RCCL January 2016 wine prices

For those who might be interested here are some Royal Caribbean wine prices, January 2016

--------------------

Chardonnay

Penfolds "Koonuga Hill," South Autralia

Glass: $10/Bottles: $39

Errazuriz, "Wild Ferment," Casablanca Valley, Aconcagua, Chile

Glass: $15/Bottles: $62

Ausseries Blanc, by Barons de Rothschild-Lafite, Languedoc, France

Glass: $8/Bottles: $39

La Crema, Russian River Valley, California

Glass: $17/Bottles: $65

Ferrari-Carano, Fume Blanc, Sonoma County, California

Glass: $18/Bottles: $73

--------------------

Pinot Grigio

Dazante, Venezie, Italy

Glass: $12/Bottles: $48

Attems, Venezia Giulia, Italy

Glass: $17/Bottles: $66

--------------------

Sauvignon Blanc

Kim Crawford, Marlborough, New Zealand

Glass: $13/Bottles: $55

Robert Mondavi, Private Selection, California

--------------------

Adventurous Whites

Castello del Poggio, Moscato, Pavia, Italy

Glass: $13/Bottles: $43

Conundrum, California

Glass: $15/Bottles: $64

Planeta, Bianco, "La Segreta", Sicilia, Italy

Glass: $12/Bottles: $50

Kendall-Jackson, "Vinter's Reserve", Riesling, California

--------------------

Sparkling

Chandon Brut, "Classic", California

Glass: $12/Bottles: $66

Valdo, Brut, Prosecco, Italy

Glass: $11/Bottles: $45

--------------------

Rosé

Chateau d'Esclans, Rose, "Whispering Angel", Provence, France

Glass: $15/Bottles: $52

Beringer, White Zinfandel, California

Glass: $10/Bottles: $52

--------------------

Pinot Noir

Spy Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand

Glass: $17/Bottles: $68

Castle Rock, Central Coast, California

Glass: $13/Bottles: $52

Estancia, "Pinnacles Ranches", Monterey County, California

Glass: $12/Bottles: $51

--------------------

Merlot

Reserve St. Martin, Vin de Pays d'Oc, Languedoc, France

Glass: $8/Bottles: $34

Clos du Bois, North Coast, California

--------------------

Cabernet Sauvignon

Glass: $13/Bottles: $50

Oberon, Napa Valley, California

Glass: $17/Bottles: $69

Castle Rock, Columbia Valley, Washington

Aussieres Rouge, by Barons de Rothschild-Lafite, Languedoc, France

--------------------

Adventurous Red

Peter Lehman, Shiraz, "Weighbridge," South Australia

Terrazas de los Andes, Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina

Torres, Ribera del Duero, "Celeste", Spain

Glass: $13/Bottles: $56

Edited by Cruiser Craig

Thank you! I have been looking for wine prices. DH and I will be sailing for the first time with RC and have been trying to decide on drink packages. If the wine I drink is $12 a glass then it looks like I'll have to purchase the premium package, so this info is good to have.

For those who might be interested here are some Royal Caribbean wine prices, January 2016

--------------------

Chardonnay

Penfolds "Koonuga Hill," South Autralia

Glass: $10/Bottles: $39

Errazuriz, "Wild Ferment," Casablanca Valley, Aconcagua, Chile

Glass: $15/Bottles: $62

Ausseries Blanc, by Barons de Rothschild-Lafite, Languedoc, France

La Crema, Russian River Valley, California

Glass: $17/Bottles: $65

Ferrari-Carano, Fume Blanc, Sonoma County, California

Glass: $18/Bottles: $73

--------------------

Pinot Grigio

Dazante, Venezie, Italy

Glass: $12/Bottles: $48

Attems, Venezia Giulia, Italy

Glass: $17/Bottles: $66

--------------------

Sauvignon Blanc

Kim Crawford, Marlborough, New Zealand

Glass: $13/Bottles: $55

Robert Mondavi, Private Selection, California

--------------------

Adventurous Whites

Castello del Poggio, Moscato, Pavia, Italy

Glass: $13/Bottles: $43

Conundrum, California

Glass: $15/Bottles: $64

Planeta, Bianco, "La Segreta", Sicilia, Italy

Kendall-Jackson, "Vinter's Reserve", Riesling, California

--------------------

Sparkling

Chandon Brut, "Classic", California

Glass: $12/Bottles: $66

Valdo, Brut, Prosecco, Italy

Glass: $11/Bottles: $45

--------------------

Rosé

Chateau d'Esclans, Rose, "Whispering Angel", Provence, France

Glass: $15/Bottles: $52

Beringer, White Zinfandel, California

Glass: $10/Bottles: $52

--------------------

Pinot Noir

Spy Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand

Glass: $17/Bottles: $68

Castle Rock, Central Coast, California

Glass: $13/Bottles: $52

Estancia, "Pinnacles Ranches", Monterey County, California

Glass: $12/Bottles: $51

--------------------

Merlot

Reserve St. Martin, Vin de Pays d'Oc, Languedoc, France

Glass: $8/Bottles: $34

--------------------

Cabernet Sauvignon

Glass: $13/Bottles: $50

Oberon, Napa Valley, California

Glass: $17/Bottles: $69

Castle Rock, Columbia Valley, Washington

Aussieres Rouge, by Barons de Rothschild-Lafite, Languedoc, France

--------------------

Adventurous Red

Peter Lehman, Shiraz, "Weighbridge," South Australia

Terrazas de los Andes, Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina

Torres, Ribera del Duero, "Celeste", Spain

Glass: $13/Bottles: $56

........but a quick spot check DOES show differences! :eek: :eek:

WOW, we are from Northern California and some of those prices are a little steep. $52 for a bottle of white Zinfandel is enough to keep you sober. We get a bottle of Conundrum at Costco for around $20. It is hard to justify wine on a cruise ship. That being said, we use our RCCL Visa points for OBC and pretend everything we charge on our SeaPass card is half price. Cutting those prices in half seems almost reasonable. One night on the Oasis in Coastal Kitchen there was a misprint on the wine list. We got a $289 bottle of Opus One for $89. That was a deal. Too good actually. When the manager realized the error, he seemed so distraught that I split the difference of the error with him and it was still a good deal.

