Oh dear, the IT department does it again!

jonsmum

Have just received an email from X 'celebratiing how far we have come together'. Shame they've got the number of cruises and total number of nights sailed wrong. Oh and they don't seem to have a record of our upcoming cruise in March, only the one in November.

Doesn't fill you with confidence does it?!!

Have just received an email from X 'celebratiing how far we have come together'. Shame they've got the number of cruises and total number of nights sailed wrong. Oh and they don't seem to have a record of our upcoming cruise in March, only the one in November.

And I thought it was just me...

Like you, they quoted the incorrect number of cruises & days and asked me how we enjoyed Luminae and Michaels Club - we last sailed in a suite in 2011!

Disgraceful - if this was my IT dept I'd sack them all and get some 6 year olds in to do the job properly - they'd almost certainly know more than the current lot. Additionally, if I was a shareholder I'd be asking some searching questions at the AGM.

Until they sort this mess out I'll be trying other cruise lines' websites and researching their offers.

WT

If it makes anyone feel any better, I just got a phone call and an email from a sales agent wanting to help me book my cruise...when I just booked one yesterday. Not a "Thank you and let me help you book shore excursions."

Also, the online check-in info that I completed (Everything except printing the Xpress Pass) and saved...was wiped out this morning.

It is the same IT department as Royal Caribbean has. They learned their programing skills on this ...

article-1357480-0D37CC31000005DC-213_468x407.jpg

Yesterday, I gave up waiting for my luggage tags that I'd ordered weeks ago online and phoned Captain's Club. Very helpful young lady acknowledged that there was a real problem with generating them through the website but she'd be glad to do it at her end. After taking all of the requisite information and inputting it into her system, she said "Oh-oh, there seems to be a problem here, a warning had just popped up on my screen." Turned out that, as part of a group booking, providing my address to get my luggage tags would result in everyone else's being sent to me! Worse, there was no override or other way to generate just my tags and have them sent to me.

I've used the same TA in the past and have had no problems ordering my tags when part of a group. The Captain's Club rep was most apologetic for not having a fix for the problem and suggested that I get the TA to order tags for the group and have them sent to the TA's office, to be picked up by, or mailed out to all of the group members. I've passed that on to my TA, but I'm not holding my breath.