Path of Cyclone Winston

Caroldoll

Does anyone know where Winston is expected to go. We understand that Marina managed to miss the effects, but are wondering about the next cruise.

We too are very interested to know, esp the impact of the cyclone Winston on our upcoming cruise. Our hearts go out to all the residents of Fiji, having experiences with 2 hurricanes in the Caribbean. When we booked this cruise we totally forgot about the weather. I was so elated to know of this itinerary with sea days well-intersperse among the ports.

We are cruising Marina departing from Auckland Mar 9 with we have 2 ports of call on Fiji - Suva Mar 16 & Lautoka Mar 17. According to news, Fiji plans to close for 30days, very understandably, and we will be right in the middle of it.

Wondering when we will expect Oceania to make announcement of how and where Marina will replace Suva & Lautoka. Anyone care to comments? Thanks/Ann

We too are very interested to know, esp the impact of the cyclone Winston on our upcoming cruise. Our hearts go out to all the residents of Fiji, having experiences with 2 hurricanes in the Caribbean. When we booked this cruise we totally forgot about the weather. I was so elated to know of this itinerary with sea days well-intersperse among the ports.

We are cruising Marina departing from Auckland Mar 9 with we have 2 ports of call on Fiji - Suva Mar 16 & Lautoka Mar 17. According to news, Fiji plans to close for 30days, very understandably, and we will be right in the middle of it.

Wondering when we will expect Oceania to make announcement of how and where Marina will replace Suva & Lautoka. Anyone care to comments? Thanks/Ann

First let me say that our trip 2 years ago to FP was wonderful. We did Tahiti to Sydney, with a lot of the same stops you are doing. I think in a few days when Oceania has gotten past the Riviera nuro problem they will look at this. You are still about 3 weeks away and things can change in Fiji in that time. I am sure they can find other good places to stop if need be. Have a great trip. You should love it.

Does anyone know where Winston is expected to go. We understand that Marina managed to miss the effects, but are wondering about the next cruise.

Us Floridians -- know about Hurricanes and Cyclones. I use Weather Underground site for tracking and predictions

See the 5 day track --

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/south-pacific/2016/Tropical-Cyclone-Winston?map=5day

Us Floridians -- know about Hurricanes and Cyclones. I use Weather Underground site for tracking and predictions

See the 5 day track --

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/south-pacific/2016/Tropical-Cyclone-Winston?map=5day

What does a 5 day track have to do where or where not it will be in 3 weeks? It will be gone by then.

Edited by RJB

I was listening to a New Zealand radio station today that discussed their sending food and supplies to the affected areas because they desperately need such things. I don't doubt that the weather should be fine very soon (or at least not awful) BUT if the situation after the storm is as dire as it sounded, they may not be ready for tourist traffic in a few weeks.

I was listening to a New Zealand radio station today that discussed their sending food and supplies to the affected areas because they desperately need such things. I don't doubt that the weather should be fine very soon (or at least not awful) BUT if the situation after the storm is as dire as it sounded, they may not be ready for tourist traffic in a few weeks.

Agree with you. Fiji is my favorite spot in the world (have visited 90+ countries). The people are the friendliest that we have ever met. This is sad on so many levels. Truly hope that the ship can dock in at least a couple of islands -- even if they were not originally on the schedule.

that someone had a friend in Suva and that it was fine there. Evidently the cyclone hit some of the resort islands. I do hope it is all right by then as this is a bucket list item for me. However, I know my fate is in someone greater's hands...and I am all right with it. I hope the people in Fiji get it all together soon for them. I do hope.