hotels in Miami

LHT28

So who will do the right thing & tell the hotel they are at courtesy of Oceania that is because NORO was on the ship ???

I would not want to be booked into one of those hotels that does not know people may be a carrier for the virus

So who will do the right thing & tell the hotel they are at courtesy of Oceania that is because NORO was on the ship ???

I would not want to be booked into one of those hotels that does not know people may be a carrier for the virus

The people at the hotel are not stupid so when Oceania made all the reservations the hotels knew where all the people were coming from. You don't take hundreds of room reservations 2 days in advance and not know why.

Possibly a better thing for one or more of the previous passengers to do would be to phone the health department even today as they have staff available 24-7 for public health issues like this.

Even if the hotels are aware of the illness as RJB believes, simply sending the people to multiple hotels without being quaranteed and letting the hotels what type of clean up is required after the guests leave is possibly creating a public health issue in Miami and like the CDC which is keeping tabs on Oceania's cleanup, the Miami-Dade Health Department is the agency who needs to coordinate the cleanup and stop any possible health issues in the city.

Edited by tommiroke

Possibly a better thing for one or more of the previous passengers to do would be to phone the health department even today as they have staff available 24-7 for public health issues like this.

Even if the hotels are aware of the illness as RJB believes, simply sending the people to multiple hotels without being quaranteed and letting the hotels what type of clean up is required after the guests leave is possibly creating a public health issue in Miami and like the CDC which is keeping tabs on Oceania's cleanup, the Miami-Dade Health Department is the agency who needs to coordinate the cleanup and stop any possible health issues in the city.

Very good point. But we do not know where they sent the people who were already sick. The CDC came on yesterday evening before the ship was cleared and they may have sent these people somewhere else. I do not know. It did take 2 hours after we docked before the started to let everyone off. We got home last night and are still feeling fine. Hope that continues.:)

The people at the hotel are not stupid so when Oceania made all the reservations the hotels knew where all the people were coming from. You don't take hundreds of room reservations 2 days in advance and not know why.

Well since some people posted that the hotels think there was a mechanical issue with the ship ...maybe they are too stupid

Well since some people posted that the hotels think there was a mechanical issue with the ship ...maybe they are too stupid

Do not believe that for a second. How could a ship with a mechanical problem travel at 21.5 knots for 2 days. I do not think that Oceania would lie to hotels in their own backyard and that they use all the time. Would be pretty stupid on their part and not be in their best interests at all.

Do not believe that for a second. How could a ship with a mechanical problem travel at 21.5 knots for 2 days. I do not think that Oceania would lie to hotels in their own backyard and that they use all the time. Would be pretty stupid on their part and not be in their best interests at all.

Well i guess those that posted that the hotel they are at thought it was mechanical issues.... must be liars then

Edited by LHT28

Well i guess those that posted that the hotel they are at thought it was mechanical issues.... must be liars then

I would not go that far. Just does not make much sense when you think it thru. Normally a ship with mechanical issues has to go much slower, not faster. just saying.

I would not go that far. Just does not make much sense when you think it thru. Normally a ship with mechanical issues has to go much slower, not faster. just saying.

do you think the hotels were watching the speed the ships was travelling ??

just saying

do you think the hotels were watching the speed the ships was travelling ??

just saying

Some hotels are pretty smart. Also do not know who told the hotel(just 1?) that it was mechanical? Was it Oceania management? or a sick passenger who did not want the hotel to know he or she was sick. Not sure where it came from. If it was one of the first people to check in and they told an untrue story than it could be repeated. Don't know. just saying

I would not expect that all Check In Desk representatives were aware of the Riviera's plight. Quite often when corporate to corporate bookings occur, the people behind the desk never get informed. We may never be privy to the exact conversation between O corporate and the hotel reservations corporate. The Check In folks just may have "assumed" and not been told one way or the other from their corporate.

I would not expect that all Check In Desk representatives were aware of the Riviera's plight. Quite often when corporate to corporate bookings occur, the people behind the desk never get informed. We may never be privy to the exact conversation between O corporate and the hotel reservations corporate. The Check In folks just may have "assumed" and not been told one way or the other from their corporate.

Good post. It is hard to know without being there in person. :):):)

I personally can attest to you that all the hotel people checking us in and handling our luggage were not aware of the precise problem. I recommended much hand washing with soap and hot water to all I encountered. Spouse and I have remained in good health but incubation period is 12 to 48 hours so we have only 24 to go!

Edited by CintiPam

I personally can attest to you that all the hotel people checking us in and handling our luggage were not aware of the precise problem. I recommended much hand washing with soap and hot water to all I encountered. Spouse and I have remained in good health but incubation period is 12 to 48 hours so we have only 24 to go!

