Is the Platinum lounge happy hour still offered?

Elizabeth K.

Yes it is. Great place for $5 drink special. Don't forget the BOGO $1 usually 3 to 4 PM and again 11 to midnight. That just about reduces the price per drink in half but you have to buy two drinks. Great if you can share the second one with your cruise partner or drink both yourself. :D

Yes it is. Great place for $5 drink special. Don't forget the BOGO $1 usually 3 to 4 PM and again 11 to midnight. That just about reduces the price per drink in half but you have to buy two drinks. Great if you can share the second one with your cruise partner or drink both yourself. :D

Never seen this offered during the PSE lounge. :confused:

BOGO takes place elsewhere. It's not the same thing as PES lounge.

When recently on Emerald the Buy One Get One $1 was normally in the Wheel House Bar 3PM - 4PM and again 11PM-Midnight.

We had the "Liquor Sticker" (All Inclusive Drink Package) so it was of no importance to us but some of our cruise pals liked taking advantage of it.

It has nothing to do with the Platinum/Elite/Suite "Happy Hour". Totally different things.

LuLu

It's still offered. We usually don't go, but either the first or second day has appetizers we like, the steak tartare and shrimp cocktail. It appears to be the same menu rotating. I need to set a reminder for myself because it's usually the first or second day that you get the captain's circle card in your room that tells you what is being offered every day of your cruise.

I was just on the dawn princess. I didnt see anything about this. I wasnt looking though. Where should i look next time :)

You will get a card in your cabin telling you where and when the PES lounge is. The BOGO is listed in the Patter.

In May 2015, it was still BOGO free at Regal. Crooners bet. 3-4pm and Club 6 bet 11pm-12am.

In Oct 2015, it was BOGO $1 at Royal at the same bars and time.

Is the BOGO $1 for ANY drink (including wine) or only those on a certain list?

Thanks!

The BOGO $1 is for any drink (including wine) and is available to ALL cruisers. :)

It is totally different from the PES Happy Hour.

LuLu

Thanks and with the BOGO $1, do both have to be the same drink or just the same price? Say if I buy a $7 glass of red wine, can the second be a glass of white wine originally offered for the same price? Or can the second be any drink the same price or lower than the first?

Thanks!

I was just on the dawn princess. I didnt see anything about this. I wasnt looking though. Where should i look next time :)

Just off the Sea Princess (38 days) and they don't have the PSE lounge. The Captain Circle Hostess said they had no place where they could hold the PSE in the ship. Not sure if this would be the same for the Dawn or Sun Princess or not. Check with Capt Circle Hostess next time you are on board.

Thanks and with the BOGO $1, do both have to be the same drink or just the same price? Say if I buy a $7 glass of red wine, can the second be a glass of white wine originally offered for the same price? Or can the second be any drink the same price or lower than the first?

Thanks!

During Happy Hour the BOGO drinks have to be the same drink. DH and I share the BOGO drinks even though he isn't crazy about the "ladies" drinks I like. Happy Hour drinks do have a dollar limit on what drinks are covered and this amount will be listed in the daily Patter. It is somewhere around $10.95 US and $13.95 Australian.

During Happy Hour the BOGO drinks have to be the same drink. DH and I share the BOGO drinks even though he isn't crazy about the "ladies" drinks I like. Happy Hour drinks do have a dollar limit on what drinks are covered and this amount will be listed in the daily Patter. It is somewhere around $10.95 US and $13.95 Australian.
Thanks...good to know!