Unlimited Ship Wifi

CA Oceanfront

Does anyone know what the pricing is for the unlimited wifi package? Is it a flat rate per day, or per cruise, or ??? Thanks!

Last cruise I was on (Jan 16 Quest) it was $69.95 a day with a package for a 10 night cruise being sold for $389. There is no price reduction for Le Club Voyage members as happens on Celebrity.

Edited by uktog

This is what Host Andy said on his "Live From" thread:

Hi Everyone,

A member asked if Azamara is offering Unlimited Internet. The answer is yes. The price works out to $35.00 per day. On this 11 night sailing, the price was $385.00. The package can only be purchased during the first 2 days of the Cruise, then it's gone. You must also purchase it for the entire cruise.

As best as I can tell, there is no additional discount for Le Club Voyage members. If I hear anything further on this, I will post again.

Hope this helps !

Last November's 16 night TA was $450 I think. I'm really hoping that once the new shipboard wifi is bedded in they offer some more reasonably priced packages and particularly varying LCV discounts depending upon the level you are.

Phil

I have to agree compared to other parts of the Royal Caribbean family the costs are very high and the recognition of loyalty through internet benefits is poor.

I am currently on a b2b on the journey and the first part was 10 days for $350 and now i am paying $385 for 12 days. No discount for loyalty members. This price is only available the first two days of the cruise, thereafter it is something like $69 per day. I cannot say that the speed has considerably improved since drydock, but with unlimited internet at least i don't have to worry about losing minutes while pages load.

I have to agree compared to other parts of the Royal Caribbean family the costs are very high and the recognition of loyalty through internet benefits is poor.

Agreed Uktog, I'd hope that Azamara considers reducing the price some, and offer additional discounts, based on your loyalty level. The higher the Le Club Voyage level, the greater the discount.

When we sailed on Oasis last summer, I paid something like 90.00 for unlimited high speed internet, on a 7 day cruise. This works out to about 13.00 per day, for the best Internet I've ever had on a Cruise ship. I'm not suggesting that Azamara should be at the 13.00 per day price point, but something like 20.00 per day for a higher tier LCV member, seems far more reasonable to me.

Just my .02 cents.

Edited by Host Andy

Two reactions:

Unless my math is off, $.05/minute works out to $72/day for unlimited wifi. Yikes!

Do it the otherway around: 69,95/24/60=0,04857. So almost 0,05

DH bought the unlimited yesterday on the Journey. It had to be bought in the first two days of the cruise and was around $25 per day.

A 10 night cruise is 10 days and a little. You can start somewhere in the afternoon on the first day and it will be ended at the last night. So If you devided your total amount well than $25 a day is a good price, because some other wrote

10 days for $350 and now i am paying $385 for 12 days

I was looking at unlimited wifi and also looked at adding the 'Like' package (which inc unlimited wifi for one device) to my booking. Any ideas of pricing for the 'Like' package for a 13 night Dec cruise? Also, is the speed much faster on Journey now following the upgrade of the system or are they still tweaking it!?

Found this on Azamara UK, does this apply to all cruises, doesnt mention duration?

Unlimited Internet for one device ($270 USD value)

Land Discoveries onboard credit of $200 USD per person/ $400 USD per stateroom

Premium Liquor Package ($15.95 USD per person/per day)

Wine and cheese tasting for two ($50 USD value)

Value of $1,000 USD/stateroom but you pay just $700 USD—that's a savings of 30%!

I am presently aboard Journey and the unlimited wifi package is priced at $399 for this 16-day voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Is the WiFi any speedier? Enjoy your cruise!

The unlimited internet packages if you want one for the whole cruise make the LCV and suite minutes worthless. I find it odd.

Phil

Exactly, I've made this point before here and on end of cruise surveys but never an official explanation. Perhaps Bonnie could get the explanation why Azamara does not give any recognition, where as Celebrity does.

Edited by uktog

Thanks for the info. Is the WiFi any speedier? Enjoy your cruise!

I have to say there is no discernible difference in either the speed or the connectivity around the ship. It's all acceptable in my book for a ship. We are having a drink at the Sunset Bar right now as we sail from Cabo and the signal seems adequate. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The unlimited internet packages if you want one for the whole cruise make the LCV and suite minutes worthless. I find it odd.

Phil

DH bought the unlimited for work. I use the minutes that we received from our suite benefits. The only benefit we receive from the suite perks is that we can both be online at the same time. Not really much of a benefit. We find the speed and connectivity to be as good as Celebrity and Princess which were our last two cruises.