Hope you stay well

Hope the hotel will use some better cleaning protocol for those that got off the ship when they leave

As a resident of the Miami area I am far from pleased that the hotels in question were not informed of the health problems of some of their new guests. This could start a real problem health wise for hundreds if not thousands of hotel workers all over the city. Oceania should come clean and list the hotels that were used for the sick passengers.

How about all the unknown visitors that are checking into those hotels as we speak. I certainly would not like to check into a hotel being used to house sick people.

A list of hotels being used should be published by Oceania immediately so hotels and their guests can take precautions.

The whole thing sounds nuts. While on the ship you are in quarantine for at least 48 hours, once docked off you go on a bus with healthy people, to a hotel, restaurants, planes, taxies, etc. People could of been still sick with all the symptoms. Oceania just wanted to get rid of them however I am surprised the CDC or USPHS would allow it.

As a resident of the Miami area I am far from pleased that the hotels in question were not informed of the health problems of some of their new guests. This could start a real problem health wise for hundreds if not thousands of hotel workers all over the city. Oceania should come clean and list the hotels that were used for the sick passengers.

How about all the unknown visitors that are checking into those hotels as we speak. I certainly would not like to check into a hotel being used to house sick people.

A list of hotels being used should be published by Oceania immediately so hotels and their guests can take precautions.

Do not know if this the case. Don't know for sure what was or what was not was told to hotel management. Know for sure that CDC was on the ship for quite a while before the ship was cleared and don't know if the people that were sick were taken somewhere else. You probably could check with the CDC

Does anyone know if the sick were sent to the same hotel or to several locations ?

Then there were those that were not sick when they left the ship but maybe are now

When I got Noro I was fine right up until I was living in the bathroom :eek:

Does anyone know if the sick were sent to the same hotel or to several locations ?

Then there were those that were not sick when they left the ship but maybe are now

When I got Noro I was fine right up until I was living in the bathroom :eek:

Not a clue. Again this might have been directed by the CDC. They should be the one's to take the lead in this. Did not want to stay in a hotel, just get off and go home. Guess Oceania owes me for 2 nights in hotel.

Not a clue. Again this might have been directed by the CDC. They should be the one's to take the lead in this. Did not want to stay in a hotel, just get off and go home. Guess Oceania owes me for 2 nights in hotel.

Something that has not been talked about is the fact that probably many more people were afflicted with Noro that the "official" number on the CDC report. It has been often stated that people do what they want and once they find out that they will be quarantined, they don't report to the sick bay or let the official on board know. With that said, there is no way to know how many actual people were sick to so no way to know how many went to each hotel or on airplanes heading for home.

It has already been reported by a person professing to not be sick that he or she was put on a bus with sick people. Also, so far no indication that anyone has or has not boarded Riviera on this message board so no telling how much Noro is floating around Miami.

What a fine kettle of fish you've gotten us into Oceania!!!!! Wondering what might be on the evening news tonight??

Something that has not been talked about is the fact that probably many more people were afflicted with Noro that the "official" number on the CDC report. It has been often stated that people do what they want and once they find out that they will be quarantined, they don't report to the sick bay or let the official on board know. With that said, there is no way to know how many actual people were sick to so no way to know how many went to each hotel or on airplanes heading for home.

It has already been reported by a person professing to not be sick that he or she was put on a bus with sick people. Also, so far no indication that anyone has or has not boarded Riviera on this message board so no telling how much Noro is floating around Miami.

What a fine kettle of fish you've gotten us into Oceania!!!!! Wondering what might be on the evening news tonight??

So what are the people who want do the right thing to do? On the ship the staff was trying hard to keep the people that they knew about in their cabins. The rest of those who were sick will have to live with themselves if they infected others.

Also, so far no indication that anyone has or has not boarded Riviera on this message board so no telling how much Noro is floating around Miami.

People posted on the roll call that they were onboard earlier today & probably by now all are on the ship

I was the one who wrote about the mechanical issues that were mentioned by a member of the staff at the Grand Hyatt Coral Gables. A friend arrived just after we did and one of the hotel employees greeted her with with the comment that he was sorry they experienced mechanical issues on the ship and their cruise was cut short. Perhaps this employee was not informed of the virus and assumed the ship had mechanical trouble. I don't know but was not trying to be accused of lying.

The numbers on the CDC website for sick passengers from our 2/12 voyage has now increased to 124 which is over 10% of the passengers. Considering one passenger has already reported being sick at one of the hotels, the accurate number will never be known. However, an outbreak at one of the Miami hotels where the passengers stayed post cruise will be a real problem for O.