I'm Presently On The Eclipse - Any Questions?

Im A Happy Cruiser

Persian Garden passes: 1 day for $25 ($19 on port day), 3 days for$50, 6 days for $75

Spa specials: 1 sea day - 80 minute massage for the price of 50 minute session,

Aruba Special: combination of full body, foot, hand, arm massages and energizing scalp treatment all in one 70 minute session for $169

I'm attempting to attach a video I made of cabin 8345 last year on Equinox. Sky suite 9299 on Eclipse is exactly the same except the sofa and chair are in opposite places and the pole is on the opposite side of the bed. I've never tried to attach anything before so if it doesn't work I'll try again later.

We are in 9374 and it sounds identical to 9299. Vary pleased with room and we have booked it again for 2018.

Hi there, really enjoying your posts. We are on Eclipse in April. It has been a few years since we last used Celebrity.

Would you know if Balcony staterooms still offer umbrellas and binoculars? Does Celebrity offer a Coffee Card - also a Chef's Table Dinner?

Thank you in advance.

We had an umbrella and binoculars in our balcony cabin on Equinox in December. I thought it was because we were in concierge class. I don't know if regular balconies offer this perk. I hope they do.

Go to the bar at top of page click on "Photo Gallery"

Go to bar under advert far RIGHT hard to see as in red "Upload Photo"

Click on "choose file" Then choose your photo to upload from you computer.

Click on "Upload/Submit"

Click and highlight the link in "Direct Link" e.g http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/518/ST_Davids_Day.jpg Copy link using Ctrl + C

Now add to your post by clicking the "Insert Image button" a new box appears.

IN box highlight the http:// and delete now add link using Ctrl + V

ST_Davids_Day.jpg

Click OK Hay Presto you have photo (I HOPE).

Have update can't tell me left from my right can't Tango either.

Go to bar under advert far RIGHT (NOT LEFT) hard to see as in red "Upload Photo"

John

Glad to see you are on the Eclipse! Our son, Jordan Peterson, is the piano entertainer currently on the ship! Tell him, HI, from his parents in Nebraska! Enjoy!

Hi, we are sailing on March 20, will he still be on board? Is he part or the Celebrity orchestra or a piano player in various venues?

My husband and I have been enjoying listening to your son's performances ever since he was first introduced at the beginning of the cruise in the theater. My husband and I went again to the Sky lounge last night and sent him the message that his parents said hi all the way from Nebraska. He seemed tickled to get your hello. For all of you future cruisers Jordan is a stand-alone performer that sings and plays the piano each night in the sky lounge.

For anyone who was concerned about the latest menu for Tuscan Grill go back to post #33 on this thread and click on the link. The menu that you see after scrolling way to the bottom is the current Tuscan Grill menu. There are two items that do require an additional upgrade fee. The 18 ounce aged New York strip is an additional $15 and the 22 ounce porterhouse steak is an extra $18.

Several of you asked about reduced pricing for the specialty restaurants. During the first week there was almost always someone outside of the regular dining room offering specials on all of the specialty restaurants. The most discount that I was ever quoted was 30% off however I have read on cruise critic that you can get as much as 50% off the price of any of the specialty restaurants

I talked with people at the shore excursions desk about the Chefs Market Discoveriy in St. Lucia. I was told that the only Chefs Market discovery being offered at this time is the one in Saint Maarten. She said that there is a possibility that in the future the one in St. Lucia will once again be offered but she had no idea of a timeframe when that might happen.

This answer is for the person who was concerned about long lines to re-board the ship after excursions. I know that the length of the line can vary however we never saw a line that would require anyone to wait more than one or two minutes to re-board. Most of the time there was no line at ask. Plus usually there were a couple of chairs and sofas outside of the ship where people could sit down and rest or wait to get back on. Obviously they would not be there for anyone who was returning at the last minute before sailaway.

I will give a review of all our excursions, hopefully later today.

