St. Martin instead of St. Kitts?

ValerieJo

I've never been to either island, had a nice tour booked on St. Kitts with Jarvin that I had to cancel, looking for something to do on St Maartin.

Also it looks like the Jewel will be the 5th ship in port that day.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/St_Martin__St_Maarten/511-Philipsburg/March_2016/

Us too! They were fine with the cancellation, but finding another tour is taking some time which is the one thing we don't have much of. Check out the st Martin port of call. Couple of great land based tours and also at least one company that everyone loves for a snorkel day!

I happen to know the OP has been to both. Frankly, I'm shocked by the negative responses about St. Kitts. While I also like St. Maarten, it's such a common stop that most cruisers (myself included) have been there multiple times. It's a treat to get to St. Kitts, which is an incredibly beautiful island. I've been there twice and both times I returned home to the realization that all my most BEAUTIFUL photos were from St. Kitts. If this change was made to one of my cruise itineraries, while I'm sure I'd enjoy St. Maarten, I'd be very disappointed to miss St. Kitts.

Thanks for this. Personally quite disappointed about our itinerary change and was Soooo looking forward to st kitts. Wil just have to book my next cruise on board and make sure it goes to st kitts ☺

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. Personally quite disappointed about our itinerary change and was Soooo looking forward to st kitts. Wil just have to book my next cruise on board and make sure it goes to st kitts ☺

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

No guarantees no matter where you book your Cruise. This thread is a good example of that. Our 3 April 2016 Celebrity Eclipse Cruise was originally scheduled to stop in Bonaire. Celebrity dropped Bonaire (no explanation as to why). Now we are doing two days in Curacao. Maybe next time. We'll get there eventually.

I happen to know the OP has been to both. Frankly, I'm shocked by the negative responses about St. Kitts. While I also like St. Maarten, it's such a common stop that most cruisers (myself included) have been there multiple times. It's a treat to get to St. Kitts, which is an incredibly beautiful island. I've been there twice and both times I returned home to the realization that all my most BEAUTIFUL photos were from St. Kitts. If this change was made to one of my cruise itineraries, while I'm sure I'd enjoy St. Maarten, I'd be very disappointed to miss St. Kitts.

Sometimes when I read things that people write about the islands I wonder why they even bother going to the Caribbean at all.