Sunshine Drydock

johnnyf0614

Someone had posted via info. from their PVP, that during the Sunshine Drydock in May, they are going to move the Sushi place, make the piano bar larger, and make the comedy club larger, while widening some of the halls on 4th floor, as well as painting and replacing carpeting too. Anyone else here this???

Just checked out deck plans for these areas and some of them are doable. We're going on her in April so I will really be scoping it out to see if it's possible. The comedy club is desperately in need of expansion (we love comedy shows), so hope that is true. All that gray space behind the limelight lounge bar area is questionable? Guess only time will tell, we still love the Sunshine and have cruised on her 3 times already, so will be an enhancement.:)

I asked John Heald about it a few weeks ago when I first heard rumors.

Per John Heald : Yes indeed, she does go in then for 2 weeks dry dock and will receive a great makeover and new carpets and lots of cleaning etc. She will look amazing when she comes out and heads to Charleston.

Woo hoo that would be awesome if they do those things. We are booked on her first cruise out of drydock so can't wait!

Same here!!

Most of the routine dry docks for hotel maintenance (carpets, cleaning, etc) are typically one week, so could be doable with a 2 week dry dock on remodeling some...

I was told that they are going to try to take half of the bar out of the Punchliner in order to put more seating in. This was from an upper ship management person. The PB bartender said they were trying to make the PB bigger but it was not looking good for that. Guess we will see.

I was told that they are going to try to take half of the bar out of the Punchliner in order to put more seating in. This was from an upper ship management person. The PB bartender said they were trying to make the PB bigger but it was not looking good for that. Guess we will see.

From friends we have sailed with comedy club is half the size as other ships and gotta get there very early to get decent seats.

I am afraid Vista will be the same.

According to JH, the dry dock will be maintenance to the engines, propulsion parts, cleaning of the hull, new carpet, etc.. No mention of anything with the comedy club or the restaurants..

Did he mention anything about adding mini-fridges to every room?! :D