Ruth

My husband and I have been enjoying listening to your son's performances ever since he was first introduced at the beginning of the cruise in the theater. My husband and I went again to the Sky lounge last night and sent him the message that his parents said hi all the way from Nebraska. He seemed tickled to get your hello. For all of you future cruisers Jordan is a stand-alone performer that sings and plays the piano each night in the sky lounge.

Thanks for telling Jordan "HI" from us! Hope you enjoyed him!

We'll be on the Eclipse later this spring. Could you find out if there's a server aboard by the name of Wilmar? Or "Willy from the Philli" as he calls himself. Best waiter (among many) in the fleet, IMHO. Thanks!

Is Jordan really singing every night in Sky?

Is it a "sing along" with banter or just performing?

Having a piano bar performer is something I really miss from Princess.

We were on the Eclipse sailing before you where Damien was home and the evening entertainment was really lacking - maybe because we had a replacement CD??? :confused: :(

Back on page 1 of this thread I already stated that we enjoyed the helmet dive in Aruba. It is listed as AR 74 in the shore excursion booklet. In case you wonder how this takes place I will say that all they do is place a helmet on your head that has a hose attached to it that keeps air inside the helmet also keeping water outside of the helmet. The helmet weighs 60 or 70 pounds but only seems like 10 to 15 pounds weight on your shoulders when you are under the water. The bottom of the helmet is open enough that you can put your hand up inside the helmet to scratch her nose etc. There is a handrail that you must hold onto as you walk along the path under the water. You are not allowed to take any kind of camera with you under the water to make pictures. However they take pictures and make a video while you were under the water and it is for sale afterwards at the price of $40. This was a very unique experience for me since I am not a swimmer and am afraid of water. We thought the price of this excursion at $139 was a little steep since we really didn't have time to enjoy the other aspects of the waterpark .

We did excursion CUC6 in Curacao which is called Curacao City and beach escape. For your information the bus was not air-conditioned.... In fact the windows had been removed from the bus. The driver did a good job of telling about the highlights of Willemstad that we were seeing as we drove to Cabana Beach. Most of the photo opportunities were on the right-hand side of the bus rather than behind the driver . Quite a few people on the bus thought they were supposed to get an island tour rather than a city tour and were upset that we were going to be left at the beach for almost 3 hours. For $35 it was not a bad trip if you just wanted a review of the sites of the city and enjoyed going to the beach.

In Barbados the excursion that we wanted to do was already full. My husband opted to just stay in Port around the ship while I joined with a couple to take a private taxi around the island. The driver wanted $120 for his tour and we sort of said we would give him $30 each. We got a very good tour of the entire island which lasted four hours. The driver would stop anytime we asked him to do so for photos and he suggested some places that we didn't know about that he thought we would like to see. The only negative part of this taxi tour was that the driver kept telling us how he was giving us a $ 120 tour not a $90 tour for the three of us. He certainly had a high opinion of himself because he kept telling us over and over how he knew the island and he was often recommended to take visiting dignitaries on tours. At the end we did give him $40 apiece because it had been a private tour in an air-conditioned car with no lines to get back on a bus.

In St. Lucia we took the ships excursion SL 26 call coastal cruise to the Pitons. We were on a motorized catamaran with about 120 other people. We made a 30 minute stop for swimming at a secluded bay on the way to the Pitons. Only about 30 people got off the Catamaran to either snorkel or go to the beach. I once again had to overcome my fear of the water in order to get to the beach since the water was over my head for the first three or 4 feet near the catamaran. But with use of noodles they had on board and someone's hand it wasn't bad and I was glad I got to see the black sand beach. Then we continued the trip around the island until the majestic peaks of the Pitons came into view. On the way back to Castries the catamaran went into Marigot Bay for a photo opportunity. The workers on the boat told a lot of info about the parts of the island we were passing. They were also a lot of fun and had a great number of the passengers up dancing in the aisles on the ride back. Both of us enjoyed this excursion and felt the price of $79 each was fair.