Four Ladies....one room....Yikes!

jenlaur

Thanks for all the responses! They are all great! Three of us in the cabin (plus one in another cabin) see each other 3 times a week when we work out at boot camp. We know each other pretty well and 3 of us have travelled together and seem to do OK. The 4th in our room is a long time friend. I think we can work it out.

I'm hoping everyone will bring only a carry on. I have already planned to lay out what I want to take and put 1/2 back. We shall see....

Thanks again!

P.S. We will be heading straight to the bar and commence drinking immediately. This should help immensely I am thinking!

Thanks for all the responses! They are all great! Three of us in the cabin (plus one in another cabin) see each other 3 times a week when we work out at boot camp. We know each other pretty well and 3 of us have travelled together and seem to do OK. The 4th in our room is a long time friend. I think we can work it out.

I'm hoping everyone will bring only a carry on. I have already planned to lay out what I want to take and put 1/2 back. We shall see....

Thanks again!

P.S. We will be heading straight to the bar and commence drinking immediately. This should help immensely I am thinking!

Bon Voyage, and please let us know how it goes.

#1 Rule make sure all suitcases and bags are collapsible enough to fit under the beds. No hard sided bags allowed. Common sense, but I've seen it get overlooked.

I was thinking we should all take collapsable. But I was assured that a standard size carry on would fit under the bed. Is this not so???

I was thinking we should all take collapsable. But I was assured that a standard size carry on would fit under the bed. Is this not so???

You should have no problem fitting carry-on suitcases under the bed. You might have to lift a corner to fit a bag under the frame. Also, sometimes the stateroom attendant will store some bedding under the bed. If you find that you need the space, speak to the attendant.

I think everything is doable for 5 nights...except for the sleeping situation. I hope you have pullmans. The sofabeds are not that great.

Sleeping would not concern me as much as contention for the bathroom. Hopefully there is a public bathroom not too far away.

Go with a good sense of humor and know that things may be a little crazy...but hey...you are cruising with good friends...that's awesome. I did this with two other women...the one problem we had was room temps...two of us liked it cooler and the other one was always cold and turning the AC off...might want to touch on that one before you go. I was the early riser...up and on deck with coffee in my hand by 6:30 or 7:00. We made out plans the night before for breakfast.... and if someone wanted to sleep in that was fine. Enjoy....:)

The title says it all. We are in a superior balcony. Any tips that may this easier for 5 days? I already heard the one about showering in the gym. Excellent idea. Any more tips??? :rolleyes:

OK gang....I have to edit this due to the responses I am getting. We sail a week from tomorrow. So there will be no getting 2 rooms or adjoining rooms as it is sold out. We just need some tips on how to survive the week. As I said, gym showers it is for me. I already bought an extra 3 outlet plug. Anything else??

Gym shower is good advice. Agreeing and staggering times to get ready. Balcony will provide extra space if it gets a little crowded at times.

My best advice is for the four of you to have the conversation and an understanding on how you are going to make this work before you get on the ship.

Yes I am a bloke but I recently shared a cabin with 3 women. Ok it was a much bigger cabin but still highly educational. The main problem is communication and being on the same page. That's where the whole problem with bathrooms become a problem along with a lot of hanging around or getting in each other's way. Have the conversations, agree a plan and make use of space outside of the cabin and it will all go smoothly.

Be prepared for clutter.

Arranging a meeting point worked for us instead of waiting for everyone to get ready in the cabin.

First off enjoy your cruise. Suggestions would be coordinate certain items with the other women. You don't need 4 tubes of toothpaste, hairspray, shampoo etc. Share!!!! We have done this numerous times cruising with 3 women in a cabin. Another helpful item is an over the door organizer. Great for throwing hairbrushes, books, suntan lotions etc. in it.

Post it notes and pencils for leaving each other messages, and don't forget you can phone the cabin and leave a voicemail.

Toothbrush head covers to help keep toothbrushes clean and also to help identify in case 2 people have the same brush.

Agree a lights out, lights on time in advance. If you get back after lights out, work in the dark. And bring eyemasks anyway :)

Think of some fun forfeits for rule breaking (buy a bottle of wine for the table, for example).

Go with a good sense of humor and know that things may be a little crazy...but hey...you are cruising with good friends...that's awesome. I did this with two other women...the one problem we had was room temps...two of us liked it cooler and the other one was always cold and turning the AC off...might want to touch on that one before you go. I was the early riser...up and on deck with coffee in my hand by 6:30 or 7:00. We made out plans the night before for breakfast.... and if someone wanted to sleep in that was fine. Enjoy....:)

This would be the real problem. and often you do not know.

Barbara

I've never cruised with 4 women friends in one cabin, but I have gone to several conventions where 4 shared a hotel room. We had 2 shower at night and 2 shower in the morning. Their choice, since that is their preference at home. We each stake out a corner for our stuff and we keep all our stuff there. We do hair and makeup in our corner, nobody hogs the bathroom. We know we have those who want the room cold and those who want it warmer. We look for the air conditioning vents and return air vents since those areas can be cooler. We also wear heavier or lighter pajamas. We also ask for an additional blanket for our one lady that is always cold. She even sleeps in a hoodie! Since these trips have been at conventions with set activities times, we are always coming and going at the same time.

It is fun, but can be challenging.

Margee

Have cruised with my daughter and two of her friends in one cabin (a graduation cruise so think 18 year olds and all of their primping). With four of us in there the key was organization and with them being teens I found myself the maid several times a day. But with nothing on the counters and the desk it made the room seam bigger (they were constantly asking where their stuff was that they left out).

If you have a pull out sofa it will be hard to get around the room when it is pulled out but my kids always say it is way more comfortable than the Pullmans. I pulled the bedding off in the morning and put the bed (couch) up myself rather than waiting for the cabin steward to do it and it made it way easier for everyone to get ready in the morning. We also always ask for extra padding for the couch whenever our kids get a couch (they will give you two pads for the couch) which is probably why our kids prefer the couch over the Pullman.

Also pack everything you can hang on wire hangers. Wire hangers take up a fraction of the room the wooden hangers onboard do and the more you hang the less drawers/shelves one needs (if you have wooden ship hangers you are not using give them to the cabin steward and make more room in the closet) If you put your clothes on hangers before you leave just fold your clothes in thirds (it makes unpacking a breeze and not a lot of wrinkles).

Edited by rum & monkey

The title says it all. We are in a superior balcony. Any tips that may this easier for 5 days? I already heard the one about showering in the gym. Excellent idea. Any more tips??? :rolleyes:

OK gang....I have to edit this due to the responses I am getting. We sail a week from tomorrow. So there will be no getting 2 rooms or adjoining rooms as it is sold out. We just need some tips on how to survive the week. As I said, gym showers it is for me. I already bought an extra 3 outlet plug. Anything else??

It's hard even with a balcony. I was in a cabin with 3 other women and barely new them or didn't know them at all, it was a group trip (9) of us... Not much room to maneuver but I will say atleast you have the balcony... Going to the spa is also an option to shower depending on some ships. On navigator I could but not sure if it was customary, I had gone for a couple of spa treatments so maybe that is why they let me. I could also do my hair and apply my make up I there also, was quite spacious actually.

I dislike the cabin hangers. I feel like they take up precious space (larger wood style). We try to take our own plastic ones and put the ship ones up on the shelf where the life jackets are.

If you can share toiletries. My mom and I take 1 tube of toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, etc. I know this may not work for those planning on using the gym showers but can for the others.