Panorama deck - 10th floor!!) - and I must have my balcony.

I will be in Miami on the 5th of May as we are sailing her on May 6th to Eastern Caribbean.

Are you telling me that because I'm a senior..and my husband was in the military or I'm a past cruiser on NCL (gold level) and Celebrity...that I can get a real cheapo rate without waiting for prices to go down... and I'm not talking about inside cabins!!!

Archived