New Regal TV Show ,The Cruise,

Shogun

I know that reality TV shows like to focus on personalities, but I could have done with more on the intricacies of sailing into Stockholm, and less about Tim worrying about his hair.

The 'crisis' over the faulty dishwasher had me on the edge of my seat - oh, the stress! - and the contrived meeting between the Head Chef (really?) and the engineer was as awful as it was embarrassing.

On next week's show:

With only 4 hours of daylight left, there's a race against time to change a light bulb. Can the ship's step ladder be found before it's too late?

The Captain looks out of the window, in a very white shirt, and tries to remember which way is starboard.

Tim bursts into tears, when he discovers he has run out of hair gel.

And in the theatre, drama, when a dancer loses a false eye lash, but bravely grits her teeth, and in the best show biz tradition, carries on regardless.

Me, I'm going down the pub!

I know that reality TV shows like to focus on personalities, but I could have done with more on the intricacies of sailing into Stockholm, and less about Tim worrying about his hair.

The 'crisis' over the faulty dishwasher had me on the edge of my seat - oh, the stress! - and the contrived meeting between the Head Chef (really?) and the engineer was as awful as it was embarrassing.

On next week's show:

With only 4 hours of daylight left, there's a race against time to change a light bulb. Can the ship's step ladder be found before it's too late?

The Captain looks out of the window, in a very white shirt, and tries to remember which way is starboard.

And in the theatre, drama, when a dancer loses a false eye lash, but bravely grits her teeth, and in the best show biz tradition, carries on regardless.

Me, I'm going down the pub!

I know it's not good ng to o get as Oscar, but to me it's a little bit of Princess whilst I wait for our next cruise.

On next week's show:

And then repeating the same dramatic narrative - this week finding 5 ways to over egg the risk in sailing into Stockholm - every few minutes.

Stuart

Edited by Wiltonian

Wowzz

Love your post. Had a good laugh about it.

Wiltonian

Totally agree with your comment. We sailed into Stockholm last year. Wonderful.

As said, nowhere near as bad as the Royal series.

99 days to our next cruise on the Emerald. Not sure I like the new ships.

Thanks for the info. We were on board the Royal when iTV was filming. Never did get to see that. Really wanted to see the bit they shot in Crown Bay when the couple stopped running to catch the ship and got booed by everyone watching.

I will have to watch the Regal, as we will be sailing on it next spring.

Mike

Hi

Its hard to explain how bad the Royal tv show was, cruise director in bed with husband,

The Regal show might not be perfect, but its on at prime time, its light entertainment, and thats a key point entertainment, if you want details of the

communication system the bridge uses or sulphur reading from the onboard fuel you will not find it here. Its not on the Discovery channel.

You are going to get views of the ship and a broad idea of what happens onboard a cruise ship,

This week folks would have learned, that the ship has an extensive maintenance department and can make and repair most things,that dancers have only days to learn new routines, chef has 20,000 meals a day to prepare,

etc,

yours Shogun

yours Shogun

Funnily enough Celebrity Solstice is on Mighty Cruise Ships on Quest as I type.

The problem I find with "The Cruise" is its too short to hold your attention, it must be all of 20 odd minutes with commercials. Its interesting but leaves you wanting more...

Edited by CCFC

Hi Shogun,

I was interested last night in the sail into Stockholm. I looked at this years itineraries but they state the port of Nynashamn is the stopping point for Stockholm. Does anyone know if this is always the case now or do they try to get all the way to Stockholm. I received an email from Princess today advertising the programme and encouraging us to book one of these cruises and quotes "if the weather is right, maybe you`ll experience sailing all the way into Stockholm."

Hi

Its hard to explain how bad the Royal tv show was, cruise director in bed with husband,

The Regal show might not be perfect, but its on at prime time, its light entertainment, and thats a key point entertainment, if you want details of the

communication system the bridge uses or sulphur reading from the onboard fuel you will not find it here. Its not on the Discovery channel.

You are going to get views of the ship and a broad idea of what happens onboard a cruise ship,

This week folks would have learned, that the ship has an extensive maintenance department and can make and repair most things,that dancers have only days to learn new routines, chef has 20,000 meals a day to prepare,

etc,

yours Shogun

yours Shogun

Fair point, but why devote 25% of the programme to Tim 'gurning' his way through the shore excursion? And the 'extensive ' maintenance department needed a day to repair a dish - washer: good job it wasn't something important.

To be fair, I'm criticising the programme, not Princess, although if I worked for Princess I would have asked for editorial control.

Hi All

Week 3 Turnaround day Well worth watching

Captain up at 2.20am,

HGM< Dirk doing inspections, and keeping fit

Ship has lost luggage to deal with, lots of lost luggage 41 bags

Lots of shots of crew working very hard

Late passengers

Chefs table covered, $500,000 for centre piece deco $1,000,000 figures seem high from what I recall

quote from voice over, "much of ships life is dressing to impress" gives wrong idea.

nice shots of atrium, dancing etc

next week employee of the month

yours Shogun

Hi,

Often wonder why editors of these type of programs always look for the odd balls, gives wrong impression.

Because that makes 'good TV'. The snobs who liked the chef's table simply because it made others jealous were, IMHO, nauseating.

Stuart

Edited by Wiltonian

Good episode. Spoiled by the snobs at the Chef's table.

Seeing from a different side.I would not mind trying as a one time treat its something different.Maybe some of those that were pertaking had similar views to mine.Mind you I have to have Gluton Free so do not know if they could accomodate this?

Not that I will ever try now due to my objections to their solo pricing:rolleyes:;)