Anthem of the seas is headed back to Cape Liberty now due to a storm

lazeyey

FYI, sheets are not changed daily on a ship...If you ask, then probably yes but they get changed once, usually, during a cruise...perhaps twice on longer voyages.
Sheets are usually changed once in the middle of a 10-12 day cruise. Most people do not expect sheets to be changed everyday? I mean, who changes their own sheets everyday?

That has certainly been our experience on longer cruises.

I had one concern about the construction of the Allure and the Oasis. They appear to be open in the back. If they go through high seas and rough weather, would the interior incur water damage?

If the water from the ocean ever got high enough to get on the back of an Oasis class ship, water damage would not be the biggest problem.:cool:

If the water from the ocean ever got high enough to get on the back of an Oasis class ship, water damage would not be the biggest problem.:cool:

Yep, ships are not like stationary sea walls and buildings. They tend to ride up a wave, so you would have to have a breaking sea over 60 feet to cause water to enter the aft end of the boardwalk.

Got that dead horse handy, might need it soon.

Well, then it's the virus :rolleyes: Otherwise they'd let people stay until the original debark date and not have to incur any change fees for travel arrangements. Not everyone drove to get to the ship...

Can't think of any other legitimatereason for them to force people to debark.

If this storm develops and comes up the coast we could in fact be in the midst of a moderate to major snowstorm Friday morning. That could in fact be a legitimate reason to want everyone off and heading home in advance of the approaching storm.

5 minutes ago in from the the guest services desk someone lost control of the bowels and it went EVERYWHERE. Ugh the poor crew that has to deal with cleaning that.

Dining staff and cabin stewards are hit hard. I'd guess 30% reduction in staff.

My room is getting picked up but not cleaned in a normal way. Our steward has been I incapacitated for 4 going on 5 days.

The ship is deserted at night. The majority of infected people that won't show up on the official records because the medical facility was was swamped and can't handle any more and others don't want to be quarantined.

5 minutes ago in from the the guest services desk someone lost control of the bowels and it went EVERYWHERE. Ugh the poor crew that has to deal with cleaning that.

My room is getting picked up but not cleaned in a normal way. Our steward has been I incapacitated for 4 going on 5 days.

The ship is deserted at night. The majority of infected people that won't show up on the official records because the medical facility was was swamped and can't handle any more and others don't want to be quarantined.

omg...:(:(:(

If this storm develops and comes up the coast we could in fact be in the midst of a moderate to major snowstorm Friday morning. That could in fact be a legitimate reason to want everyone off and heading home in advance of the approaching storm.

Hm....can a thread about a delay in departure of the next cruise be far away? Well, it's a just a three day sailing going north in early March - what could possibly go wrong.......

Ok whatever, to whoever made the comments about the sheets, but my sheets smelled bad (from the moment they were on the bed). AND, I went DAYS without clean towels and when I asked, I got my head bitten off by the horrible stateroom attendant, who btw, got $20 from us on dat 1. It's something I do every trip.

But it doesn't matter anyways because it has been resolved. The same stateroom attendant who cleans the captain's room, the hotel director's room AND the cruise director's room. And guess what???? He's actually doing his JOB, you know the same job the other guy never did. And also, I haven't had the time or working Internet to tell you the WHOLE story.

So you people can think what you want of me, but the matter of the fact is, you're not going here dealing with the crap I am. So say whatever you want to me because I'm don't arguing with Internet strangers. I'm doing my own and don't care what anyone says. So I'm going to my other thread to finish my review. I'm done with defending myself to people who don't matter :D

Oh no, thank god I left that place. The line was too big.

Our stateroom attendant said that as of now the cleaning won't be the same. Like vacuuming for example, they can't go that with the norovirus because there's a chance they could pick up the virus and move it to someone else's room.

I think RCCL should be reconsidering Bayonne for Anthem in Winter cruising. Better to do the Caribbean from Florida in Winter and go back North for Spring - Fall. Florida doesn't have a quantum class ship at all.
Do you realize have long cruise ships have been sailing out of New York/ Bayonne, and Baltimore for???? It's a HUGE moneymaker for the cruise lines, the ships sail FULL week after week, year after year.....:rolleyes:

And also, I haven't had the time or working Internet to tell you the WHOLE story.

Without some context you'll keep getting the responses you've been getting. Word of advice, tell a story with some background so people can understand - don't just throw out some narrative.

Hey everyone. Sorry for the awful spelling mistakes and not making sense.

I forgot to also mention that this ship is FREEZING everywhere. I just asked a nurse about this and she confirmed that it is colder on the ship because that can help control the norovirus outbreak.

Worst Royal Cruise yet. I only had my stateroom cleaned 3 times in 7 days. Nice.

Did you say something??? Your stateroom gets cleaned EVERY day???????:confused:

Hm....can a thread about a delay in departure of the next cruise be far away? Well, it's a just a three day sailing going north in early March - what could possibly go wrong.......

I am on that sailing, and quite frankly, I wouldn't be disappointed if it was canceled and we received a refund.

Edited by DonnaK

Emailed the president?? Wowsers... I understand that you are in a less than ideal situation. However, I can assure you that the president of a multi billion dollar corporation has far more important things to do than yield the customer complaints. This is what the chain of command is for. Did you ever approach the stateroom attendant before going above their head? IF so and nothing changed, at that point is when you would address the supervisor and so on working your way up. I'm not quite sure the reasoning on emailing the head honcho of a company before first having your issue attempted to be resolved on the ship. Are you sure you are upset about the other situations on this ship and now are looking for a scape goat for your rath? The attendant will probably be fired. Is that going to make you feel better?
I'm having a hard time believeing this post. Have e=never ever in all my years of cruising, EVER had a stateroom attendant NOT clean my stateroom every single day. In fact my cruise on Quantum last year our lovely stateroom attendant became ill and she was out of commission for two days. We had another stateroom attendant fill in for her, seamlessly and no issues, have a hard time swallowing this post. Edited by Thetrail

Lol, whatever. You'd do the same thing if your sheets weren't cleaned for 4 days. I can email whoever I want. I don't need YOUR permission. So thanks but no thanks.
How often do you clean your sheets at home, and how often do you THINK the sheets are changed in your stateroom?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sounds like Royal has been taking a beating financially on the last couple of cruises on this ship.

Im on the Marc 4 - 3 night sailing - wondering just how this will go

Possible snow storm headed this way towards the end of the week. Bring your snow boots and mittens. :eek:

Sounds like Royal has been taking a beating financially on the last couple of cruises on this ship.

Im on the Marc 4 - 3 night sailing - wondering just how this will go

You're probably right, but the question is do they think they will continue to make the big profits over the entire season. Time will tell. If their weather standards are such now that they are cutting short 50% of the cruises in the season, I imagine they will move the ship away.