WOW, we are from Northern California and some of those prices are a little steep. $52 for a bottle of white Zinfandel is enough to keep you soberl.

I bet that wine is reaaaallly popular and it makes the people who purchase the drink package think they got their money's worth. Those prices are hurtful.

Thank you, Cruiser Craig and Merrion Mom! This is good to know. Yikes! The mark-up!:eek: I've always been aware of it, but still, when I'm actually sitting here at this moment drinking a glass of La Crema pinot noir from a bottle with a $19.99 price sticker on it, it's hard to swallow (no pun intended) $19 a GLASS and $77 a BOTTLE. And the Belle Glos ~ Clark & Telephone pinot noir in my wine cabinet was $39.99 a bottle. Compare that to $95 onboard bottle price, the mark-up is really bad but not as bad as La Crema.

I have no reason to believe that different venues have different prices. But with Royal Caribbean, you never know

Merion Mom, I don't know, maybe different prices do exist for different venues. Or maybe not everywhere has been updated. I got the above info from triple'w'-dot-royal'caribbean'blog-dot-com-slash-royal-hyphen-caribbean-hyphen-drinks-hyphen-prices and tried to post the link but it didn't work here on Cruise Critic. It's dated 8 January 2016. You can go to that address if you enter three w's, and real dots and hyphens (instead of dots and hyphens spelled out) deleting the apostrophes and dashes above. Note that this blog is not from RCCL, but from fans of RCCL.

Does Royal still allow you to bring one bottle of wine pp on board ? Is there still a wine package of 3,5 or 7 bottles ? If so does anyone have the wine package prices ?

Two bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed.

The fleetwide wine packages are gone. However, you might find your ship offers it's own package. Unfortunately, you cannot get the details until you board.

Two bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed.

The fleetwide wine packages are gone. However, you might find your ship offers it's own package. Unfortunately, you cannot get the details until you board.

Thank you, I have been searching the Royal site and could not find the wine package info anywhere. Now I know why. We always bought a wine package in the past, very disappointed.

Thank you, I have been searching the Royal site and could not find the wine package info anywhere. Now I know why. We always bought a wine package in the past, very disappointed.

If you don't find a wine package being offered as you board the ship, ask your dining room team.

I agree. I definitely am not getting a better deal with the package I will have to purchase in order to enjoy the wine I drink. I did enjoy buying the wine package on NCL and was hoping RCI would offer something similar.

Merion Mom, I don't know, maybe different prices do exist for different venues. Or maybe not everywhere has been updated. I got the above info from triple'w'-dot-royal'caribbean'blog-dot-com-slash-royal-hyphen-caribbean-hyphen-drinks-hyphen-prices and tried to post the link but it didn't work here on Cruise Critic. It's dated 8 January 2016. You can go to that address if you enter three w's, and real dots and hyphens (instead of dots and hyphens spelled out) deleting the apostrophes and dashes above. Note that this blog is not from RCCL, but from fans of RCCL.

Mine come from a couple of weeks ago on the Anthem. :)

Mine come from a couple of weeks ago on the Anthem. :)

Here's more I just found from another section of that blog:

"The change in pricing is not reflective of all Royal Caribbean sailings we have seen. Some sailings still reflect the old pricing, and it is unclear as of yet if or when this new pricing will spread fleetwide."

Cheers to all, whatever you're drinking and whatever you're paying. :) And thanks for the above pictures, Merion Mom!

WOW, we are from Northern California and some of those prices are a little steep. $52 for a bottle of white Zinfandel is enough to keep you sober. We get a bottle of Conundrum at Costco for around $20. It is hard to justify wine on a cruise ship. That being said, we use our RCCL Visa points for OBC and pretend everything we charge on our SeaPass card is half price. Cutting those prices in half seems almost reasonable. One night on the Oasis in Coastal Kitchen there was a misprint on the wine list. We got a $289 bottle of Opus One for $89. That was a deal. Too good actually. When the manager realized the error, he seemed so distraught that I split the difference of the error with him and it was still a good deal.

I agree that the wine prices are hgh compared to retail prices. However, I've found that they are not far off from restaurant prices, which I think is a more appropriate comparison. In fact, the prices for higher end wine are typically better than local restaurants.

I agree that the wine prices are hgh compared to retail prices. However, I've found that they are not far off from restaurant prices, which I think is a more appropriate comparison. In fact, the prices for higher end wine are typically better than local restaurants.

I agree that some of the higher priced wines are not marked up too badly (2 or 2 1/2 X) but the cheaper wines are silly.

Even if I wanted to drink a $10 glass of white zinfandel, I wouldn't because the price of an entire bottle is $5. They're just throwing prices at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when they were discussing how to price the wines. They were probably laughing their a88es off.

Edited by marci22

I agree that some of the higher priced wines are not marked up too badly (2 or 2 1/2 X) but the cheaper wines are silly.

Even if I wanted to drink a $10 glass of white zinfandel, I wouldn't because the price of an entire bottle is $5. They're just throwing prices at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when they were discussing how to price the wines. They were probably laughing their a88es off.

Totally agree, same with all the prices onboard. As long as enough people keep paying, the prices will continue to go up.