Mekong AmaLotus Review

Floridiana

If it helps, no, yellow fever is not a requirement for Cambodia/Vietnam, but as usual, if you've recently been somewhere else where it was a requirement then bring your vaccination card with you just in case you need to prove you were vaccinated at that time.

Just to confirm, we checked carefully with our doctor before our trip and were told that this is most definitely not a yellow fever area. As for water, loads were always provided on all our trips and also on board and in hotels. Never a problem. My wife reacts badly to insect bites so we used strong deet repellant throughout with great success. Economy flights with Singapore included in our trip. Hotels were simply amazing, top class and way above where we usually stay!

Shame we were not with Floridian as I think we might have gelled really well.

Floridiana, Mark _T, and kool kruiser, thank you for the information on the yellow fever vaccine, that is very helpful. Some of the side effects, while extremely rare, sound pretty horrific, so not having to deal with the risk makes the Mekong cruise even more tempting.

Floridiana, I always enjoy your reports and look forward to them. All the posters who take the the time to write a trip report are much appreciated, and are part of what makes the forums such a great resource.

Shame we were not with Floridian as I think we might have gelled really well.

It would have been nice to meet you. :)

By the way, what Mark_T means is the following. If you travelled to a Yellow Fever area in the past, other countries which are yellow fever free might want proof that you are vaccinated. The point is moot in your case, just to clarify for other readers.