Auckland Accomodation

Novotel at Auckland International arrivals has a daily rate. We've used it when we've got off an early arriving flight to catch up on some sleep for several hours before continuing our journey.

You would have to book a full day with late check in . Day rooms are available from 6 am to 6 pm.which would not fit the posters time frame.

You would have to book a full day with late check in . Day rooms are available from 6 am to 6 pm.which would not fit the posters time frame.

That is what I was thinking, one good thing thought with the Stamford is they had a noon checkout. One bad thing is unless you pick up a deal, they can be pricey.

Sorry - I misread it as an 05.50 arrival! You could try Jet Park Hotel at AKL and see if they could accommodate you. They have a 24 hour shuttle from the airport and are only 5 minutes away. Have used them too, but don't know about very late arrival. I would assume they are used to them, otherwise why have a 24 hour shuttle?

http://www.jetpark.co.nz

Where is the Auckland Cruise Terminal? We've only been to Auckland once on a cruise and that time the ship docked at Princes Wharf but the information I've seen is that cruise ships dock at Princes and Queens Wharf.

The Mercure with 24 hour front desk looks very close to either and there are cheap rates online.

Where is the Auckland Cruise Terminal? We've only been to Auckland once on a cruise and that time the ship docked at Princes Wharf but the information I've seen is that cruise ships dock at Princes and Queens Wharf.

The Mercure with 24 hour front desk looks very close to either and there are cheap rates online.

It is at the bottom of Queen Street

Mecure would be ideal . Queens Wharf is just across the road....its the next along from Princes.

Just a heads up....Downtown Auckland, like any big city in the early hours of morning , attracts a somewhat undesirable element and some of the bars are open until 5am .

From the airport you could get a taxi if you like, but also check out the airport bus...SkyBus

http://www.skybus.co.nz/

it stops almost outside the Mecure Hotel.:)